Three Days?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are horrible translations, not even proper English. You say ‘during’ but the verses don’t even have that.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For those of you who are confused about when Jesus died, it's okay to be uncertain, dont beat yourselves up since the best scholars have also had disputes about it as well.
We have to ask ourselves, if the Lord's Day, the first day of the week, wasn't the day He rose from the dead, why did He first appear to many on that Day?
"Now when Jesus was risen early the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast out seven devils." Mark 16:9 KJV

You say this because it is your personal feelings, more, your secret safety crypt under your church. Fact is Jesus several times spoke of "the third day" He would RISE on, giving us Biblical reason why not to be <confused> or "TROUBLED" and plan false "thoughts" to escape THE HOLY SPIRIT proof-of-SCRIPTURE that Jesus is GOD, LORD and SAVIOUR. Jesus gave SCRIPTURE to CONVINCE and expel doubts about that HE was the Messiah in all the Promises of GOD, "according to the SCRIPTURES" (Paul). As Jesus Himself said in Luke 24:38 to 44-46. Therefore in 39, "Then Jesus said to them, Behold my hands and my feet, THAT IT IS I Myself, handle Me and SEE .. and He SHOWED them : HIS HANDS AND FEET" proving specifically "the SCRIPTURES CONCERNING THE CHRIST .. how all must be fulfilled that was WRITTEN" : specifically like his hands and feet and side .. and specifically "the third day" of the Passover of Yahweh, specifically, "WRITTEN" about "in ALL the Law and Prophets and Psalms -- not only in the prophet Jonah!

We not at all have to ask ourselves if the Lord's Day is the First Day of the week, BECAUSE IT NEVER WAS WRITTEN. But we are TOLD throughout SCRIPTURE the day He rose from the dead would be "the third day" of the Passover of Yahweh. Which was what enabled the Lord Jesus to "on the First Day of the week appear risen to Mary Magdalene, first". (He appeared to no one else on that day.)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He confirmed that His resurrection happened on that Sunday morning with eye-witnesses within minutes.
Another joke?
In Luke 24:1,2, "After-midnight-deepest morning" - 'orthrou batheohs' the angels conversed with the several women who entered the tomb and found Jesus' body was there no longer.
Nevertheless, you, talk about <<His resurrection (which) happened on that Sunday morning with eye-witnesses within minutes>> implying clear enough daylight when Jesus' body was still there and He rose to life.
Must I believe you and your church and the pope, or must I believe God in his Word? Three against one... ?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There's no need to account for three full days. A preponderance of New
Testament scripture attests that Jesus' crucified dead body was restored to
life during the third day rather than the end of day.

Correct. "Late on // in the end of the Sabbath being in the mid-afternoon daylight inclining towards the First Day of the week." [Opse de Sabbatohn tehi epiphohskousehi eis Mian sabbatohn]

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another joke?
In Luke 24:1,2, "After-midnight-deepest morning" - 'orthrou batheohs' the angels conversed with the several women who entered the tomb and found Jesus' body was there no longer.
Nevertheless, you, talk about <<His resurrection (which) happened on that Sunday morning with eye-witnesses within minutes>> implying clear enough daylight when Jesus' body was still there and He rose to life.
Must I believe you and your church and the pope, or must I believe God in his Word? Three against one... ?
Maybe we should all deny history backed by tens of thousands of Christian theology scholars, drop everything, discard the Lord's Day, start worshipping on the Sabbath and adopt Gerhard the Plumber's dissertation?
Happy Easter Saturday Gerhard - LOL

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Searching the New Testament for three full days and three full nights is akin
to a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.
_

Searching the New Testament for three partial days and three partial nights is akin
to a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there ...
I have 4 pets. None of them are partial.

It seems to me that there is a default meaning of words, that if you want to deviate from that standard meaning, it is the obligation of the author to use adjectives. That is, adjectives are not reserved for the purposes of redundant defining of the noun. Some examples: round ball, wet water, soft cushion, flat surface, etc.

The obvious reason to suppose the opposite, that the burden is on using an adjective to confirm the denoted meaning of a word is that person has an agenda. What do you suppose our Lord meant, her sins are fully or partially forgiven?

Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
Luke 7:48

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Maybe we should all deny history backed by tens of thousands of Christian theology scholars, drop everything, discard the Lord's Day, start worshipping on the Sabbath and adopt Gerhard the Plumber's dissertation?

Thanks for your most encouraging post. God knows I am thankful and happy for receiving yet I not very much longer am going to be able to. His blessings and goodness as through your post is my reward I not only expect but He promised me for sure and certain.

Post Script:
The blessing is not the cursed <<Happy Easter Saturday>> nor Sunday nor Friday, but your wishes posted above.

LIVE GOD!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are horrible translations, not even proper English. You say ‘during’ but
the verses don’t even have that.
Would you mind if I ask a personal question?

Are you perchance on the spectrum?

The reason I ask is because it's been my experience in twenty-four years
active on internet forums that autistic folk are somewhat rigid, and reluctant
to accept explanations unless the explanations are composed in their own
choice of words.

Now, I don't fault them for that; I mean, after all, that rigidity is what makes
certain autistic folk so well suited to writing software code. Two of my
neighborhood's boys are autistic. They were wiz-bangs at video games but
their communication skills required special attention.
_

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The history of Christian theology and its thousands of Christian scholars is of all human history most pathetic. Of all the thousands maybe one thousand were worthy Christians. But of all the Achilles heal has been that they all, also have been bitten at the heal by that old devil serpent Antichrist Beast of Roman Catholicism, and never recovered fully of its most poisonous venom, Sunday sacredness.
Therefore SURELY should we all not deny but defy history backed by the great foe of God, humanism and Catholic churchism, that since the coming of the Saviour to his own, kept the mind and heart AND EVERYDAY LIFE of True Believers captive and with envy and slander to this very day murdered the character of countless slaves of King Jesus.

The Christian is that one who is OBLIGED by the Lord Jesus to stand in the breach and re-build TRUTH under volleys of brimstone raining around him, and start worshipping God "according to the Scriptures" ON THE DAY WHEN, TRULY, "Christ the third day rose", which was "on the Sabbath .. the third day" of the Passover of Yahweh. "Preach the everlasting Gospel .. saying, fear God and WORSHIP Him Who created" and "made the Sabbath for man", <worshiping>> God "according to", "ALL SCRIPTURE", from Genesis when "God rested the Seventh Day", to Revelation when John "was in the Spirit" -- in the Spirit of THAT VERY GOD Who on that very "DAY the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD : RESTED" -- rested for "JESUS", who "gave them Rest" -- gave them, "the People of God", "Rest" -- "the Rest of God" -- Himself, that "THEREFORE Sabbath's Feast of Christ The Essence .. remains valid for the People of God".

Drop everything! Discard Antichrist's Easter Sunday, and start worshipping on the Sabbath, OBEYING THE COMMANDMENT, EXAMPLE, AND RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST FROM THE DEAD!

LIVE GOD'S WORD!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please, understand that there was turmoil G:4578, among the Guard at the tomb. While the curtain in the Temple was torn from top to bottom because the earth did quake G:4579, and the rocks dis split and the graves were opened. However what the Centurion saw the turmoil and the things that they saw happened, i.e. the earthquake that they felt, they were very fearful and said, "Truly this was the Son of God."

Now you're talking Scene: Crucifixion.
Then you were talking Scene: Resurrection.
As concerns the guard; At the cross it was morning and mid-day shift guard for Thursday who in <turmoil>, "heart-beating", at the "EARTHQUAKE", "RAN" and "WENT HOME", i.e., left the Scene / "Spectacle" of Crucifixion, "ALTOGETHR". Note that the quotation marks mark SCRIPTURE quoted!

As concerns the guard; At the Resurrection it was morning and mid-day shift guard "on the Sabbath", viz., arranged in Matthew 27 from verse 62 for 'Saturday' ROMAN DAY (which would end midnight 'Saturday night'), who AT THE "EARTHQUAKE MID-AFTERNOON FELL DOWN UNCONSCIOUS IN STUPOR LIKE DEAD", who, when they had recovered some time before sunset, must have consulted some other place away from the tomb, before they the Sunday morning "entered the city" and headed straight for the high priest's home. Note that the quotation marks mark SCRIPTURE quoted!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I believe that you are doing seismologists and myself a great disservice, as they would agree with me that you cannot have an earthquake in the water, so the translators said that their was a great tempest in the winds, but the Disciples were not afraid of the winds blowing but they were afraid of the turmoil of the waves coming at the boat from every direction such that the waves were crashing over the boat and filling it with water such that it was in danger of sinking.

Now in Rev. 16:17-21, the Greek word "σεισμὸς" is used to found twice in this passage and translated as "earthquake" which must have lasted at least 40 or so years as these earthquakes heralded both the recognition before God of Babylon once again by the world in 1926 as well as the dividing of Jerusalem into three partitions which were to be controlled by Britain, Jordan and the UN, in 1948 because of the turmoil, i.e. world wars, one and two, and a number of other conflicts. The translation of "σεισμὸς" does not make logical sense if it is translated as "earthquake," but more sense if it is translated as "turmoil."

The historical evidence does not support the use of earthquakes for the Greek word, "σεισμὸς."

Read.
Scored: Don't even save.
[but saved anyway as example of self-evaluation]

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind if I ask a personal question?

Are you perchance on the spectrum?

The reason I ask is because it's been my experience in twenty-four years
active on internet forums that autistic folk are somewhat rigid, and reluctant
to accept explanations unless the explanations are composed in their own
words

Ad Homenim. Words have meaning, objective meaning. One does not have to have some kind of malady to know that.

The double standard is to suppose if the sentence does not contain 'full' it is not a full day but although the sentence does not contain the word 'partial' we ought to take it as though partial is what is meant - so manmade doctrine can be affirmed.

When my wife tells me she bought a gallon of milk, we don't get into a big argument over whether she bought a full or partial gallon. A gallon means a full gallon. Sins being forgiven mean fully forgiven. Three days mean full days. Again, only someone with an agenda would take these words to mean anything but.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ad Homenim.

I meant you no harm. No.211 is an honest attempt to understand what
makes you so difficult.

Words have meaning, objective meaning
Some words are ambiguous, and others can be represented by synonyms;
which in the autistic mind can be very confusing as well as frustrating.

I know that's true not only from years of experience with those two boys I
mentioned, but also from internet forums and from reading about Ms.
Temple Grandin's life story in her book "Thinking In Pictures"

One does not have to have some kind of malady to know that.
I do not believe it's fair to label autism a malady. It's a handicap, to be sure,
but not a malady.

For quite a few years people treated Ms. Grandin as if she were a lame
brain, but though she's different, Temple isn't any less a person. Her IQ
easily excels many of her critics, and she went on to become a qualified
university professor.

It's ironic, and somewhat humorous, that while many us were baffled by
autistic people's way of thinking, they were baffled by ours. Temple has
been extremely helpful in bridging the divide between the two.

A gallon means a full gallon.
In many instances, "gallon" can refer to a container's size as well as the
quantity of its contents.

As a parallel example: in Luke 24:13-23, some men told Jesus about the
women who went to his grave and found it empty. The men said that day
was the third day; yet when the women went there, the day was very
young. And in point of fact, that same day wasn't over yet.

Luke 24:28-29 . . As they approached the village to which they were going,
Jesus acted as if he were going farther. But they urged him strongly: Stay
with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.

So it's easily deduced that "day" is ambiguous, viz: the word can indicate a
whole day, or any hour between sunrise and sunset; i.e. either morning or
afternoon.
_

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They ordered to have all three who were crucified to speed up the process by having their legs broken, but they found Jesus already dead at 3PM. So Joseph had a few hours to seal the deal. Evening (Sabbath) was approaching.
Sunset today in Jerusalem is at 6:57 PM. So Joseph had 4 hours to bury Him.

Lies lies lies ‘Christian lies’, blaspheming bigots’ LIES!

<<they found Jesus already dead at 3PM.>>
Who were <they>?
NOT the guard at the Crucifixion!
But the soldiers whom Pilate sent to find out if Jesus was already dead and then to remove the crosses. Mark 15:44,45 John 19:31-37;

.. which the soldiers were then sent to do just after “JOSEPH (..That NIGHT..) came there when it already was evening and asked Pilate ” Luke 23:50 John 19:39 Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:38.

Joseph had not even STARTED to ENTOMB Him; he first had to “prepare the body .. as the Law-Custom of the Jews – the Torah – is to BURY”.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Mark 15:42
CJB
Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before a Shabbat), as evening approached,
ESV
And when evening had come, since it was the day of Preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,
KJV
And now when the evening was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
NASB
When evening had already come, since it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath,
NIV
It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached,
NKJV
Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath.
Reformation Bible Commentary
Mark 15:42 > day of Preparation. The day before the Sabbath (Friday; John 19:14 note). Food was prepared before sunset, when the Sabbath began. Joseph would have to buy the linen, make arrangements for Jesus’ burial, and ready the tomb (vv. 43–46) in the three hours remaining between Jesus’ death and sunset.

Re:- <<Mark 15:42 CJB Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before a Shabbat), as evening approached,

Comment:- 20th century weaklings' FRAUD in servitude to Sunday.

Re:- <<ESV And when evening had come, since it was the day of Preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,

Comment:- God be honoured for men's true grid.

Re:- <<KJV And now when the evening was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

Comment:- The standard for all

Re:- <<NASB When evening had already come, since it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath,>>

Comment:-
Correct.

Re:- <<NIV It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached,

Re:- <<NKJV Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath.>>

Comment:- Correct here, but no comment on what isn't here.

Re:- <<Reformation Bible Commentary Mark 15:42 > day of Preparation. The day before the Sabbath (Friday; John 19:14 note). Food was prepared before sunset, when the Sabbath began. Joseph would have to buy the linen, make arrangements for Jesus’ burial, and ready the tomb (vv. 43–46) in the three hours remaining between Jesus’ death and sunset.>>

Comment:- Fraud by confused 20th century criminal minds.

You use false witnesses and abuse faithful witnesses.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re:- <<Mark 15:42 CJB Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before a Shabbat), as evening approached,

Re:- <<ESV And when evening had come, since it was the day of Preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,

Comment:- God be honoured for men's true grid.

Re:- <<KJV And now when the evening was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

Comment:- The standard for all

Re:- <<NASB When evening had already come, since it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath,>>

Comment:-
Correct.

Re:- <<NIV It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached,

Re:- <<NKJV Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath.>>

Comment:- Correct here, but no comment on what isn't here.

Re:- <<Reformation Bible Commentary Mark 15:42 > day of Preparation. The day before the Sabbath (Friday; John 19:14 note). Food was prepared before sunset, when the Sabbath began. Joseph would have to buy the linen, make arrangements for Jesus’ burial, and ready the tomb (vv. 43–46) in the three hours remaining between Jesus’ death and sunset.>>

Comment:- Fraud by confused 20th century criminal minds.

You use false witnesses and abuse faithful witnesses.
Judge not lest you be judged. Your theology is flawed. Frustration has turned to a mean spirited battle against practically the entire Body of Christ. If you are part of that Body, it is as if you are taking a hammer and smashing every finger, toe and limb to get us all in order, with anger, shouting, flailing insults ... just plain bad theology, with zero discernment and no fruit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler