Thinking of a new site...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hoagie

Jul 10, 2007
I have been a web developer for a while now and I have used VBulletin (the software that this board runs) for a looooong time. I bought a full copy a few years back and pay my yearly membership to keep my upgrades active.The only problem is that I have this copy of VB sitting here collecting dust. I want to start some sort of Christian site but there are a ton of them out there and I don't see adding one more would be worth while.I am looking for ideas......cause I'm fresh out of em.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Hoagie;13584)
I have been a web developer for a while now and I have used VBulletin (the software that this board runs) for a looooong time. I bought a full copy a few years back and pay my yearly membership to keep my upgrades active.The only problem is that I have this copy of VB sitting here collecting dust. I want to start some sort of Christian site but there are a ton of them out there and I don't see adding one more would be worth while.I am looking for ideas......cause I'm fresh out of em.
I have had a great idea but no tools to do it. Maybe we can combine them
smile.gif
)) your tools and my idea Okay, I thought to do daily 'spiritual diary' for all the believers out there who want to post their daily revelations, experiences, thoughts, wishes etc. Like a journal entry. Not replying to each others posts, but just individual entries of what person/people are experiencing 'today'.Memebrs could post comments to each post, and maybe only an owner of that entry can approve comments before they show up. This is just a general idea that can be detailed.

Hoagie

Jul 10, 2007
I was thinking of something like that too, that would be hard with a forum software I would think...... great idea though keep em coming...

bruv

Sep 28, 2007
i use phpbb, there are tonnes of mods for it. there is also a blog mod that will alow for users to have their spiritual diaries.let me know if u need any help.

MATTOB

Feb 24, 2008
You need to focus the website on something. Is it a lifestyle blog? Help pages, a bible study, or generally exactly the same as this website?Pray about the focus of your site and whether God wants you to go ahead with it. See what comes to your heart to do.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Hey you should start an open blog where people can post there testimonies and stories about God.that would be a cool site

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Better research it first. Especially of its a religion thing there are millions out there and you would have to come up with something totally unique. I am working on my 2000th forum now,all have failed because its hard to come up with original material. Its easy to get people to visit and you may get a few members but will they come back?

Salted Websites

Jan 16, 2008
I would love to see a Christian business forum where we could share business ideas and tips with each other. I have been looking for one and there doesn't seem to be one in existence yet. There are "generic" small business/business forums out there, but none that seem to be specifically Christian.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Here you gobecome a millionarestart a website where you have people post the one thing in the world ( which is changeable) that they want to change.and then you pick one ( your service of the month) and change it. That would be cool

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Salted Websites;38379)
I would love to see a Christian business forum where we could share business ideas and tips with each other. I have been looking for one and there doesn't seem to be one in existence yet. There are "generic" small business/business forums out there, but none that seem to be specifically Christian.
What exactly would you be looking for in such a forum?

Salted Websites

Jan 16, 2008
Something where people from different businesses could help each other out in their own expertise. This would be a place where those in the marketing business could give advice to those who don't have that expertise, and those in the tech world could assist those with tech questions, etc.There's a general busines site that is exactly what I'd be thinking except it would be really cool to have one specifically Christian oriented. I tried to post the link, but I must have at least 5 posts first, so I will post this and then the link by itself to that site.

christianvideoblog

Oct 19, 2008
There isn't much you can do with a forum script except run a forum.I would suggest that you ask God if he has any ideas for a Christian website that you can do, then buy or program the necessary software to run it.ernon