1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Things to Ponder.....

Discussion in 'Christian Forum Games' started by Heart2Soul, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Dave L

Dave L Guest

Selling an image and Product
    Association

As I drive I can't help notice the "theme neighborhoods" that conjure up an image along with a house to sell. "The Laurels of Canyon Oaks" where a hole in the ground remains from where they uprooted a stump about ten years ago. "Rolling Flats" where otherwise flat glacier land takes on a new aura in name only. "Acres", "Oaks", "Lakes", "Green", all of which are names used to sell an image of affluence.

Or Product association where they sell you a product linking it to an idea you're already sold on. Some of the internet sales merchants use this saying "others who like this product bought this instead". Or "Where America Shops". Or "Family" ______, this or that....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
    Heart2Soul likes this.
  2. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Things to ponder.

Always go for the peace. Seek and pursue it we are told.

1. Avoid vanity and vexation of spirit by those that are contrary no matter what your position, re: Mr. Aesop's analogy. They will trouble your spirit and rob your peace if you allow them. Don't allow them to do this. If you are mistaken in some views God will show you without condemning you.

2. Peace always passes understanding. We'll never ever understand all things but on the other hand we can indeed have peace in all things. Peace is superior to understanding as wisdom is superior to foolishness.

3. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    i'm just doing whatever i can so that you might change your mind Frank, after all you are the one in so much pain ok

cry for peace if you want though, go ahead!

4. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    My Helping Hands advocate came over today to do a Bible study with me and play with Lorena while I folded like 4 loads of clean laundry I had been putting off going through. It is amazing a couple small bags of that were baby clothes Lorena has outgrown. Babies grow at a remarkable rate for sure! But it means a lot she comes over a couple times a month. We don't have family up here that can really help us with the baby at times, but it is a blessing to have mother/grandmother figures that love us

Heart2Soul and farouk like this.
  5. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Where do we get the idea that 'eternity' is devoid of time, as if there is no past, present, or future where God lives? That makes no sense. Creation gave us the means to measure time, but did God create time itself?

6. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    All things were made by him time measure also. He gave all we need. Seeing that his divine power has granted to us everything we need pertaining to life and godliness through the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

7. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Great you have some assistance...