Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to relive them.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoooCaw

Sep 20, 2012
George santayana is often misquoted. What he did say in his book Reason in Common Sense was:
"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it"

I have been in discussion with some sweet believers who only want to sit in a circle holding hands humming KumByAh and pretending there is no such thing as wolves out there disguised as sheep. "We only want to think uplifting thoughts and we should not let the past dictate to us."

That is why I have come here.....

InHisGrace07

Jul 4, 2012
Since the beginning of time, we have all observed or been taught how history has a way of repeating itself. A concept we have learned, either while in school or from life experiences, etc. It is a truth God has revealed to us many times throughout His word…proving time and time again to be an inevitable occurrence.

Why is this so? As you have mentioned-IGNORANCE

As God in scripture has declared,
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge…”
-Hosea 4:6

As Christians, we should carefully regard and understand, that, the knowledge of our history serves as a tool of admonishment (to counsel another against something to be avoided; caution). History is a lesson intended to be learned from. I believe this is God’s purpose with recorded history.

Paul here speaking,
“Now all these things happened to them (those of the Old Testament) as examples, and they were written for our admonition (a warning sign of caution), upon whom the ends of the ages have come. Therefore, let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.” -1 Corinthians 10:11-12

We are that generation-upon whom the ends of the ages have come! And we’d better pay attention-lest we fall!

This is why the Word of God in our daily lives is SO key! Because without it we are lost in our ignorance and subjected to fall into the SAME, REPEATED SNARES of the enemy, as those who walked before us. An enemy who counts our IGNORANCE as his VICTORY!

Through God’s word and revelation from His Spirit we learn that, God created each of us with a purpose, having a plan for our lives. However, beginning in the Garden of Eden, with Adam and Eve, we learn that Satan also, has a plan. A plan to distract us and hinder us from accomplishing the plan and purposes of God. His mission is to steal, kill, and destroy…A PLAN THAT IS STILL IN EFFECT TODAY!

Through careful study and observation of the bible, we learn that each story is a repeated pattern revealing God’s truth, regarding Jesus Christ and God’s plan of salvation. We also, see a reoccurring pattern with the lives of those living in obedience or disobedience to God, and what the consequences were. There is also, a reoccurring pattern of how the enemy attacks God’s creation time and time again…many times in the same old ways! That is why it is SO ESSENTIAL for us as God’s children to learn from His Word and heed His warnings. Because as 1 Corinthians 10:11 says, our biblical history IS AN EXAMPLE FOR US, IN OUR TIME!

That time is now for each of us!

As we continue to move forward in our present time, we also, can see many of these same patterns being repeated in our lives and world. Proving many today are no less stubborn, stiff-necked, and ignorant then the Israelites were in their rebellion to God. Showing how ignorant many continue to be regarding the Word of God and HOW MANY STILL perish due to continued ignorance.

OH, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY PLEASE SATAN MORE!

As for wolves in sheep's clothing, Jesus said, "You will know my people by their fruit. A good tree bears good fruit. A bad tree bears bad fruit.

A bad tree CANNOT bear good fruit.

Our example is Jesus Christ, He is our identity and the fruit we bear as Christians is the fruit of the Spirit. This is how we recognize a true sheep, not because he/she simply claims it.

Jesus also, said, My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
George santayana is often misquoted. What he did say in his book Reason in Common Sense was:
"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it"

I have been in discussion with some sweet believers who only want to sit in a circle holding hands humming KumByAh and pretending there is no such thing as wolves out there disguised as sheep. "We only want to think uplifting thoughts and we should not let the past dictate to us."

That is why I have come here.....

The great tribulation is about to hit the earth and no one is going anywhere until it is finished and Christ returns. That is of course not to mention the four billion plus people who will be killed by each other over a three and a half year period. no one wants to hear it or believe it no matter how many scriptures you quote to prove it. so just like in the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah it will over take them and those who were not worthy will soon be and those who thought they were worthy will be cast out. it's all coming around again. But this time greater than it has ever been.

Only faith in God will prevail.

Hope you came prayed up.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
The book of Revelation states clearly that in this time frame there is a fallen Church. The Papacy has already caused the fall of the Catholic Church a long time ago, just after Paul warned against this abomination of man. The Catholic Church claims as their authority the change of the Sabbath to the venerable day of the sun, or Sunday the first day of the week. Get this, they laugh at Christians for following them in this man made practice. Protestants say it is the proper day while many of their own major players recognize that the change has been made. How foolish is that? How can you who profess to follow Christ and His teachings, then recognize the change and do nothing about it. God begs for all who follow the doctrine of man to “Come out of her My people” and yet Protestants continue to teach law breaking and defend it to all who would think to challenge them on this apostasy. The Vatican holds many relics of paganism which were brought there at great expense. There are many pagan crosses of different designs, as no cross is Christian as Christians are to have no symbol of their being Christian. Just their actions are to speak for them. Their works for God are the only thing that is not prohibited by the Ten Commandments. The statue of Christ and His Mother is actually Tammuz and his mother with his father the sun god shinning down on them.
The fish symbol on the back of your car is the sign of Dagon the fish god; in fact the Triple Crown worn by the Pope is the crown of Dagon taken from a Dagon temple. All of this is part of the history of the fallen Church and to ignore it is to jeopardize your chance for salvation in the near future. None of the Christian holidays are actually Christian in origin as all come from paganism. Do not believe this? Put the origins of Christmas in your search engine and see for your self. Better yet put the twelve day of Christmas in your search engine, as that will cause you much distress upon reading the truth about where it came from.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High