This Bothers Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
May I ask what your point is here Pointer? To my knowledge no one on this site has claimed to be a church historian we have attempted to answer your questions. We have even said that it may come down to a matter of having faith.Faith that if God preserved his word through Jews for thousands of years and spoke through the prophets and apostles of the New Testament.Do you not have enough faith that his word for the most part would come to us in tact? God has many mysteries that man does not know. So I have to ask again what is your point? Are you trying to cast doubt on God's word? If so you might be better off on a web site that tries to do the same there are many. Is it to prove your knowledge? All true knowledge comes from God. you seem to get yours from men as you have often told us of the by the books you have read. On one hand you act as if you are well versed in Gods word yet knowing exactly what the text word say is only the beginning of the journey.You have yet to show me any knowledge of what these words mean. Yet here you are yet again nit picking details that are of no meaning to those with faith. If you really in need more information on exact things of history there are many sites you can go to to research this we have even offered them yet you nay say them. It appears to me that you are not interested in finding any truth other than yours. So again I must ask what is your point ?

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(kriss;5005)
May I ask what your point is here Pointer?
Dad of 3 asked: 'the question that plagues me is how could the Bible be 100% correct when the church itself was 100% incorrect?' I answered that by saying that the Bible at that time was not actually in public use. We now have the proposition that a Bible came into public use, a more or less perfect one, produced by a particular church. Now my question is, was that church 100% perfect? If it was not, why was it not? It's an important question.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Dad of 3;4812]This is going to seem heretical said:
I feel your pain. ( as Clinton use to say ). I was brought up Catholic and moved on. I use to be bitter but now I'm more forgiving. There are way too many traditons that make void the word of God and way too little reading the Bible and with understanding. ( in many churches everywhere )But Dad of 3, you're out!!!--no laugh track needed!- Think of those that are stuck there all their lives and never crack open a Bible.Once, as a teenager, I asked my mother if she had a Bible somewhere and she was like ...why?????