This community is proof that one can believe in Christ AND be a jerk.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of good people here but there is also a fair number of dishonest, know-it-all, egotistical jerks here among us. They often get angry and spew lies and personal attacks. As Paul said, have nothing to do with them. Put them on "ignore" and save your pearls for those with ears.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are a lot of good people here but there is also a fair number of dishonest, know-it-all, egotistical jerks here among us. They often get angry and spew lies and personal attacks. As Paul said, have nothing to do with them. Put them on "ignore" and save your pearls for those with ears.
Hello Patrick, we are all a work in progress, I was one of the nastiest people on the planet, I was hurting and took it out on others.

As I have matured in Christ, I’m actually glad I went through that, as it taught me so much, ....the Holy Spirit is working in all of his children, we are all at different stages of our walk with Christ.

We are called to Love those who are nasty, my belief is, they are in need of more Love from Christ who indwells us, I am not saying I know it all, I certainly don’t, it’s understanding where they are coming from, that took me years of constant prayer to understand that one, especially from myself, I had to dig really deep into my heart, to understand why I was so nasty...very long story, won’t bore you with it, to cut a long story short, I believe the Lord took me to where my emotional pain began, once I got there, I went for a lot of Christian counselling, they helped me understand my pain, it probably sounds ridiculous what I’m saying, just trying to help, never take what anyone says in a nasty manner, personally, they are hurting and haven’t got to the place of understanding their pain...God is always working in his children to get them to the place he wants them to be.

I have only positive things to say regarding this forum, I’ve only been posting a few weeks, yet, I have learnt so much from my Brothers and Sisters in Christ...

Another thing I like, the forum is not over moderated, I believe and imo, think they do a grand job..
Hang on in there, just my thoughts,Patrick, God Bless.

Fillan

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I have matured in Christ, I’m actually glad I went through that, as it taught me so much, ....the Holy Spirit is working in all of his children, we are all at different stages of our walk with Christ.
Hello there! UK here too, good to meet you. With our words and actions we can build people up or tear them down, be a good witness for the Lord or even bring reproach to his cause. But we also must forgive as God forgave us because we do hurt one another. I pray that I will be a blessing to the folks here and not cause anyone to stumble. God Bless You All :)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there! UK here too, good to meet you. With our words and actions we can build people up or tear them down, be a good witness for the Lord or even bring reproach to his cause. But we also must forgive as God forgave us because we do hurt one another. I pray that I will be a blessing to the folks here and not cause anyone to stumble. God Bless You All :)
In Jesus Name,Amen!!

Lovely to meet you too, look forward to reading your posts.

Reactions: shortangel

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with doctrinal discussion is that it brings out the WORST in many of us at times and I too have been the "jerk" that I described in my OP.

Many of us, myself included, must learn to share but then also accept our different understandings without becoming offended or angry. :)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with doctrinal discussion is that it brings out the WORST in many of us at times and I too have been the "jerk" that I described in my OP.
Me too Patrick..LOL.....that jerk in me still tries to rear it’s ugly head, LOL...Haha....I have to keep it down with a ball and chain...LOL.ha..

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too Patrick..LOL.....that jerk in me still tries to rear it’s ugly head, LOL...Haha....I have to keep it down with a ball and chain...LOL.ha..

Jesus is going to transform us and make us like little children because they're not as egotistical, vain, and unforgiving as adults. :)
Matthew 18:3
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.