Things You Wish You Could Tell Your Younger Self

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm telling you, Fluffy Duck, you did that so well, I just had a flashback! Yeah, maybe I'll go find that mountaintop after all. Monk Time. A safer place...like the top of Mount Bachelor!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm telling you, Fluffy Duck, you did that so well, I just had a flashback! Yeah, maybe I'll go find that mountaintop after all. Monk Time. A safer place...like the top of Mount Bachelor!
Haha..

My dad taught me to always protect a man's self confidence and self worth. He said it was where men are the most vulnerable.

So I never did that. But I have seen men berated in public to where I go... :eek::eek::eek:

OoooooOooooooffda!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
il_340x270.2818605038_q5fp.jpg

Mount Bachelor, a volcano that's prophesied to erupt...looks safer to me!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To add to that I wish someone told me and much of my family, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I had a Christian upbringing and education, and one of the greatest risks for kids who "grew up Christian" is taking on the label without being trained to develop a relationship themselves, or there being a falling away in the family.

My parents were good for the most part, after I turned nine, things started to change. My stepfather (died a couple years ago) was abusive towards my mother. I grew up around a lot of drugs (it was the 90s) and a lot of alcoholism. There was lot of perversion coming from other members of my family towards myself and others. I was passed around a lot from this place to the next.

I never wanted to touch drugs, fortunately, because I had seen so many manic episodes from other family members (not parents) on whatever the thing with needles is.

I had to leave home early, about 16, to protect me from a family member, and somewhere along that line, I started looking for love from the example of everything love is not.

But I wish people taught me how to pray. I wish that I understood that with Christ there was a relationship and it wasn't just something we said or just something we did because it was the right thing, and that was it.

The Bible says that God is a father to the fatherless and he stepped in for me like a father would, and raised me up himself and started developing me in the way that he wanted and plucked me out from my family. So he cared for me and basically re-raised me. He took care of my parents and loved them in the same way.

I guess that's my testimony @MatthewG, I guess I didn't answer yet because there was a whole other side I hadn't really paid attention to.

How great and amazing our God is. Merciful, patient, longsuffering, forgiving, and loving.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, Fluffy, have you ever foamed at the mouth? Lol

Well, I can't speak for her,.. but I currently am because I'm about to let the demonrats have it!!! :mad: (In one week from today I'm writing to my congressman,.. enough is enough I've had it!! No more miss nice girl. ;) )

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My neighbor has the nicest smoky-grey kitty. Self-assured to a fault, I call him TICK (the incredibly cool kitty). I explained that to him as he lay on the back fence, back to me, pretending not to notice.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hindsight is 20/20.

Mine...

1. You cannot put a whole egg in the microwave and expect it to come out boiled egg. It will explode.
2. Boiling the pot on the stove for over an hour to get out the burned stuff on the bottom will not fix it. It will melt the pot into the stove.
3. Cover up. It's off-putting.
4. Never let a 17-year-old perm your hair. It will fall out.
5. Don't let grandma go to the church Christmas dinner wearing festive Santa velvet baby doll "nightwear" over her outfit because you think it's funny. She will get upset after.
Why did I let that one get away?

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very difficult question to answer. If i didnt make the mistakes i made i wouldnt have the soft heart and compassion i do for others now. But yet im still struggling with weed and lustful thoughts. The way i feel right now i might have told my younger self to give up but i know feelings lie and the heart is deceitful. With these heavy burdens i will forge ahead, and continue to read 2 pages of the bible everyday. I will continue to listen to at least an hour of sermons on my podcast app and i will continue to go to church on Sundays. I will also continue to pray and ask the Lord for forgiveness

Perhaps the one good thing that has come from being in bondage for so long and not living a meaningful life is that i have much compassion, sumpathy and patience for others who are going through rough things and addictions. I have become a softer, more loving person through it all. I see other people getting frustrated and impatient with other people in their lives. Even people who live less sinful lives then I do. However, my compassion doesnt make me any better or any more rightous then anyone else. But if nothing else I am thankful that the Lord has given me grace in the areas of judging other and using condescending words. I no longer have any desire to speak harshly about anyone

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very difficult question to answer. If i didnt make the mistakes i made i wouldnt have the soft heart and compassion i do for others now. But yet im still struggling with weed and lustful thoughts. The way i feel right now i might have told my younger self to give up but i know feelings lie and the heart is deceitful. With these heavy burdens i will forge ahead, and continue to read 2 pages of the bible everyday. I will continue to listen to at least an hour of sermons on my podcast app and i will continue to go to church on Sundays. I will also continue to pray and ask the Lord for forgiveness

Perhaps the one good thing that has come from being in bondage for so long and not living a meaningful life is that i have much compassion, sumpathy and patience for others who are going through rough things and addictions. I have become a softer, more loving person through it all. I see other people getting frustrated and impatient with other people in their lives. Even people who live less sinful lives then I do. However, my compassion doesnt make me any better or any more rightous then anyone else. But if nothing else I am thankful that the Lord has given me grace in the areas of judging other and using condescending words. I no longer have any desire to speak harshly about anyone

Thank you for sharing your heart on the question Jazzy! This is very helpful and a very good reason and logical understanding of how we are to love, to have compassion, mercy, and forgiveness towards our own self in our mistakes but also others mistakes. Not becoming to high-minded as though we are better than others yet becoming even lower than others, so they may be above us instead while living and trying to love God and love others in this world that is very difficult. It is far from easy, and thankfully God is there with you, and other to help them in their life.

Your encouragement and outlook will go very far with the Lord Jesus Christ with-in you and living in this world as you continue to learn, pray, and seek the truth about God and Jesus Christ.