To encourage towards Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So you were not asking if I went into the towns and talked to people about Jesus.

So than if I understand you correctly this time your asking what my understanding of the meaning of the verse that says; about not running out of towns before Christ comes add to that the verse that says “eating what is set before you is this now correct?

Blessings to all that have eyes to see.,

Much love in Christ, Not me
you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. Which implies that you actually have to goto one/them, yeh? Can you describe your experience of the first one?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.Jesus died for ALL men...not just believers. So the access is to all men. Christians are not more special to God.

Jesus died for all man, true.

Not just believers ???

What is this statement other than double speak.

Are not believers just people that believe that Jesus died for their sins.

Christians are not more special to God.

They most certainly are. They have been made partakers of the Divine Nature by faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

The rest of your post is just you putting scripture together however they work for you

One question I have for you;

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or the hearing with faith?

Blessings to all that would go to God and ask.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not just believers ???

They most certainly are. They have been made partakers of the Divine Nature by faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

The rest of your post is just you putting scripture together however they work for you

Actually you are speaking backwards. First...you thinking you are somehow special will get you into a lot of trouble. Didn't the Pharisees think they were special too? More special than the ones Jesus was ministering to? But Jesus didn't think so. By doing so you are forsaking humility and the fear of the Lord...which are the MINIMUM standards of salvation. So don't let anyone fool you from the simplicity which is in Christ. By that forsaking you are making unbelievers more attractive to God than yourself. Not a wise move. So you are undoing what you are setting out to do.

By entrance into the race of faith we are put into a higher race...where more is expected of us. So then we who have been baptized into Jesus will be judged the harder for it.

As in...how much can a man dig with a backhoe compared to a shovel? God judges according to what we've been given. Getting better equipped to obey God...by grace... means that God will expect more from us. To whom much is given...more is required. God is a fair judge of all...no favourites nor personal preferences...no respect of persons. So you are WAY off here.

You would have the bible say...to whom much is given...less is expected???:oops:o_O

You are making things about us...or yourself ...rather than about God. This is about HIS realm...not a happy trails for us in ours. This idea you have is a polarity shift...a pole reversal that makes God serve us. God becomes impersonal...not having any say. So your God is one of a theory...not real.

The real God inspires both fear AND love. Only He can do that. A make-believe God just soothes man's apprehensions...to give comfort and security...and certainty... because the theoretical God is made up by men to that very purpose. But all this is at the expense of reality and authenticity.

The truth escapes people because there is a proper polarity (duality) to it...a wheel within a wheel, a double edge to it. It is from the natural man to select verses ...from only one polarity, because they sound enticing...but only to be bitten by the other polarity they sought to avoid.

It is far wiser to take on both polarities of the truth at the outset in order to avoid any nasty surprises later. Many, many will not follow this advice.

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you are speaking backwards. First...you thinking you are somehow special will get you into a lot of trouble. Didn't the Pharisees think they were special too? More special than the ones Jesus was ministering to? But Jesus didn't think so. By doing so you are forsaking humility and the fear of the Lord...which are the MINIMUM standards of salvation. So don't let anyone fool you from the simplicity which is in Christ. By that forsaking you are making unbelievers more attractive to God than yourself. Not a wise move. So you are undoing what you are setting out to do.

By entrance into the race of faith we are put into a higher race...where more is expected of us. So then we who have been baptized into Jesus will be judged the harder for it.

As in...how much can a man dig with a backhoe compared to a shovel? God judges according to what we've been given. Getting better equipped to obey God...by grace... means that God will expect more from us. To whom much is given...more is required. God is a fair judge of all...no favourites not personal preferences...no respect of persons. So you are WAY off here.

You would have the bible say...to whom much is given...less is expected???:oops:o_O

You are making things about us...or yourself ...rather than about God. This is about HIS realm...not a happy trails for us in ours. This idea you have is a polarity shift...a pole reversal that makes God serve us. God becomes impersonal...not having any say. So your God is one of a theory...not real.

The real God inspires both fear AND love. Only He can do that. A make-believe God just soothes man's apprehensions...to give comfort and security...and certainty... because the theoretical God is made up by men to that very purpose. But all this is at the expense of reality and authenticity.

The truth escapes people because there is a proper polarity (duality) to it...a wheel within a wheel, a double edge to it. It is from the natural man to select verses ...from only one polarity, because they sound enticing...but only to be bitten by the other polarity they sought to avoid.

It is far wiser to take on both polarities of the truth at the outset in order to avoid any nasty surprises later. Many, many will not follow this advice.

So ignoring your estimation of me, and all your words of how spiritual you are and how much I am not.

I ask you again;

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or the hearing with faith

For the answer to this question is the heart of our salvation in Christ.

“The just shall live by faith”.

Because as sinners, who in them dwells no good thing, they take the humblest and lowest position and put all their hopes in their Savior

It is the one who thinks that in them dwells something good that walks in the pride of life.

For reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God by faith is absolutely the lowest and most humblest place there is in all creation. For a absolute dependence on God is our salvation in Christ.

For we did receive the Spirit by faith and all growth in Christ comes the exact same way, by the faith of the heart turned towards God. Which is what the Galatians stumbled over.

Blessings to all that would search these truths out for themselves.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Not just believers ???

what Epi said, imo, sorry. We have many examples that demonstrate this, as well as the direct of a truth i perceive that Theos is no respecter of persons. So you might believe that your professions are confessions if you like, and you might believe that you will get some special treatment if you like too, but try and justify the concept in Scripture and see what happens. It will not end well for you there, ok? There is already much of the Book that you are avoiding, yeh? Why add to it?

your question is moot, as copious Scripture will attest. How many vv do you need, how big a cloud will convince you. Give me a number.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So ignoring your estimation of me, and all your words of how spiritual you are and how much I am not.

I ask you again;

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or the hearing with faith

For the answer to this question is the heart of our salvation in Christ.

“The just shall live by faith”.

Because as sinners, who in them dwells no good thing, they take the humblest and lowest position and put all their hopes in their Savior

It is the one who thinks that in them dwells something good that walks in the pride of life.

For reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God by faith is absolutely the lowest and most humblest place there is in all creation. For a absolute dependence on God is our salvation in Christ.

For we did receive the Spirit by faith and all growth in Christ comes the exact same way, by the faith of the heart turned towards God. Which is what the Galatians stumbled over.

Blessings to all that would search these truths out for themselves.

look, you can do this "nevermind that what about this" if you like, but i suggest that you just ask the cloud around you right now rather than deflect onto putting words in epis mouth that he did not say, and stop taking this personally imo.

You are making this about you or anyone else, when we are trying to discuss the belief, ok. Do what you like though. Have a nice evening. Your question is a diversion, and pointless, in my opinion

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a war against grace! As if God didn't forgive. As if we are not reconciled. As if we have to climb our way into righteousness!

As if, "we urge you, be reconciled to God" meant nothing.

So sad!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a war against grace! As if God didn't forgive. As if we are not reconciled. As if we have to climb our way into righteousness!

As if, "we urge you, be reconciled to God" meant nothing.

So sad!

Hi marks!

Hope all is Christ in your neck of the woods. Things are Christ with me and mine. So, to wishing you all good things in Christ, as we feed and press into Him with all our hearts. For the heart that knows Him is truly at rest.

Blessings as we dig deeper into this rest of God.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is far wiser to take on both polarities of the truth at the outset in order to avoid any nasty surprises later.
word. In that vein, i was looking for the post where i flipped everything you said, like yesterday or day before? Wnated to consider the truth in your side there some more if you can find it? I cant so far, ty

Reactions: Episkopos

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I just be simple and comment on the Subject Title? "To encourage towards Christ" :)

I would say to someone, if asked...then fast....go somewhere in solitude (often)...and commune with the Father.
Be still.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I just be simple and comment on the Subject Title? "To encourage towards Christ" :)

I would say to someone, if asked...then fast....go somewhere in solitude (often)...and commune with the Father.
Be still.

I think your pretty much on point, for it is our personal relationship with Christ that is of first importance in our lives. If we keep Him front and center, His joy and peace do we experience.

So to Him do our hearts turn.

Blessings,

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh my, that was my favorite verse for years...from a different version. I would recite it by heart to
many a person that came to me for Christian help over coffee..they always paid.

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not
also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Prob the RSV)

A very good verse for those troubled, yet still love pure logic.
icon_cool.gif
Yay!
It seems to catch their mind, stopping it from causing all it's troubles! Ha!
I seem to be able to quote it from the KJV.

Such a tonic for the believer, Romans 8! :)

Reactions: Hisman