Timeline Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
IAmAWitness said:
The Gog and Magog prophecy fulfillment is an extremely tedious process of just getting to a place in history where that could even be possible. Right now, it would be impossible and so it is not imminent and it is not even among the most important things prophetically for us or will it be something important for us. I'd expect most of us will be dead prior to it's fulfillment.
You are way behind the times then, because the Gog-Magog nations alignment in Ezek.38 is almost complete today!

Meshech and Tubal are pointers to Communist Russia (yes, Russia is still a Communist run state; the Kremlin and Communist party is in ultimate power there still; even Putin was ex-KGB). Gomer is pointing to nations interconnected with Communist Russia, like Armenia. Persia is put for Iran-Iraq, and maybe Syria. Togarmah was where Turkey is, and Turkey is the one to watch now. Libya is allied with radical Islam still. Ethiopia use to include most of the lands below Egypt. Sudan is allied with radical Islam and is most likely put for Ethiopia. Egypt is a Muslim state. All the Muslim states in the middleast are somewhat sided together against the state of Israel, some more than others. And all the Islamic states that work against the U.S. and Israel are allied with Communist Russia, for Russia is who has supplied and trained many of those Islamic state's militaries.

Turkey is still in NATO, so it's the only one on the list that isn't fulfilled yet.

And to think, prior to the 1900's that nation alignment with Communism did not even exist, because Russia was not a Communist state yet.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Gog and MaGog prophecy could begin any moment. Though we, from America do not see the necessary things behind the scenes to allow this to happen in a moment the truth in the matter is. they simply need to decide to do it and begin the campaign. Some have it figured that this campaign must involve more than just Gog and MaGog but I am reluctant to include anyone else at this onslaught. See. the addition of other members such as Gomer and his bands, I think may be a different campaign. The reason Gog and MaGog come against Israel is for a spoil. Now you get too many countries comming together for a spoil an you have another prolem that will cause them to fight among themselves. Also I tend to believe it will be a hurried campaign do other countries cannot get involved ro try to stop it. When connecting the dots concerning which countries align them selves together to come against Israel at a given point... read Scripture as to Why this campaign transpires.

Certainly going for a spoil must be limited to a few countries for the spoil to be divided and yet be sufficient for all countries involved. Have ten countries come against Israel for a spoil - they would certainly be fighting themselves over the spoil. And as small as Israel is.. the spoil would certainly not be enough to go around to satisfy a large number od countries. Of course, this speculation considers that a spoil is achieved whereas prophecy tells us they will fail. But, among each country involed they each would be considering their portion of spoil. This allows us to understand why the campaign would be a secret or hurried affair.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
terry said:
Gog and MaGog prophecy could begin any moment. Though we, from America do not see the necessary things behind the scenes to allow this to happen in a moment the truth in the matter is. they simply need to decide to do it and begin the campaign. Some have it figured that this campaign must involve more than just Gog and MaGog but I am reluctant to include anyone else at this onslaught. See. the addition of other members such as Gomer and his bands, I think may be a different campaign. The reason Gog and MaGog come against Israel is for a spoil. Now you get too many countries comming together for a spoil an you have another prolem that will cause them to fight among themselves. Also I tend to believe it will be a hurried campaign do other countries cannot get involved ro try to stop it. When connecting the dots concerning which countries align them selves together to come against Israel at a given point... read Scripture as to Why this campaign transpires.

Certainly going for a spoil must be limited to a few countries for the spoil to be divided and yet be sufficient for all countries involved. Have ten countries come against Israel for a spoil - they would certainly be fighting themselves over the spoil. And as small as Israel is.. the spoil would certainly not be enough to go around to satisfy a large number od countries. Of course, this speculation considers that a spoil is achieved whereas prophecy tells us they will fail. But, among each country involed they each would be considering their portion of spoil. This allows us to understand why the campaign would be a secret or hurried affair.
The Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 38-39 is for the last day of our present world, the day when our Lord Jesus returns to make war on earth against them. That's when the pimple is going to pop, with Christ's coming ending this present world.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hi Vet, Please examine the reasons for Gog and MaGog and the other campaigns... if they are going to war against Israel for different reasons then they are most likely going to war at different times as well.

Gog and MaGog have hooks in their mouths and come to take a spoil. China comes to attack becasue of the morals of Israel ( i am unclear why this would be so ). BUT - When the battle of Armageddon takes place all the worlds armies come to battle and they are certainly unified in the reasons for this campaign. And that reason is to force the Mark of the Beast on the Jews, to Exterminate the Jews, To force the Jews to obey Satan... all of these reasons are one with each other. The world will not know of Satan's plan to exterminate the Jews and even Satan may desire to force them to follow him just to spite God instead of killing all of them, but if he can do that he would desire to kill all of the Jews. Fortunately, Jesus will come to save the day.

How about this... " A house divided cannot stand. " At Armageddon the armies of the wolrd require a campaign of one mind and that one mind will be Satan's. Armageddon is not a campaign for Russia to get rich.. it is for Satan to gain control over God's chosen.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
terry said:
Hi Vet, Please examine the reasons for Gog and MaGog and the other campaigns... if they are going to war against Israel for different reasons then they are most likely going to war at different times as well.

Gog and MaGog have hooks in their mouths and come to take a spoil. China comes to attack becasue of the morals of Israel ( i am unclear why this would be so ). BUT - When the battle of Armageddon takes place all the worlds armies come to battle and they are certainly unified in the reasons for this campaign. And that reason is to force the Mark of the Beast on the Jews, to Exterminate the Jews, To force the Jews to obey Satan... all of these reasons are one with each other. The world will not know of Satan's plan to exterminate the Jews and even Satan may desire to force them to follow him just to spite God instead of killing all of them, but if he can do that he would desire to kill all of the Jews. Fortunately, Jesus will come to save the day.

How about this... " A house divided cannot stand. " At Armageddon the armies of the wolrd require a campaign of one mind and that one mind will be Satan's. Armageddon is not a campaign for Russia to get rich.. it is for Satan to gain control over God's chosen.
The Gog-Magog event of Ezek.38-39 is not really going to be a 'war'. It's because when they deicide to go up against God's Israel, that's when Christ is coming to stop it before it can happen. That's when God said fury is going to come up in His face, when they decide to try all-out destruction against Israel.

The time just prior to that event... is to be a time of peace, for Christ said as long as we hear of wars and rumours of wars, then the end is not yet (Matt.24).

And another thing, I don't know what idiot has planted the false notion that ALL the world's armies are going to come up against Israel on that last day of this world, because ONLY the nation alignment God gave in Ezekiel 38 is who is involved in trying to come up against Israel. It will be Communist Russia and her allies, and not all the Islamic states.

Here's the scenario:
when the Antichrist arrives, and places the abomination of desolation in a new temple in Jerusalem, the WHOLE WORLD will be required to bow in worship to it, just as it was in the days of Daniel in Babylon. Only those of Christ's elect will refuse to bow and be persecuted, like Daniel and his fellows were. The majority of the whole world will be deceived into believing that Antichrist is God having come. And that's why Apostle Paul said that when they say, "Peace and safety", then sudden destruction will come upon them. The whole world will be at peace (though a fake peace). The coming false messiah is going to heal everybody's woes (as long as you bow to him as God). It will be the greatest time of deception that's ever been on this earth, not all-out war like the Hal Lindsey junk.

It will be even deceived Christian brethren turning in Christ's elect because of their refusing to bow to the false messiah as Christ. And because of this some of Christ's elect are going to be delivered up to councils and synagogues, to give a Testimony against the false one and the times. Jesus said what they are given to say in that hour will be The Holy Spirit speaking, and that what He will give them to say even the gainsayer won't be able to resist. Couple that event with the working of God's two witnesses in Jerusalem for that time. And how will that make the false messiah/Antichrist react?

He will then bring an army out of the northern quarters to seek once and for all to destroy both Israels, for there are 2 Israels today, not just the nation in the holy land. The event of Pentecost that Peter quoted from the Book of Joel was only an example for this witnessing of The Holy Spirit for the end of this present world. That is how Christ's elect on earth will fight. It will cause such a stir among the nations.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hi Vet, I have of course read Ezekiel with my eyes, and now I read it with yours, thanks to you I see problems with what I read with my eyes, but I also see some problems reading it with your eyes as well... So I will once again examine this area to obtian a better understanding and will tell you of the problems I encounter while descrening it your way or mine.

Here is a brief post of problems I see while thinking Gog and MaGog are not alone on a campaign. Hamongog would have to be made after Armageddon as well as the 7 years of burning the weapons. Now if this Gog and MaGog campaign included others then how about other cemetaries being included? How would they and why would they separate Gog and MaGog people from the others?

We also are told 1/6th of this army is turned back... retreating I have aproblem with as an option at Armageddon. Spoiling those that come to take spoil... Well it woud seem the entie world would be able to be spoiled by the Believers - Jews and Christians alike. And so, not Just Russia and Iran would be spoiled. ( in my understandig - Russia and Iran are Gog and MaGog... be that as it may, I have leraned that others think they are a different people. ) Gog and MaGog coming to take a spoil from Israel while many other countries are involved in the same campaogn would pit these other participants against Gog and MaGog and then against each other as each desiring spoil for them selves.

What about the army of 200 thousand thousand, it is possible that it is the number of the complete armies that attack at Armageddon, though it was considered to be the amount of soldiers China attacks with becasue the river Euphrates is dried up... China could not attack Israel if China had to cross mountains AND bring boats over them to cross Euphrates. So that problem is resolved with the Euphrates drying up. If this army is of China and does number 200 thousand thousand ( 2 Million) then what of their dead bodies? The land of Israel would become a house of slaughter rather than a house of God. David was not allowed to build the Temple becasue there was so much blood n his hand and yet this would be even more blood in israel.

Becasue Israel will be att peace during Tribulation I had figured the war of Gog and MaGog transpires prior to the advent of Tribulation and the 7 months period of burying that dead and the 7 years period of burning the weapons begins before the start of Tribulation. Now this train of thought would mean one of the reasons for the peace is becasue the world would kinda marvel at the military supremacy displayed not just by Israel by by the God of Isreal - our Lord God. The world would not consider this an act of God but rather superior strenght of Israel thus hindering another assault... peace by fear.

Well this is just a brief outlines on some of the problems I see...