Three Days?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The sign that Jesus gave when asked was the sign of Jonah and indicated that he would be in the grave for three days, irrespective of our "Christian" traditions and or understandings.

The sign that Jesus gave when asked was the sign of "Jonah the PROPHET". Who is 'Jonah'? Your friend? Where's he from?
You stare yourself blind against one 'Minor Prophet', and blur out vision of the major prophet Moses, who said Jesus would come as one just like him. You just sweep from the Divine Record the "three days thick darkness" of Jesus, "Christ our PASSOVER".

Then instead of attributing to Jesus as Lamb of God the BIBLE TRUTH of "Moses AND", as Jesus said, "ALL SCRIPTURE", "AND, ALL, THE PROPHETS", you reduce them all to <<one sign of Jonah>>.
WHY?
Because it says just little enough for you to make up your OWN improvements on the same prophet Jonah, for example, that he said that <<he (Jesus) would be in the grave for three days>>, BOTH LIES OF YOUR OWN.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please note that I did not enter this thread until my #174 post in this thread. In that post I made no reference to the length of time that Christ was in the Tomb, nor to the day that Christ was crucified. Any interaction with you was about whether or not "seismos" should be translated as "Turmoil" or as "earthquake." At no other time have I attempted to discuss anything else in my posts in this thread.

It would seem to me that you have lost your way in your interactions with people in this particular thread, just like you have in your understanding of the scriptures on Christ's crucifixion. The sign that Jesus gave when asked was the sign of Jonah and indicated that he would be in the grave for three days, irrespective of our "Christian" traditions and or understandings.

Since you have become lost as to who you have been talking with in this thread and the subject matters with respect to your discussion with others in this thread, may I humbly suggest that your with draw from your discussions in this thread, until you have straightened out your mind such that people can have an intelligent conversation with you.

Invitation turned down, with compliments et al.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Roman Catholic Church has its flaws and so do we all. Much pain and suffering in history has come in the name of Christ: hate, murder, a complete misrepresentation of God. We are sinners and though we may believe in God, we walk in the flesh sometimes ... maybe most of the time? The RCC carried the gospel for a long time, centuries and still does. They put their faith in Jesus, are Christians but carry with them some false practices. It does not invalidate their faith. Enough was enough, so God sent Martin Luther to correct some things, not to condemn the church. This is very much like the letters to the Seven Churches. Two churches were faithful and the rest were scolded and needed to repent.
2.5 billion Christians, the majority of whom believe that Christ died on Friday for our sins and rose on Sunday will be saved. Even those who are confused and err about this and many other doctrines, as long as they put their faith in Jesus, believe in him, will be saved.
It is fine that you worship on the Sabbath. Frankly I worship the Lord everyday. But whatever your day of rest, the point is, to set one day aside for God and pray, read His Word and meditate on it.
Don't hate people who love the Lord
just because you think they err in some way or another.

I have read hundreds of apologies like this. Wasted my time. But I am forgiven all sins.

Now just know you can't tell me what's fine and what's not, okie.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read hundreds of apologies like this. Wasted my time. But I am forgiven all sins.

Now just know you can't tell me what's fine and what's not, okie.
It is not okay to hate Christians.
Where does it say "thou shalt hate your neighbor if He goes to church on Sunday?"
Why don't you try approach a RC Nun or Priest and ask them about how their faith, how they live, the sacrifices they've made, their service and see if you can still hate them. I suppose you think Mother Teresa worshipped Baal and was an evil doer???

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sign that Jesus gave when asked was the sign of "Jonah the PROPHET". Who is 'Jonah'? Your friend? Where's he from?
You stare yourself blind against one 'Minor Prophet', and blur out vision of the major prophet Moses, who said Jesus would come as one just like him. You just sweep from the Divine Record the "three days thick darkness" of Jesus, "Christ our PASSOVER".

Then instead of attributing to Jesus as Lamb of God the BIBLE TRUTH of "Moses AND", as Jesus said, "ALL SCRIPTURE", "AND, ALL, THE PROPHETS", you reduce them all to <<one sign of the Prophet Jonah>>.
WHY?
Because it says just little enough for you to make up your OWN improvements on the same prophet Jonah, for example, that he said that <<he (Jesus) would be in the grave for three days>>, BOTH LIES OF YOUR OWN.

When you are able to have a coherent conversation with others, please come back and re-enter this conversation, but until then, you are going to be ignored.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Invitation turned down, with compliments et al.

If all you want to do is talk at people, then be my guest, but you are on ignore until you can have an intelligent conversation with others.

Good Day Sir.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just having this discussion earlier today. How could have Jesus rose again three days later when He supposedly died on Friday and rose again Sunday morning? I also hear speculation that it was also after 3 pm but I'm not sure where people have gotten that part since it's not in the Bible. I also heard that it was part of Jewish tradition that a soul stayed with a body until the third day so I get the significance of why Jesus would choose to rise again three days later,.. but I don't really think that it was three days though. :confused: (Not like it's that important of when He rose just the fact that He did, but with Easter right around the corner this thought came up in my mind.)
I recall something pertaining to the Jews counting of timing of the days. Sunset to sunset? Is that then what might account for a three day period of time in the tomb? Granted I haven't read all pages of replies here. If someone has mentioned this already please forgive me.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
GerhardEbersoehn said:
Sunday never has been the Lord's Day, but all the ages has been the Beast's mark of religious tyranny, suppression, persecution, and homicide.
Sunday has always been the reason for mutilation, corruption, and ABUSE AND RAPE of Holy Scripture -- nothing comes near its history in wickedness and ungodliness.
The Lord's Day, Sunday, the day He rose from the dead is a day of love, the greatest day of love in history. But you hate it. Satan hates it too.

Too much of a coward to call me Satan straight? Please don't be.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much of a coward to call me Satan straight? Please don't be.
No, you are not Satan, I just think you are on the same page when it comes to hating Christians, hating Sunday worship (our Lords Day), hating our belief that He rose from the dead on the First day of the week.
We have all been tempted and used by Satan in one way or another, many times and have fallen for his schemes, as he lures us towards something evil and we cooperate. Jesus says love one another , Satan says hate one another. Choose.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just having this discussion earlier today. How could have Jesus rose again three days later when He supposedly died on Friday and rose again Sunday morning? I also hear speculation that it was also after 3 pm but I'm not sure where people have gotten that part since it's not in the Bible. I also heard that it was part of Jewish tradition that a soul stayed with a body until the third day so I get the significance of why Jesus would choose to rise again three days later,.. but I don't really think that it was three days though. :confused: (Not like it's that important of when He rose just the fact that He did, but with Easter right around the corner this thought came up in my mind.)
Hi April,
This question used to bother me too. So I investigated it and it was one of my first videos. Since our first videos aren't that good, I decided to remake it. Here is a link. Let me know what you think.

Jesus crucified Wednesday (repost)

Reactions: April_Rose

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I recall something pertaining to the Jews counting of timing of the days. Sunset to sunset? Is that then what might account for a three day period of time in the tomb? Granted I haven't read all pages of replies here. If someone has mentioned this already please forgive me.

You have in fact read here, in this thread, that virtually everybody's <<replies .. mention> <<a three day period of time in the tomb>>. Nobody read that in the Bible though! Jesus never was and never said He was <<a three day period of time in the tomb>>. "Three days in the HEART of the earth", yes, which is something else altogether.
But you have it perfectly right, that <<counting of timing of the days>> is <<Sunset to sunset>> in the Bible.
The irony about this is that everybody here say they do believe it. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO APPLYING this <accounting> in Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 19:31,38,39, they all have a lot to say about it EXCEPT BELIEVE it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi April,
This question used to bother me too. So I investigated it and it was one of my first videos. Since our first videos aren't that good, I decided to remake it. Here is a link. Let me know what you think.

Jesus crucified Wednesday (repost)

That makes total sense actually but in the end who really knows for sure. He died for our sins and rose again and that's all we really need to know. :) (How do you know Joseph buried Him though?)

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes total sense actually but in the end who really knows for sure. He died for our sins and rose again and that's all we really need to know. :) (How do you know Joseph buried Him though?)
Luke 23:50-56

I hear what you are saying. Nonetheless, when we make the attempt to piece it all together, we grow in confidence that the scriptures are an accurate record of the events and remains true.

Reactions: April_Rose

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are correct. Jewish reckoning of the day from sunset to sunset. Also, The Jews have more than one Sabbath Day. For instance, the Sabbath day not only occurs once every seventh day at the end of the week, it occurs the first day and the last day of The Feast of Unleavened Bread. In other words, during Passover Week, there are two sabbath days that week.

One more thing, with regard to time, there are twelve hours in the day in Jesus' time. John 11:9 The night was divided into four watches. Matthew 14:25 Jesus hinted that he would return on the second or third watch. Luke 12:38

I have no real point. Just thought you might find it interesting. (smile)