Three Earth Ages!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(tomwebster;68581)
Job 40:6 Then answered the LORD not a secular scientists, but THE LORD. unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Job 40:7 Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. Job 40:8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? Job 40:9 Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him? Job 40:10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty. Job 40:11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him. Job 40:12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place. Job 40:13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret. Job 40:14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee. Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth,do you think this is a hippopotamus? Look at the disciption God gives of this animal, does a hippo have a tail like a cedar? which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Job 40:16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. Job 40:17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. Job 40:18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. Job 40:19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Job 40:20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. Job 40:21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. Job 40:22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. Job 40:24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares. How about the mammoths that have been found deep under the ice and snow in northern North America and northern Eurasia with the best preserved in Siberia. Some of them these are full carcasses found with buttercups still in their mouths, and radiocarbon dating determined to be about 40,000 years old. But I am not going to try to open your eyes, I can't. We will talk about it more in the millennium.
Those passages are talking about the Leviathan who co-existed with man on the earth. They are not talking about beasts that ruled the earth millions of years before man.
rolleyes.gif
Those are the fairy tales of scientists who pretend they know better than God does. But all they do is look foolish every time they change their minds again.
rolleyes.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Carico;68582)
Those passages are talking about the Leviathan who co-existed with man on the earth. They are not talking about beasts that ruled the earth millions of years before man.
rolleyes.gif
Those are the fairy tales of scientists who pretend they know better than God does. But all they do is look foolish every time they change their minds again.
rolleyes.gif

Behemoth and Leviathan are not the same, check out the Hebrew. But I guess we will need to agree to dissagree for now. See ya later.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I suggest this is a Bible study site and that in the deeper study forum especially your opinions mean nothing I would expect you to be mature enough and want to learn the deeper meat of your fathers Word more than a bunch of opinions if that's not the case you have the rest of the board No one asks you believe everything in here so your opinion that you do or dont mean zip but you are however asked to show some respect to those who want to investigate these things further we are not studying opinions if You have scripture to back you up or disprove it present it otherwise keep your opinions to yourself they are just opinions everybody has one.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(Christina;68638)
I suggest this is a Bible study site and that in the deeper study forum especially your opinions mean nothing I would expect you to be mature enough and want to learn the deeper meat of your fathers Word more than a bunch of opinions if that's not the case you have the rest of the board No one ask you believe everything in here so your opinion that you dont means zip but you are asked to show some respect to those who want to investigate these things further we are not studying opinions You got scripture to back you up or disprove it present it otherwise keep your opinions to yourself they are just opinions everybody has one.
Your hostility is perplexing, especially since Jesus tells us we have one teacher and that is the Christ. So I only learn My Father's Word by reading and believing it, not listening to the imaginations of people who love to go beyond scripture, then claim it's God's Word. I have not done that nor do I intend to any more than I care to listen to those who do go beyond scripture.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
Hm...I guess my last post suddenly disappeared. It appears that part of the rules here is that only some people can express their opinions and others can't. So I'll try again. Jesus tells us in Matthew 23:10 that we have only one teacher and that is the Christ. I'm sure HIS words should be allowed here. If this post disappears as well, then I'll know that His words aren't welcomed here.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats it "Lo I come in the book" not in your opinions I told you if you want to bring scripture to debate this topic please do so ... general opinions and unrelated posts are not what this forum is for Those are the rules follow them or your posts will be deleted as the rules lay out ...

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(Christina;68674)
Thats it "Lo I come in the book" not in your opinions I told you if you want to bring scripture to debate this topic please do so ... general opinions and unrelated posts are not what this forum is for Those are the rules follow them or your posts will be deleted as the rules lay out ...
I always bring scripture into my posts and have always done so. So I repeat what I said. There is zero scripture saying that dinosaurs once ruled the earth millions of years before men. The Leviathan is a creature that co-existed with man which is scriptural. So there is no point in going beyond scripture to adopt the beliefs of the secular world and add that dinosaurs once ruled the earth millions of years before man. God says not to go beyond scripture.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We arent going beyond scripture we are including all scripture not understood the fact you dont understand it means nothing you have again offered up only an opinon based on a milk understanding fine thats your opinion we have nothing else to discuss.Jeremiah 4:27 - For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.II Peter 3:6 - Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:Genesis 1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.II Peter 3:7 - But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.I believe scripture says differnt as do many others again Your opinion doesnt mean anything here this forum is to futher explore these scriptures more in the depth through origial languages ect.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(Christina;68681)
We arent going beyond scripture we are including all scripture not understood the fact you dont understand it means nothing you have again offered up only an opinon based on a milk understanding fine thats your opinion we have nothing else to discuss.Jeremiah 4:27 - For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.II Peter 3:6 - Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:Genesis 1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.II Peter 3:7 - But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.I believe scripture says differnt as do many others again Your opinion doesnt mean anything here this forum is to futher explore these scriptures more in the depth through origial languages ect.
Jeremiah is talking about the desolation of Israel before the remnant returns. Mark Twain called Jerusalem a wasteland until the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.By claiming that secular scientists who are ruled by Satan are correct, you are also contradicting Genesis by claiming:1) "A day is like a million years."2) That each day of creation was more than a million years.And 2 Peter 3:6 says; "By these waters, also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed." That was clearly referring to the flood as the notes in the NIV aalso confirm. And most importantly, you are disagreeing with Jesus by claiming that the wisdom of the world is NOT foolish, but is instead as infallible as God's wisdom. You are trying to change the bible to fit the beliefs of scientists and in doing so, have distorted the passages you quoted.So when reading the bible, the ONE thing to remember, is that scripture must always agree with other scripture. And God hides his truths from those who claim to be wise and learned. AND NOBODY IS CONSIDERED MORE WISE AND LEARNED BY THE WORLD THAN SECULAR SCIENTISTS. so worldly scientists will NEVER agree with the biblical account of creation. Never. That's why they make up their own stories instead. Once you understand that, you will not distort the bible the way you have been doing. So you need to read my thread on "Wordly beliefs" to see that you can't try to make God agree with Satan who rules the world or you'll end up contradicting and distorting the bible until it's unrecognizable.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By claiming that secular scientists who are ruled by Satan are correct, you are also contradicting Genesis by claiming:1) "A day is like a million years."2) That each day of creation was more than a million years.
Where has Christina claimed this!?(Point is, she hasn't.)
And 2 Peter 3:6 says; "By these waters, also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed." That was clearly referring to the flood as the notes in the NIV aalso confirm.
Check the Greek. It's kosmos which has a very important meaning when it's used to distinguish from just the Earth as a planet.II Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Oh, and by the way, you just proved what I said above. First you accuse Chris of saying that days in Genesis equates to millions of years yet then you argue her mentioning of II Peter 3:8...which is it? (Do you even read what you post?)
So when reading the bible, the ONE thing to remember, is that scripture must always agree with other scripture. And God hides his truths from those who claim to be wise and learned. AND NOBODY IS CONSIDERED MORE WISE AND LEARNED BY THE WORLD THAN SECULAR SCIENTISTS. so worldly scientists will NEVER agree with the biblical account of creation. Never. That's why they make up their own stories instead. Once you understand that, you will not distort the bible the way you have been doing. So you need to read my thread on "Wordly beliefs" to see that you can't try to make God agree with Satan who rules the world or you'll end up contradicting and distorting the bible until it's unrecognizable.
Scripture indeed agrees with Scripture to confirm the katabole which affirms the three earth ages. If that doesn't line up with your opinion on matters, I can't change things, but I myself will not apologize for teaching the truth.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
Scripture indeed agrees with Scripture to confirm the katabole which affirms the three earth ages. If that doesn't line up with your opinion on matters, I can't change things, but I myself will not apologize for teaching the truth.
Where does scripture say "There are 3 earth ages"? Which verse? Then tell us how old each scripture says that each "earth age" is. But scripture doesn't say there are 3 "earth ages". I already pointed out the verses that Christian quoted weren't talking about different earth's at all.
rolleyes.gif
But that's what happens when you quibble about words which Paul tells us not to do. You mix up the universe with the earth. Then make up your own stories about what the word "earth" means because you don't know.
rolleyes.gif
Claiming that there was an earth before the present earth is claiming that there were millions of years between the 2nd and 3rd day of creation when God created land out of the waters. That's saying that "a day is like a million years." What false teachers who make up their own theories don't realize is that God established the length of day and night by when the sun rises and sets. That's why the 6 day creation is no more than 6 days, not 6000 years or 600,000 years or 6000,0000 years.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does scripture say "There are 3 earth ages"? Which verse? Then tell us how old each scripture says that each "earth age" is. But scripture doesn't say there are 3 "earth ages". I already pointed out the verses that Christian quoted weren't talking about different earth's at all.
Thanks for not answering my question and running off on a tangent as usual.

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
All I want to know is why are people still trying to make God's Word fit in with man's philosophy of evolution. People don't realize that evolution is absolutely warrantless and unfounded. It is absolute garbage, and is not scientific at all, nor does it even attempt to follow scientific method! The time frame (if you know how to add) if you take the Bible literally is 4,000 - 10,000 years. Evolution needs billions and billions of years to work because there's no proof of those things ever taking place, and the chances of such events happening are so great that if the earth is young it proves evolution to be absolutely unfounded and impossible.:naughty:So why are we trying to fit evolutionary philosophy into God's Word. The truth is --it DOES NOT FIT AT ALL! And why should it?! Lies and truth do not mix.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well you are wrong about the point of the three world ages supporting evolution that is in fact NOT THE CASE .. we cant throw out all the sciences just to deny evolution a big mistake christains make thinking it has to be one or the other ... Thats is failure to understand the scripturesGods Word does most definatly support a first earth age in fact its the very reason we are here in the flesh ...However you are correct that Evolution is a crook ...We were created period... But if you understand 2 Peter 3:5-7 correctly it says the first earth age ended... (the world became void) thus ruling out a continuos period of time needed for evolution to be possiableWhen 2 Peter is understood correctly it not only confirms 3 world ages But absoluty rules out Evolution........ No contiuous time period......This world age (and life on it)is only thousands of years old ...however the earth is millions or billions of years old

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
No. If you add up the lives the correct way from Adam to Noah, (btw 2 Peter 3:7, if not taken out of context, is absolutely speaking of Noah's flood!), and from Noah on there is no room for billions of years.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Perhaps I can show you better in an older version which is closer to the manuscripts 5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; This was a hidden thing that is now being revealed Noahs flood was never hidden it has always been known to man futher more it had nothing to do with the heavens (kosmos,Cosmos) 6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. The earth and th heavens never perished in Noahs flood only life 7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.] This age the earth and the heavens that are Now will be destroyed by fire that is wrttenand these are not the only verse as many posts in this thread point out...

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
Forgive me, but how does this prove a theory for an old earth?Here is an excerpt from http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/earthage.html:Creation or Evolution: It's about time. Up until the 17 and 18 hundreds most everybody believed that the earth was young. A mere 6 thousand years or so.No where in the Bible does God tell us the exact year of Creation. But by simply studying the scriptures we can certainly get an idea of when this took place.Creationists believe the earth is youngIn the 1650's a well known bishop named James Ussher studied the genealogies in the old testament. By doing so he calculated that the earth was created in 4004 B.C. ("Get a grip on evolution" by David Burnie)Now I don't think you can get it down to the exact year like Ussher's 4004 B.C. date, but we can look at Genesis and get a general idea of when God made the universe.I believe we can also study some natural processes that agree that the earth is not millions or billions of years old.Evolutionists believe the earth is old Evolutionists claim that the Earth and the solar system is about 4.55 billion years old (plus or minus about 1%). They believe this amount of time is necessary for all the life forms on earth to evolve.Why don't we hear of people challenging these dates? It is a rare thing for someone to publicly dispute the alleged "millions of years" age of the earth. When someone does they are often attacked or accused of being ignorant.I believe we can use critical thinking skills to rule out a millions or billions of years date for the earth.The present is not the key to the pastWe can not look at current rates of rock formation, erosion, etc to determine the age of the earth because there may have been factors in the past that are not happening in the present. In fact the Bible tells us just that. A flood covered the entire earth (read my commentary on Genesis 6) this would alter, shift and mix up the entire face of the earth. This flood also altered the rate of sediments laid down, the formation of sedimentary rock and also the rate of erosion.Something that may take many years to form today (the Grand Canyon for instance) could have formed quite quickly during the flood.The Bible even predicted that in the "last days" there would be those who scoff at the bible, and claim that "all things continue as they were from the beginning" (II Peter 3:3). This seems to say that there would be a predominance of uniformitarianism thinking. Mountains form slowly today, so they assume that they must have formed slowly in the past. The Creation model tells us that mountains formed quickly as the result of the flood.Everything we know of Science (entropy etc..) tells us that even if the world was millions or even billions of years old, evolution would still be impossible (the chapter on mutations will explain this).In the popular press we are led to believe that the antiquity of the earth is a proven fact. We are told that all Scientists believe the world is old, and that all of our dating methods confirm this.The truth is, many well qualified Scientists, and lay people alike are well justified in their belief that the earth, and universe is quite young.A secret they have learned is one that you may never have been told. It is this: Though a few assorted dating methods give the age of the earth in millions of years, there are far more that limit the age of the earth to a mere few thousand years.- Why are we not told of these?It is because they go against the politically correct notion of Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.