Time To Pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Ever notice that when we begin to have our daily devotions, read God's Word, just converse with God, the strangest things happen? Phone rings, someone comes to the door, cat knocks something off the counter, dog wants to go out. Remember that you forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner. Find yourself like well Lord I'll get right back to you, just a moment. You get up see what the cat knocked off the counter, clean it up, then oh,oh there's something I missed. Mailman knocks on your door with a special delivery package, you must sign for. Before you made the attempt to meet with the Lord , you could hear a pin drop. At that time you figured what a great time to meet with the Lord. I really, pointing my finger at myself first, think that there isn't anybody here in CB that hasn't experienced what I've discribed. Right?
This leaves a few questions for discussion: 1) Why do these interuptions happen? 2) Is it Satan trying to keep us off our knees or a lack of discipline. Can't blame the cat or the dog, the mailman didn't know what you were doing, so can't blame him/her. Where does our finger of guilt belong? How can one correct this problem? Where does the saying fit "We always find the time to do the things we really want to do.". When were too busy to meet with the Lord we are too busy. Amen?

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I think for the most part is it purely coincidence. I don't think the Satan was controlling the time schedule of the mailman, or suddenly put it in someones head to call on the phone... well I guess the cat could have been possessed but that's open to debate... cat's are just weird anyway  :lol: and as for the dog, hey... if nature calls, nature calls. What matters is that we DO get back to our time with God, but really.... should we set apart a certain part of the day for God, or should we give him the whole day, showing our devotion to him through our actions and interactions with other people? We wouldn't be showing God's love if we ignored the mailman, or the phone call. What if the person on the phone needed some good christian advice or prayer? I think God understands if we are interrupted.... we might be going somewhere, but He has all the time in world. And our actions toward others are evidence of our devotion to Him.  

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
I think for the most part is it purely coincidence. I don't think the Satan was controlling the time schedule of the mailman, or suddenly put it in someones head to call on the phone... well I guess the cat could have been possessed but that's open to debate... cat's are just weird anyway
laugh.gif
and as for the dog, hey... if nature calls, nature calls. What matters is that we DO get back to our time with God, but really.... should we set apart a certain part of the day for God, or should we give him the whole day, showing our devotion to him through our actions and interactions with other people? We wouldn't be showing God's love if we ignored the mailman, or the phone call. What if the person on the phone needed some good christian advice or prayer? I think God understands if we are interrupted.... we might be going somewhere, but He has all the time in world. And our actions toward others are evidence of our devotion to Him.

I have to agree with quite a bit of what you are saying. I wonder if you was meeting with let's say the President in the Oval office and your cell phone rang or however it lets you know someone wants to talk to you, would you say excuse me Mr. President, I have a phone call. Or would you allowa delay in your appointment to meet with the President, miss your plane to Washington because of a minor delay? Now here we are before the King of Kings, in our eyes He certainly wants to be placed first, but then I think of the Pharasees questioning Jesus because His disciples were gleaming from the wheat field on the Sabbath. Jesus reply was "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath". With that Jesus does show us where our priorities should be. Love You in Jesus Name.
Let's see what the other responses will be.