Thread To Collect Interesting Words & Their Meanings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I collect interesting words.

I recently posted the word cathexis on another thread. It means the concentration of emotional energy on an object, person, idea, or goal. I sometimes meet people who are quite intense and some who are even manic. Many movies have plots that are developed around characters whose cathexes provide compelling viewing.

If you have an interesting word for this thread please proceed for all to read.:)

haruto

Nov 12, 2020
Freeport
Faith
Christian
Country
Albania
I have some favourite quotes and newspaper template here which i used during writing articles. Every article must be unique and interesting for readers. And the newspaper must have cool and attractive design for people. Templates usually have simple design which can be used by beginners.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I recently posted the word cathexis on another thread. It means the concentration of emotional energy on an object, person, idea, or goal. I sometimes meet people who are quite intense and some who are even manic. Many movies have plots that are developed around characters whose cathexes provide compelling viewing.
This sounds like obsessive.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catharsis: the process of releasing strong emotions.
After having denied the possibility of RUQ pain from possible cirrhosis or cancer since last February, I recently acknowledged the possibility of this to myself, and thus began the unpacking, or catharsis, of repressed emotions.
I feel much better now and a song came out of it. This process also triggered the memory of a near death experience I had 17 years ago where I stood face-to-face with Jesus.
Cool thread! BTW...this is the day! Lol
God Bless America! :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Catharsis: the process of releasing strong emotions.
After having denied the possibility of RUQ pain from possible cirrhosis or cancer since last February, I recently acknowledged the possibility of this to myself, and thus began the unpacking, or catharsis, of repressed emotions.
I feel much better now and a song came out of it. This process also triggered the memory of a near death experience I had 17 years ago where I stood face-to-face with Jesus.
Cool thread! BTW...this is the day! Lol
God Bless America! :)
Yes, a bit of traffic on this thread has me browsing, and now this quote is standing out:

Link: Catharsis - Wikipedia

Legal scholars have linked "catharsis" to "closure"[32] (an individual's desire for a firm answer to a question and an aversion toward ambiguity) and "satisfaction" which can be applied to affective strategies as diverse as retribution, on one hand, and forgiveness on the other.[33]

Reactions: MatthewG and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, a bit of traffic on this thread has me browsing, and now this quote is standing out:

Legal scholars have linked "catharsis" to "closure"[32] (an individual's desire for a firm answer to a question and an aversion toward ambiguity) and "satisfaction" which can be applied to affective strategies as diverse as retribution, on one hand, and forgiveness on the other.[33]
Put the two together, and it describes a healing the Lord has just done in me. Once again, I'm standing back, a little awed, and a little afraid. I recall that He's my Abba.

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There can be many such words. When I was in college, I used BestEssay study help. THESE guys can release a whole conveyor belt of such words. I did not know such pearls before. Therefore, you need to expand your circle of communication and then new interesting words will appear

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would simplify being a Big Picture difference between:
HOPE of Salvation;
AND
ASSURANCE Of Salvation.

HOPE…is Belief IN Jesus.
HOPE…is a man Hoping BY his own POWER he can continue Believing IN Jesus.

ASSURANCE …is Belief IN Christ Jesus.
ASSURANCE …Is True Heartful Confessed Belief IN Christ Jesus….AND that Belief KEPT by the POWER of God.

Glory to God,
Taken