Three Earth Ages!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Why must you keep associating old earth with evolution ???....forget what men say .. Evolution requires uninterupted time ...None of the above scenerios are right ..its why they can never agree and continue to argue two wrongs. Gods Word says the earth is Old ... But it is not interupted time ... All things perished at the End of the first earth age became void/ empty ... thats means dinosaurs ect... (there were no flesh men in the first earth age only ape type/creatures science calls prehitoric who had no human DNA) The age that is now Starts in Gen 1:3 and is only thousands of years old ... So Old Earth yes ... Evolution ...No ... In fact you will be surprised to learn that science supports the Bible and vice versa once we get Evolution and the two wrongs of men out of the way And God says he will do this again at the End when he will make a new heaven and earth ...There is nothing new under the Sun (meaning what was before will be again)http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
(Christina;68744)
Gods Word says the earth is Old ... But it is not interupted time ... All things perished at the End of the first earth age became void/ empty ... thats means dinosaurs ect... (there were no flesh men in the first earth age only ape type/creatures science calls prehitoric who had no human DNA) The age that is now Starts in Gen 1:3 and is only thousands of years old ...http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html
PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE BELOWhttp://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1866.aspWhere are you getting this information? There is ample evidence to support men and dinosaurs living together on the earth! Science does not support an old earth, NOR DOES GOD'S WORD! As stated in the above article, its not the issue! The issue is, a belief in young earth is A CONSEQUENCE of believe in an OMNISCIENT CREATOR AND HIS WORD!And no, in fact, I am absolutely not surprised that science supports the Bible. Of course it does! There is no scientific evidence to suggest an old earth, nor is there ANYWHERE you can get old earth from the BIBLE.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Believe what you chose but ....you havent a single scripture to support it ..God never says the earth is only a few thousand years Old I dont follow men but scripture, The earth is old God says so, all this young earth theroy is just that a theroy devised by men to cover their first mistake its Why there is a famine on for the true Word of God... Its childish in my opinion ..we see light from stars older than a few thousand years to assume all the sciences in the world are wrong geology ,physics, astronomy ect ect all would have to be wrong for young earth to be true its just another lie of men and I can give links to old earth in the Bible so the argument goes on I only however listen to God Words not mens interpretations of God Words ...But I digress this area of the forum is not for back and forth arguments of Im right your right its for those who really want drop their preconceived ideas told them by men and examine the scriptures for a deeper better understanding of Gods Word and make an educated choice/ decision. Nothing personal but your just repeating the same old things Men have always claimed ..You have No scripture and a theroy all based in men ..But each of us has a choice as to what/whom we follow.http://www.kjvbible.org/

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
I would be more inclined to search the scriptures for proof of an old earth if you had shown me any. The only thing that verse said was that the earth was destroyed by a flood and that next time it will be destroyed by fire. It doesn't say the earth is 5 billion years old. Old earth is NOT science. You have been led astray by the "majority" of "scientists" who have to believe in an old earth in order to believe in evolution. Everything in all areas of atheistic "science" is interpreted specifically for an old earth to support the theory of evolution. Tell me how this fits in with the creation story in Genesis. God says the earth was created in six days. There wasn't another earth before that, or God would've wrote that down. He didn't. I don't understand where you are getting an old earth from Scripture. Please explain.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I gave you a link in the post above plus if read this thread there is a study at the beginning and many verses listed by Jordan secondly Do you have selective reading abilities ?? WE ADHERE TO ONLY CREATIONISM NOT EVOLUTION How many times do I have to say it?? evolution isn't in the bible 2 peter 3:5-7 proves along with the other verse time did not continue uninterrupted there for the Bible itself rules OUT EVOLUTION Further more there absolutely not one shred of scientific evidence homo sapien men lived with dinosaurs ... The oldest human remains ever found in about 12,000 years old which is in line with scripture Dinosaurs are millions of years old. In a recent study they mapped the entire Genome of Neantherdal man ...No Human DNA ... they were ape/man type creatures not human beings there is no missing link no evolution ...the first age was destroyed the earth became void and without form .... then Gen 1:3 starts this age the Bible is about this Age .... We aren't told much of how it will be in the 3rd earth age just a few verses same with the first earth age we are given a few verses because Gods wants our attention here in this age ...but that doesn't mean there's not a 3rd age and it doesn't mean there wasn't a first age .....................................................................................................................................................................................Neanderthal genome sequenced -----First complete Neanderthal genome sequencedFull nuclear sequence, offering clues about our relatives' demise, expected within months.James Morgan The first complete genome of a Neanderthal — specifically, the mitochondrial DNA found in a 38,000-year-old bone — has been sequenced.The highly accurate sequence contains clues that our relatives lived in small, isolated populations, and probably did not interbreed with their human neighbours. “This is the first ‘finished’ genome sequence of an extinct human relative,” says the study’s lead scientist, Ed Green, of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. More[url="http://www.nature.com/news/2008/0808...2008.1026.html]http://www.nature.com/news/2008/0808...2008.1026.html[/url]

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
Okay, I do understand that you don't adhere to evolution, I really really do. I just don't see where God's Word says "The earth is 4 billion years old and definitely not 6,000 years old." I don't even see one shred of evidence in the Bible whatsoever that one could draw the conclusion that earth is billions of years old. Even if what you say about a "previous earth" before Adam was true, that still does not say anything to me about the earth being billions of years old. "Clearly, such huge time periods cannot be fitted into the Bible without compromising what the Bible says about the goodness of God and the origin of sin, death and suffering—the reason Jesus came into the world."Also:"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." - Mark 10:6And:All dating methods used by scientists are flawed:C-14 is flawed because the amount of C14 in the air has fluctuated, and is only SOMEWHAT accurate to within recorded historical time. "Also, the Genesis flood would have greatly upset the carbon balance. The flood buried a huge amount of carbon, which became coal, oil, etc., lowering the total 12C in the biosphere (including the atmosphere—plants regrowing after the flood absorb CO2, which is not replaced by the decay of the buried vegetation).""If the long-age dating techniques were really objective means of finding the ages of rocks, they should work in situations where we know the age. Furthermore, different techniques should consistently agree with one another.""Of the methods that have been used to estimate the age of the earth, 90 percent point to an age far less than the billions of years asserted by evolutionists. A few of them follow. * Evidence for a rapid formation of geological strata, as in the biblical flood. Some of the evidences are: lack of erosion between rock layers supposedly separated in age by many millions of years; lack of disturbance of rock strata by biological activity (worms, roots, etc.); lack of soil layers; polystrate fossils (which traverse several rock layers vertically—these could not have stood vertically for eons of time while they slowly got buried); thick layers of “rock” bent without fracturing, indicating that the rock was all soft when bent; and more. For more, see books by geologists Morris[26] and Austin.[27] * Red blood cells and hemoglobin have been found in some (unfossilized!) dinosaur bone. But these could not last more than a few thousand years—certainly not the 65 Ma since the last dinosaurs lived, according to evolutionists.[28] * The earth's magnetic field has been decaying so fast that it looks like it is less than 10,000 years old. Rapid reversals during the flood year and fluctuations shortly after would have caused the field energy to drop even faster.[29] * Radioactive decay releases helium into the atmosphere, but not much is escaping. The total amount in the atmosphere is 1/2000th of that expected if the universe is really billions of years old. This helium originally escaped from rocks. This happens quite fast, yet so much helium is still in some rocks that it has not had time to escape—certainly not billions of years.[30] * A supernova is an explosion of a massive star—the explosion is so bright that it briefly outshines the rest of the galaxy. The supernova remnants (SNRs) should keep expanding for hundreds of thousands of years, according to physical equations. Yet there are no very old, widely expanded (Stage 3) SNRs, and few moderately old (Stage 1) ones in our galaxy, the Milky Way, or in its satellite galaxies, the Magellanic Clouds. This is just what we would expect for “young” galaxies that have not existed long enough for wide expansion.[31] * The moon is slowly receding for the earth at about 4 centimeters (1.5 inches) per year, and this rate would have been greater in the past. But even if the moon had started receding from being in contact with the earth, it would have taken only 1.37 billion years to reach its present distance from the earth. This gives a maximum age of the moon, not the actual age. This is far too young for evolutionists who claim the moon is 4.6 billion years old. It is also much younger than the radiometric “dates” assigned to moon rocks.[32] * Salt is entering the sea much faster than it is escaping. The sea is not nearly salty enough for this to have been happening for billions of years. Even granting generous assumptions to evolutionists, the sea could not be more than 62 Ma years old—far younger than the billions of years believed by the evolutionists. Again, this indicates a maximum age, not the actual age.[33]Dr. Russell Humphreys gives other processes inconsistent with billions of years in the pamphlet Evidence for a Young World.[34]Creationists cannot prove the age of the earth using a particular scientific method, any more than evolutionists can. They realize that all science is tentative because we do not have all the data, especially when dealing with the past. This is true of both creationist and evolutionist scientific arguments—evolutionists have had to abandon many “proofs” for evolution just as creationists have also had to modify their arguments. The atheistic evolutionist W.B. Provine admitted: "Most of what I learned of the field [evolutionary biology] in graduate (1964-68) school is either wrong or significantly changed."[35]Creationists understand the limitations of dating methods better than evolutionists who claim that they can use processes observed in the present to “prove” that the earth is billions of years old. In reality, all dating methods, including those that point to a young earth, rely on unprovable assumptions.Creationists ultimately date the earth historically using the chronology of the Bible. This is because they believe that this is an accurate eyewitness account of world history, which bears the evidence within it that it is the Word of God, and therefore totally reliable and error-free.""There are many lines of evidence that the radiometric dates are not the objective evidence for an old earth that many claim, and that the world is really only thousands of years old. We don't have all the answers, but we do have the sure testimony of the Word of God to the true history of the world.""" cited, http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c007.html

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
The following is an extract from a letter written in 1984 by Professor James Barr, who was at the time Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford. Please note that Professor Barr does not claim to believe that Genesis is literally true, he is just telling us, openly and honestly, what the language means.Professor Barr said, “Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Gen. 1-11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience (
cool.gif
the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story © Noah's flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the 'days' of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.”
I suggest that the only intellectually honest approach for a Christian is either to believe what the writer of Genesis is saying, or reject it as untrue.To disbelieve it brings the following problems: 1. How can you know which other parts of Scripture are in error as well—that is, how can you reliably know anything at all about Christianity? 2. What about the New Testament evidence that Jesus and the Apostles (including Paul) regarded Genesis 1-11 as inspired Scripture, giving us 'true truth' about historical characters and events? 3. What happens to the very basis of the Gospel—that is, the Fall into sin, death and bloodshed of the whole creation for which the Savior shed His blood in death (I Corinthians 15:21, 22; Romans 5:12; Romans 8:19-22)? Those who insist that the days could be millions of years often forget that these “millions of years,” in the popular view, are represented by layers of fossils which are interpreted not as the results of the biblical Flood, but as creatures having lived (with struggle and bloodshed) and died before anyone called Adam could have appeared.To put it simply, there were Genesis “days” before man appeared, and if you read the days as “ages” (remember that these “ages” are said to be shown by layers containing dead things called fossils) you've just put death and bloodshed before Adam!Excerpt from [url="http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c011.html]http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c011.html[/url]

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
anthocology,You have free-will, you can beleive anything or anyone you want. You will never understand the end if you don't understand the beginning.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Scripture is not in error Men are the days of creation week were not 24 hour days the Sun and the Moon didnt even exist on the first Days how could they be 24 hr Days the answer to that was revealed also in 2 Peter Gods Days were 1000 years long ... Let me ask you where do you think God foreknew us from ?? Answer the first earth age we were created as spirit Bodies not flesh ... I say again stop listening to men "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb... Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV)... God says he created the earth period He doesnt say when or long ago Men Just assume that all this from Gen 1:1 -1:3 is all in the same Day God never says that we have just always said God says it ... Did you read the link I gave you there is alot of explanation there If you would just hear me for a minute you would see God has all the answers if we just put our preconceived notions aside...When we are trying to find the mysteries of God every word must be examined we in our fast quick modern society dont read every Word we skim over things ask yourself were the Heavens destroyed in Noahs flood ? Yet when you read 2 Peter in the manscripts the heavens were also destroyed in the World that was. Peter3:5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word];What happened in the 1st earth age is the very reason we are here in the flesh Didnt you ever ask yourself that question Why did God make us flesh when flesh is so sinful ... There is much deeper things to understand on a spirtual level here but one must get there was a 1st earth age we are in the 2nd .. And looking forward to the 3rd and last

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Introduction to the Earth Ages of Genesis in the BibleA person can easily read the first two verses of the Bible in 30 seconds. What may surprise some is that the time span of those verses covers millions of years. Unless you take what's written in English back to the original ancient texts, key words cannot be fully understood, and then you may miss this important revelation in the first two verses of Genesis. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1 (KJV) God is eternal, so this beginning of the heaven and earth provides a human reference point only. Scientists and archeologists have fossil evidence that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, so the word "beginning" in verse one includes eons of time from when God first created the heaven and the earth. The dinosaurs were created in verse one, and humans have yet to uncover all the mysteries from those millions of years. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 (KJV) When reading "And the earth was without form, and void" that word "And" does not mean a continuation describing everything created in verse 1. It actually means "And then later..." because looking ahead in that phrase and the Hebrew word translated into English as "was" you discover the meaning is actually "became". Next, "without form, and void" translates to "desolation and ruin". To paraphrase this much of Genesis 1:2 it is stating that at some point in time after Genesis 1:1 the earth of the first earth age became without form, and void meaning desolate and in ruin. Say "good-bye" to the dinosaurs. Explanation and Reasons for Two Earth AgesLet's examine this catastrophic event when God chose to give the world a makeover in preparation for human inhabitants. The reason has to do with the downfall of Satan. Before covering that, it's important to understand and compare the first earth age of dinosaurs and the current second earth age of our existence. Once this spiritual journey is through presenting the Old Testament, references in the New Testament will be documented as taken from the original Greek manuscripts that refer to "the foundation of the world". That phrase is used often in reference to past events between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. The first occurrence of "the foundation of the world" in the New Testament is in Matthew as follows: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Matthew 13:35 (KJV) This word "foundation" is from the Greek word "katabole" (pronounced kat-ab-oh-LAY), and it means the world as we know it and more specifically the period of reconstruction after the first earth age that included dinosaurs. Prehistoric Life Prior to the KataboleHumans did not exist with dinosaurs during that prehistoric time. Spiritual heavenly beings did. Verb forms of katabole mean "destruction", and the spiritual events that occurred during Genesis 1:1 include the downfall of Satan who wanted to be God and rebelled against God with a third of the angels. As a result, God chose to reform the world as we know it beginning in Genesis 1:2 with the desolation of the first earth age. Satan and the third of the angels following him were condemned for their rebellion and will be held accountable in the future on Judgment Day. For the rest of the angels, meaning the other two thirds, it was required that those souls pass through the flesh once before the third and final heavenly age of eternity. That word "once" is important. There is no reincarnation. Your Spiritual and Human Existence in Each Earth AgeYour soul existed in that first earth age. Other souls still await being born in the flesh, and yet God knew those of us alive today as well as those waiting to be born. Consider this verse of Scripture as one example of evidence: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb... Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Your spirit and soul were not created at the time of your birth. You came from an existing spiritual being created and known by God. Our unique personality may help explain why many of our family members are so different. Your reason for being in this life is to discover God's purpose for you in this earth age, and only one thing makes you eligible for eternal life in the kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Salvation is by grace which is a gift freely given, not by works, for without grace all would be condemned. Your place in eternity requires that you accept Christ as your Savior. Consider this verse to understand what heaven will be like: Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) In conclusion, the Word of God offers everything you need to learn about ultimate riddles and the spiritual mysteries of life. My purpose is to share my opinion to encourage visitors to begin a spiritual journey of Bible study, and then have you form personal conclusions about what God expects as the Holy Spirit guides you towards wisdom and understanding.Article Source: www.ultimateriddles.com/genesis-bible-lesson-01.html.

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
I'm not here to argue every little point. I don't want to seem like I'm unwilling to consider another viewpoint. I just don't quite understand, I guess. I don't believe scientists have any proof of the age of the earth based on fossils. The dating methods are flawed, as you can see in my posts above. The idea of millions of years was introduced in the 19th century by people like Charles Darwin who no longer thought God should have a role in society. Darwin once stated his belief of the actual age of the earth, right down to the year. Where would he have even been able to come up with that? He based it on faulty assumptions, as do scientists today, even with advanced dating techniques -- you still have to assume certain things. I'm not trying to be the thorn in anyone's side here, but I just don't think I can agree. I will, however, study the things you have said.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(anthocology;68854)
I'm not here to argue every little point. I don't want to seem like I'm unwilling to consider another viewpoint. I just don't quite understand, I guess. I don't believe scientists have any proof of the age of the earth based on fossils. The dating methods are flawed, as you can see in my posts above. The idea of millions of years was introduced in the 19th century by people like Charles Darwin who no longer thought God should have a role in society. Darwin once stated his belief of the actual age of the earth, right down to the year. Where would he have even been able to come up with that? He based it on faulty assumptions, as do scientists today, even with advanced dating techniques -- you still have to assume certain things. I'm not trying to be the thorn in anyone's side here, but I just don't think I can agree. I will, however, study the things you have said.
anthocology,You have free-will, you can beleive anything or anyone you want. You will never understand the end if you don't understand the beginning. Go be with the people you trust. No one is talking about what Darwin said, no one here care about what Darwin said. We study Scripture, if you can see it in Scripture ask God to open your eyes. There are 72 post's on this tread, have you read them?

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(anthocology;68854)
Actually Darwin was not the first to propose an old age for the earth. There was a man even before him that proposed an earth millions or billions of years old. Thomas Chalmers was his name and he was a theologian he was the first to propose a gap theory from the 1611 KJV. This was in 1814 a full 45 years before Darwin touched pen to paper. There is more however there is documented evidence available that other theologians between the time of Christ and Chalmers (and even before) also noted the "gap" in the Genesis narrative.May I ask one question though...Lets forget about dating methods for one minute and look at the stars. We see stars that are millions of light years away from us. When we look at a star we are in effect looking back in time. We see stars that the light would have taken 4 years to get here and 4 million years 10 million years etc....My question is this how do you suppose this is possible if the earth is not millions or billions of years old?

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
There is no scientific law stating that the speed of light is or has to be constant. In fact, test shown over 75 years show a decrease in the speed of light. One of the first men to study this and publish his findings was de Bray. He said, “If the velocity of light is constant, how is it that, invariably, new determinations give values which are lower than the last one obtained ... There are twenty-two coincidences in favour of a decrease of the velocity of light, while there is not a single one against it.”Also, the expansion theory, which, by the way, goes hand in hand with the big bang theory, is not favored by scientific method. The theory that the universe was stretched, however is more supported by scientific method. So, in short, the universe, in theory, and all matter in it, was created within 6 days, and shortly thereafter was stretched.

anthocology

Jan 29, 2009
Many people assume that time flows at the same rate in all conditions. At first, this seems like a very reasonable assumption. But, in fact, this assumption is false. And there are a few different ways in which the nonrigid nature of time could allow distant starlight to reach earth within the biblical timescale.Albert Einstein discovered that the rate at which time passes is affected by motion and by gravity. For example, when an object moves very fast, close to the speed of light, its time is slowed down. This is called “time-dilation.” So, if we were able to accelerate a clock to nearly the speed of light, that clock would tick very slowly. If we could somehow reach the speed of light, the clock would stop completely. This isn’t a problem with the clock; the effect would happen regardless of the clock’s particular construction because it is time itself that is slowed. Likewise, gravity slows the passage of time. A clock at sea-level would tick slower than one on a mountain, since the clock at sea-level is closer to the source of gravity.It seems hard to believe that velocity or gravity would affect the passage of time since our everyday experience cannot detect this. After all, when we are traveling in a vehicle, time appears to flow at the same rate as when we are standing still. But that’s because we move so slowly compared to the speed of light, and the earth’s gravity is so weak that the effects of time-dilation are correspondingly tiny. However, the effects of time-dilation have been measured with atomic clocks.with atomic clocks.Since time can flow at different rates from different points of view, events that would take a long time as measured by one person will take very little time as measured by another person. This also applies to distant starlight. Light that would take billions of years to reach earth (as measured by clocks in deep space) could reach earth in only thousands of years as measured by clocks on earth. This would happen naturally if the earth is in a gravitational well.http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/n...starlight-prove

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ok then your choice if you want to base your faith around denying Darwin be my guest.Darwin was an idot and his ideas are called a Theory of evoulution because its never been proved. A snail is a snail reguarless of it 2 days old or 10,000 years old there is no missing link because it never existed ... He is a Non factor here yet you wont see Gods true word.. because your so stuck in a rut of denying an unproven fool like Darwin..You are making a religion out of it ...To deny an old earth is to deny All Astronomy, all geologogy, all physics, and on and on they have ice cores older than Adam based on layers of weather geology can often be seen on layers of soil ect. Just Because one dosent trust Carbon dating is like saying because there was a printing error in one book all Boooks ever written are wrong ..another words its such a small part of science.Now you saying the speed of light is wrong or as in your one post scripture is wrong Thats the problem with not getting Gods word right you have start calling all kinds of things wrong to make it work. ..most science proving an old World has nothing to do with carbon dating or Darwin. Or is it you think God cant acomplish this ..thats disproved because he says he will do it again... So if your happy living in denial of all science and calling the Bible wrong..Just so you can continue in your Anti-Darwin religion go ahead.. But it's not what God says .. I prefer to base my religious believes in what God says not denying Gods Word.. because a couple idot men say something. you cant seem to get passed it.As I said thats your choice to believe as you choose... but this area of the forum is for teaching/showing these deeper things not arguing them Your questions are most welcome ...but if you just refuse to believe or just cant see it ...thats fine just dont accept it. Put it on the shelf Feel free to come back if you have more questions ariseWe arent interested in posts of mens words trying to disprove ...what we have learned Gods Word says. Many of us have studied this for years in great detail nothing you can say or post will change our minds we have heard it all many timesthats why its in this area it can Not be disproved in scripture ...It can only be denied by men.....And we dont care what men say

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (watchman @ Feb 11 2009, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68999
That was a nice dodge to the question, however you didn't answer the question. If the was an earth before the one we know now, where there were dinosaurs, pre-adamic race ect... Then why was the Sun, moon, and stars not created until the 4th day? Did they not exist at all during the earth's first age?
Watchman as Jordan says this has nothing to do with the first earth age and secondly this is not a debate area of the forum it is a teaching area you free to ask questions and study the scriptures with us but you can not just argue opinions this is for deeper study only the rest of the board is for debates. Thanks

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (anthocology @ Feb 11 2009, 07:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68985
Christina, let's have our conversation here... So other people can get the full story as well.
Fine with me anthocology first let us study the scriptures very closley on some of things we discussed do not read over them quickly but read every word and consider what they are saying Jer. 4 is talking about God judgements his anger at his children this is the basic subject ... Chap.4 gives us a vast amount of knowledge, information, wisdom, and history. It will tell us in this chapter what happened in the world that was. In other words, with this restoration being promised, He lets us know what will come upon us. He said, "I will utterly destroy you, and if you don't think I will, look back to the first time I did it."You don't have to look very far to see the results of the last world age destruction. When you go to the tundra of Alaska, and you find dinosaur remains with vegetation stil frozen in their jaws, then you know that there was an sudden freeze by a catastrophic shaking of this earth. This evidence is also found in Russia and many other of the north countries. This shows us that this earth was fertile from the pole to pole. There was no ice cap.Jeremiah 4:22 "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."God is showing His disappointment in His people here. The word for "sottish" in the Hebrew means "stupid"[Strongs #5530, Cakal, "to play the fool.."]. He is disappointed in His people because of their foolishness, and stupidity in listening and being deceived. He is saying, if you don't think that I am going to bring destruction at the seventh trumpet of this earth age, you had better look back at the first Earth Age. Satan rebelled and I destroyed the entire earth age. God is setting the stage here for what He did to end that first Earth Age. God is reminding us that His people have been foolish, and always listened to men, and their foolish traditions. They prefer not to listen to God's Word, but the foolish doctrines of men's traditions. Who do you listen to, man or God? The definition of one that has no knowledge, is stupid. There is only one place to gain the knowledge from God, and that is to study God's Word. Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."God is telling us here exactly what He did to the earth at one time. This was in the first earth age. The earth spoken of here, is the "erets" as given in the Hebrew text. In Strong's Hebrew dictionary # 776. God is saying that He was so angry before, in that first earth age, that He totally destroyed everything. In the Hebrew, from Genesis 1:2, "tohu va bohu" which means, "without form and void" "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."God said that He did not create the earth a waste land and void, it became that way when God shook it.Dont lose track here God is angry when he is looking down on this void earth Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."There was no man, because He destroyed every being on the face of the earth. God destroyed all the birds, and creatures along with man. This is not talking about the flood of Noah, for with the flood of Noah, not only was eight Adamic souls left but the animals and the birds Gen 6:19- 20When we look at the plates of the land masses of the earth, it is obvious that there has been a shaking that took place. When Satan fell in that first earth age, there was a flood and destruction that left nothing alive to survive into this earth age. When Noah's flood came God was careful to preserve all flesh, and to take two of every kind aboard the ark. Not only are the animals and birds flesh, but all the races were flesh also, including the Kenites, those sons of Cain. Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."God destroyed all their cities, as well as every man and beast of the field. Did you notice that there were ancient cities in that first earth age. The bible does not disagree that the overthrow took place, and that this earth is millions of years old. However most Bible teachers today say that this earth is only 6,000 years old. Remember what God called those people? Stupid! They can't read the manuscripts, and open their eyes to the evidence around them, and see the truths that God has spoken in His Word. They can only understand what sits right before their eyes, and taught in their traditions. 2 Peter 3 is not talking Noahs flood The hebrew is very explicted here that this was a mystery being revealed a hidden thing that is now being made known.... Noahs flood was never hidden from anybody and it never destoyed the heavens and all people and animals were not destroyed. I use the following interptation because this older translation is much closer to the manuscripts. the KJV use's the idiom (figure of speech) be not ignorant that was a figure of speech in Peters time ..meaning pay attention a hidden thing and important bit wisdom is going to be revealed to those with understanding.. 5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; The heavens and earth were before 6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. 7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.] 8 But, ye most dear, this one thing be not hid to you [be not unknown], that one day with God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years be as one day [and a thousand years as one day]. This is another hebrew idiom (though written in greek here) but Peter was a Jew he knew well all these figuers of speech that were common in his day Think on this and I will continue to document in scripture some of the other things we discussed

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 11 2009, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69001
Watchman as Jordan says this has nothing to do with the first earth age and secondly this is not a debate area of the forum it is a teaching area you free to ask questions and study the scriptures with us but you can not just argue opinions this is for deeper study only the rest of the board is for debates. Thanks
So rather than answering my question you claim that this forum is for questions not debates? Hmmm that is very curious response to a valid question? Why were the Sun, moon, and stars not created until 4 days into the ''recreation''? That doesn't strike you as at least a little bit odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.