This may be tough for some to swallow, but....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jared Kushner was put in charge of the impeachment problem. I guess he solved the opioid crisis and brought peace to the Middle East alreayd and needs a new project.

‘TRUMP IS SCREWED!’ Internet erupts in laughter after Jared Kushner tapped to lead impeachment fight

President Donald Trump has reportedly tapped son-in-law Jared Kushner to lead the fight against House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

As reported by CNN on Friday, the president is relying on Kushner and chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to come up with a plan aimed at beating back investigations launched by House Democrats into the president’s efforts to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponents.

Kushner has been the mastermind behind some of Trump’s biggest mistakes as president, most notably the decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey, which led to the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller and the conviction of multiple Trump associates for a wide array of offenses.

Maybe he can offer some rentals to his building(s)? It's the Trump way :D

Given this, many people across the internet celebrated Kushner’s ascent to lead the impeachment fight, as they believe it signals the White House is completely doomed.

They got me in the first half of the sentence here; didn't expect it to finish like that, lol.

I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for President Trump. Kushner appears very dense at times.

I am too. It's starting to hurt watching him not realize how he comes across. And I don't say that from an arrogance position, I say that as knowing how bad I am at public speaking, which is why I don't do it. He was fine when it was 5-10 minutes on his t.v. show, and even that had voice-overs to "do it right, afterwards", but this, in real time, ugh.

Jared Kushner says Florida ex-felons are part of "the new coalition that President Trump is building"

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner told Fox News that more ex-felons in Florida have registered as Republicans than those who are Democrats.

In a wide-ranging interview with host Laura Ingraham, President Donald Trump's son-in-law expressed his satisfaction at seeing the passage last year of the bipartisan criminal justice reform bill, called the First Step Act, which aims to reduce recidivism and help convicted felons reintegrate into society.

Ahead of the interview, a clip was played of an event hosted Monday at the White House celebrating the legislation, which Ingraham described as a "personal mission" of Kushner's.

Politicofact said they couldn't find any evidence to support the claim; but if it were true, why would you brag about it?

Story here: Are most Florida ex-felons registering as Republicans?

Bad publicity is better than no publicity? I guess?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am too. It's starting to hurt watching him not realize how he comes across. And I don't say that from an arrogance position, I say that as knowing how bad I am at public speaking, which is why I don't do it. He was fine when it was 5-10 minutes on his t.v. show, and even that had voice-overs to "do it right, afterwards", but this, in real time, ugh.
I know what you mean for sure. He was sharper mentally when he was running for President too. I saw a clip of him when he was running and noticed how much he's changed.
Bad publicity is better than no publicity? I guess?
If you're in television, probably.

Reactions: 4Jesus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've suspected Trump might be some drug for a while. I couldn't figure out what though. The mystery may have been solved. Sudafed. This thread on Twitter is fascinating.

JRehling on Twitter

In 2016, Trump posted a photo of himself that gave away more than he intended. An open desk drawer revealed box after box of Sudafed, piled on top of one another.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've suspected Trump might be some drug for a while. I couldn't figure out what though. The mystery may have been solved. Sudafed. This thread on Twitter is fascinating.

JRehling on Twitter

In 2016, Trump posted a photo of himself that gave away more than he intended. An open desk drawer revealed box after box of Sudafed, piled on top of one another.

From what I heard, while I'm sure there's some effect from what he's taking, it's not as severe as what it could've been. When I heard Sudafed from the U.K., I thought he was a pre-meth head, as one of the chemicals in Sudafed used to be extracted to make Meth (which is why we all have to show ID to buy it, and can't buy more than a certain amount). Although I think they removed that chemical now cause even that wasn't stopping it.

Hopefully he can "clean up" from it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone have an opinion on whether Israel will enter the scene in Syria this coming harvest/Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles starting on Monday?

I've heard that feasts are times when larger acts occur by God. I'm not saying it's definitive, but it's awfully close timing to the Feast of Tabernacles this year.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone have an opinion on whether Israel will enter the scene in Syria this coming harvest/Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles starting on Monday?

I've heard that feasts are times when larger acts occur by God. I'm not saying it's definitive, but it's awfully close timing to the Feast of Tabernacles this year.
I doubt Israel will do much of anything for a while. They don't have a real government now.

Rivlin unlikely to grant Netanyahu more time to form government: report

President Reuven Rivlin is not expected to grant Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu additional time to form a governing coalition and will likely pass the mandate to Blue and White party leader Benny Gantz, Channel 12 News reported on Friday.

As of Friday, Netanyahu had 12 days left to try to scrape together a Knesset majority after Rivlin tasked him with forming a government on September 25. If Netanyahu fails, Gantz will then be granted 28 days to try himself, the unsourced report said.

Shortly after Rivlin tasked him with forming a Knesset majority, Netanyahu said he was considering returning the mandate, but has not done so. He may be hoping to take advantage of developments in his hearings with Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit, if, for example, the bribery charge against him is reduced to breach of trust, the report said.

Despite his legal woes — he is facing pending corruption charges in three cases — Netanyahu was tasked by Rivlin with trying to form a government based on the strength of his pact with right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties to negotiate as a bloc of 55 MKs. Gantz heads a bloc of 54 MKs from the center, left and Arab parties, but the 10 Arab MKs in that group would not join a Gantz-led coalition. Neither candidate has a clear path to a 61-strong Knesset majority without the other.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt Israel will do much of anything for a while. They don't have a real government now.

Rivlin unlikely to grant Netanyahu more time to form government: report

President Reuven Rivlin is not expected to grant Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu additional time to form a governing coalition and will likely pass the mandate to Blue and White party leader Benny Gantz, Channel 12 News reported on Friday.

As of Friday, Netanyahu had 12 days left to try to scrape together a Knesset majority after Rivlin tasked him with forming a government on September 25. If Netanyahu fails, Gantz will then be granted 28 days to try himself, the unsourced report said.

Shortly after Rivlin tasked him with forming a Knesset majority, Netanyahu said he was considering returning the mandate, but has not done so. He may be hoping to take advantage of developments in his hearings with Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit, if, for example, the bribery charge against him is reduced to breach of trust, the report said.

Despite his legal woes — he is facing pending corruption charges in three cases — Netanyahu was tasked by Rivlin with trying to form a government based on the strength of his pact with right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties to negotiate as a bloc of 55 MKs. Gantz heads a bloc of 54 MKs from the center, left and Arab parties, but the 10 Arab MKs in that group would not join a Gantz-led coalition. Neither candidate has a clear path to a 61-strong Knesset majority without the other.

I don't know, but digging into that article further, here's a scenario: a little war to unite them; there's nothing like an outside enemy to bring together countrymen. As Pres. Rivlin suggests.

"Talks between Netanyahu’s Likud party and Blue and White aimed at forming a unity government have gone nowhere."

and

“First and foremost we have to clearly define all the issues on the agenda — security, economy, social and church and state,” he wrote.
Liberman said that should such an agreement be reached, they should then adopt President Reuven Rivlin’s proposal for a power-sharing compromise.
Rivlin had suggested a unity government in which power would be equally divided and Netanyahu and Gantz would each serve two years as prime minister. Rivlin implied, but did not specify, that Netanyahu would take an open-ended leave of absence if he is indicted in one or more of the probes in which he faces charges. Under the arrangement set out by Rivlin, Gantz, as “interim prime minister” in such a scenario, would enjoy all prime ministerial authority."

A little war could cause the parties involved to put aside their differences for now, and unite them, possibly, and solve the government issues temporarily.

I'm just speculating of course.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, but digging into that article further, here's a scenario: a little war to unite them; there's nothing like an outside enemy to bring together countrymen. As Pres. Rivlin suggests.

"Talks between Netanyahu’s Likud party and Blue and White aimed at forming a unity government have gone nowhere."

and

“First and foremost we have to clearly define all the issues on the agenda — security, economy, social and church and state,” he wrote.
Liberman said that should such an agreement be reached, they should then adopt President Reuven Rivlin’s proposal for a power-sharing compromise.
Rivlin had suggested a unity government in which power would be equally divided and Netanyahu and Gantz would each serve two years as prime minister. Rivlin implied, but did not specify, that Netanyahu would take an open-ended leave of absence if he is indicted in one or more of the probes in which he faces charges. Under the arrangement set out by Rivlin, Gantz, as “interim prime minister” in such a scenario, would enjoy all prime ministerial authority."

A little war could cause the parties involved to put aside their differences for now, and unite them, possibly, and solve the government issues temporarily.

I'm just speculating of course.
The Arabs may play a role for the first time. Although they don't have that many members, they could provide the few extra votes one side needs to form a government. Strange, eh? I surely don't understand Israeli politics.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Arabs may play a role for the first time. Although they don't have that many members, they could provide the few extra votes one side needs to form a government. Strange, eh? I surely don't understand Israeli politics.

That'd be helpful for a peace plan from Kushner :D

B

brakelite

I've heard that feasts are times when larger acts occur by God.
I think you will be able to make much more sense of international politics, especially when it comes to war and conflict, if you manage to disentangle yourself from the belief that God is connected by default to everything that takes place in the Middle East.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you will be able to make much more sense of international politics, especially when it comes to war and conflict, if you manage to disentangle yourself from the belief that God is connected by default to everything that takes place in the Middle East.

Where did I suggest that "God is connected by default to everything that takes place in the Middle East"?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That'd be helpful for a peace plan from Kushner :D
I can't believe how he insulted the Palestinians while talking about a peace plan. He's even given money to the Israeli settlements that the UN said were against international law.

There's a little dirty secret that almost no one talks about. Palestinians have more kids than Israelis so over time, unless something changes, eventually they'll outnumber the Israelis. This is the first time they've had enough members in the Knesset to influence who becomes the next Prime Minister. So as time goes by, we can expect to see them electing more Arabs. I think the Israelis would love a "two state" solution since then they could put most of the Arabs in a different country. Then the Jews could keep running Israel. It's probably either that or suspend democracy.

I think the Israelis keep building those illegal settlements so they broker a deal where they get to keep that land in exchange for giving the Palestinians their own country.

B

brakelite

Where did I suggest that "God is connected by default to everything that takes place in the Middle East"?

I've heard that feasts are times when larger acts occur by God.
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought you were connecting a possible involvement of Israel in the current Syrian debacle to a religious feast which would be honoured by a God approving of said action.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought you were connecting a possible involvement of Israel in the current Syrian debacle to a religious feast which would be honoured by a God approving of said action.

I did speculate that. However, that's not "God is connected by default to everything that happens in the Middle East"...

And if it ends up protecting Israel, in one form or another, why wouldn't God do such a thing? Are you stating that God hasn't used war to protect Israel?

B

brakelite

I did speculate that. However, that's not "God is connected by default to everything that happens in the Middle East"...
True, it isn't. I did overstate my case. I do tire however from the constant affirmation from so many that every time an Israeli or an Arab sneezes on one another's shoes, it is assumed God is somehow fulfilling prophecy. I suppose I could be accused of overstating my case again. But I think you get the picture.
When Jesus said to the Jewish ruling government "Your house is left unto you desolate", I believe that what He was saying, is part and parcel of His statement elsewhere saying "I will take away your vineyard and give it to another who will give me the fruits in season". Looking constantly to the Middle East for signs of the second coming are bound to be fraught with frustration, because I cannot IMO see God using Israel (the nation)for anything more related to prophecy that He isn't already using the church for. Israel no longer comprises the children of Abraham, in fact, it never did. Israel is a spiritual global entity comprising children of the second Adam, Christ. The children of the promise. Not the children of the flesh.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the Israelis keep building those illegal settlements so they broker a deal where they get to keep that land in exchange for giving the Palestinians their own country.
What you call *illegal settlements* (which are actually occupied territory) were taken by Israel in a war which was meant to wipe out Israel by all the surrounding Arabs. And Israel even handed back some territory to the Arabs when they had every right to take total control.

The fact of the matter is that the Palestinian leadership has deliberately rejected every offer to give them their own country. Arafat (an Egyptian) was an evil man, and now Hamas and Hezbollah (funded by Iran) have only one goal -- to keep on harassing and attacking Israel for absolutely no reason other then their hatred of Jews. So this is just more Palestinian baloney. And Jordan has kept them in refugee camps instead of integrating them into their country.

On the other hand, Israel has allowed Arabs to live and work in Israel, although it has every reason to deport them to the regions occupied by the Palestinians. Israel is the only democracy in this region, and God has indeed preserved Israel in spite of their unbelief. But the UN has falsely accused Israel for a very long time, while giving aid and comfort to its enemies.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you call *illegal settlements* (which are actually occupied territory) were taken by Israel in a war which was meant to wipe out Israel by all the surrounding Arabs. And Israel even handed back some territory to the Arabs when they had every right to take total control.

The fact of the matter is that the Palestinian leadership has deliberately rejected every offer to give them their own country. Arafat (an Egyptian) was an evil man, and now Hamas and Hezbollah (funded by Iran) have only one goal -- to keep on harassing and attacking Israel for absolutely no reason other then their hatred of Jews. So this is just more Palestinian baloney. And Jordan has kept them in refugee camps instead of integrating them into their country.

On the other hand, Israel has allowed Arabs to live and work in Israel, although it has every reason to deport them to the regions occupied by the Palestinians. Israel is the only democracy in this region, and God has indeed preserved Israel in spite of their unbelief. But the UN has falsely accused Israel for a very long time, while giving aid and comfort to its enemies.
All you're doing here is repeating propaganda that maybe you believe.

I don't see how peace will ever be possible when Israel stands opposed to almost everyone at the UN.

B

brakelite

All you're doing here is repeating propaganda that maybe you believe.

I don't see how peace will ever be possible when Israel stands opposed to almost everyone at the UN.
What I was attempting to show in the other thread was the ease by which so many people, you and Enoch included, are deceived into believing there is any real truth in the current conflicts between Israel/Iran/Iraq/Syria/Russia etc etc and that they are actually enemies. The heads of all the factions are on the same side. Their own. Nothing to do with what you see as lives are laid waste and cities and towns devastated just to feed the propaganda machine and continue the conflict. All the while so many are focused on what is taking place there, and ignoring what is taking place here, because it is here where the real action is taking place. You can safely ignore the left/democrat/communist/socialist/liberal/UN factions, as well as the right/republican/capitalist/conservative/US factions, because they are just the show-piece, the theater, the powers that be want you to focus on.
To the side however is where the real focus should be. On the one who is about to step into the breach made by decades, nay centuries of conflict. Since the beginning of last century they have turned this planet into one vast grave yard in order to make your hatred of division more intense than your suspicion of unity. When that happens, they will step in with the solution; the solution which they have been steering the world toward for hundreds of years. What is happening in Syria today is evil, because it is merely a show and its taking innocent lives again just to manipulate society into a mindset of acceptance. No-one on either side cares a damn about those fighting at the front lines, the civilians caught up in the war, the snuffing out of so many pawns in their global chess game. So long as the media focuses on how to make peace...how to appease...how to be just and fair...and not realise the whole fiasco is a sham of monumental proportions until such time when people like yourselves demand the only viable solution that they present you with. The solution engineered long before any of us were born. Just waiting for the right social climate to introduce him to the world.
Even as we speak he is slowly being revealed before a credulous populace who will welcome him with open arms and love him like their long awaited Messiah. Dare to criticise him and look out. Trump is still for me an enigma. At times he seems to be working for one side, at times, against that side. It has come to the point where I now seriously wonder of the confusion he emits on his varied stand on certain things is a deliberate ploy to create confusion. After all, I believe it is the US who will be the final mouthpiece who introduces the antichrist to the world, and is the false prophet that encourages the world to follow the AC by creating a union of church and state , an image of the first church/state union of medieval Europe, but now on a global scale. This is what I see taking place within the UN. And this is what I believe people ought to be focusing on. It is the UN, and the US, where the real action is taking place, and where end-time prophecy is being fulfilled. Not the Middle East and Israel.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reverse that statement. Almost everyone in the UN (barring the USA and possibly a couple of others) stands against Israel. Think about that for a moment.

Peace in the Levant will only be possible if Iran's mullahs and ayatollahs are totally decimated. They supply money, arms, military training and military support to Hamas and Hezbollah, and as long as billions of dollars flow into the hands of the Palestinian leadership, there will be no peace. And of course, Iran's leadership itself wants to decimate Israel, while impoverishing its own people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reverse that statement. Almost everyone in the UN (barring the USA and possibly a couple of others) stands against Israel. Think about that for a moment.
I remind you that it was the UN who voted to make Israel a state. Ask yourself what changed minds at the UN. Israel has not kept the terms set forth in that mandate.

Peace in the Levant will only be possible if Iran's mullahs and ayatollahs are totally decimated. They supply money, arms, military training and military support to Hamas and Hezbollah, and as long as billions of dollars flow into the hands of the Palestinian leadership, there will be no peace. And of course, Iran's leadership itself wants to decimate Israel, while impoverishing its own people.
You are oversimplifying here; and you sound as if you're ready to start WWIII.