To encourage towards Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:32 (NASB)
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

This is God’s heart towards us, “all things”. They are for “whosoever will”. The heart that wants God can have God as much as they would want. We are the one’s that limit God in our lives, by our doubt, our fear, our unbelief. Our wanting things our own way, wanting to be right. Own will is that which limits our growth in Christ. For God has given Christ to mankind, we can have as much or little as our heart would have. For He is good and this heart of pure goodness is towards us. For God is love, God is righteousness, God is all good things, with a heart to communicate this goodness to the heart that would be willing to die to it’s own will. For own-will is our enemy that we need to die to, and learn to trust His will rather than our own. For all things that pertains to life and Godliness are given in this “all things.”

A heart that would trust in God’s love for it, will find by experience the truth of this “all things”. For God’s heart is to communicate Himself to all that in the simple trust of their heart would accept on face value, His love for them. For God so love that He gave, there was no holding back, God gave His all, when He gave Christ, and Christ He gave freely to mankind. To be Savior to all that will receive Him. And what is He to be Savior of?... To save us from ourselves, our own sin, our own fears, our own doubts, our own self will, the will that would elevate itself above the knowledge of God. A will that would elevate itself above the simplicity of the Gospel of Grace. Which is; God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, to all that would be willing to receive Him, will He not freely with Him give all things.

All things are ours whether in life or death, nothing can prevent us from receiving this “all things” but us, and our wills not to embrace it. For Christ has been given, Christ who is the all of God, God’s very own heart has been given to mankind. This love that knows no bounds, this love who’s arms are open wide saying; “Come unto me all you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest from all your labors of self to establish a righteousness of your own. All your efforts to try to be good enough for Me. I have given you Christ for that task, embrace by faith, My gift to you. Get to know My gift and the all things pertained in it”, says the God of love to the objects of His love.

Trust in my love and my goodness directed towards you. For perfect love casts out all fear, says the God of love, and “My love towards you knows no bounds which was proven when I gave you Christ, will not, as I have said, not freely give you all things”. Oh the heart that in simple child like trust would take God at His word no strings attached just simply with your heart turned to Him like the thief of the cross “Lord remember me”. For when Jesus died we died that we might be born again to a living hope. The heart that would in the simple faith believe and trust in this great and awesome God who had given His all, when He gave Christ. For Christ has come to make His abode in all that would be willing. Let us in simple faith say “Lord cause me to know the freely you have given”, that our hearts might learn to rest in Your love.

Blessings to all in Christ,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“Come unto me all you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest from all your labors of self to establish a righteousness of your own..."
um...hmm. Nm, maybe not the best idea to add to Scripture, to impose your will iow, to try and get your point across? I get that where you are right now accepting Jesus with your heart seems like a good thing, and i'm not meaning to imply that works will save one, but they are after all how we will be judged, right, the only judgement we will ever suffer.

whosoever will may come has been defined for us by "church" now, right, but fwiw i tell you that you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. Which implies that you actually have to goto one/them, yeh? Can you describe your experience of the first one?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, that was my favorite verse for years...from a different version. I would recite it by heart to
many a person that came to me for Christian help over coffee..they always paid.

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not
also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Prob the RSV)

A very good verse for those troubled, yet still love pure logic.
icon_cool.gif
Yay!
It seems to catch their mind, stopping it from causing all it's troubles! Ha!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um...hmm. Nm, maybe not the best idea to add to Scripture, to impose your will iow, to try and get your point across? I get that where you are right now accepting Jesus with your heart seems like a good thing, and i'm not meaning to imply that works will save one, but they are after all how we will be judged, right, the only judgement we will ever suffer.

whosoever will may come has been defined for us by "church" now, right, but fwiw i tell you that you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. Which implies that you actually have to goto one/them, yeh? Can you describe your experience of the first one?

I don’t believe I was adding to scripture, I was just adding two bits of scripture together to bring a truth forth that they held in them.

As far as the rest of your thoughts I’ve heard/read a few people that hold true to what you put forth. May they feed your inner man.

Don’t know what you mean by

“can I describe” etc ??

But anyways blessings as we strive to grow in Christ.

Oh my, that was my favorite verse for years...from a different version. I would recite it by heart to
many a person that came to me for Christian help over coffee..they always paid.

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not
also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Prob the RSV)

A very good verse for those troubled, yet still love pure logic.
icon_cool.gif
Yay!
It seems to catch their mind, stopping it from causing all it's troubles! Ha!

Yes it’s a most encouraging scripture!

To see that in Christ God has given us His all.

Blessings to you lover of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don’t believe I was adding to scripture, I was just adding two bits of scripture together to bring a truth that that both held in them.
iyo anyway, yes. Not sure i even disagree per se, in that instance, dont get me wrong; only i have to, bc see the authors, the hearers, did not put it like that, exactly?
Don’t know what you mean by

“can I describe” etc ??

But anyways blessings as we strive to grow in Christ.
ah, the striving, yes. At "can you describe" i mean whosoever will may come, and if one cannot describe there then maybe they should examine whether they have actually come? I mentioned the thing about we have a definition for this come provided to us, that may not be the best one, yeh? Cant see it in this edit window. Usually conflated with i surrender all i think? Our walk down to the um wooden altar, up front?
To see that in Christ God has given us His all.
count the cost tho k

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iyo anyway, yes. Not sure i even disagree per se, in that instance, dont get me wrong; only i have to, bc see the authors, the hearers, did not put it like that, exactly?
ah, the striving, yes. At "can you describe" i mean whosoever will may come, and if one cannot describe there then maybe they should examine whether they have actually come? I mentioned the thing about we have a definition for this come provided to us, that may not be the best one, yeh? Cant see it in this edit window. Usually conflated with i surrender all i think? Our walk down to the um wooden altar, up front?
count the cost tho k

If I understand you correctly your saying that if I can’t describe my understanding of “ whosoever will may come” I should check whether or not I’m actually a Christian? Do I understand your thoughts correctly?

Blessings to all that call on God from a pure heart.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
your saying that if I can’t describe my understanding of “ whosoever will may come”
fwiw i tell you that you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. Which implies that you actually have to goto one/them, yeh? Can you describe your experience of the first one?
now, could you do the same thing here, if you would, ty

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now, could you do the same thing here, if you would, ty

So you were not saying what I thought you were asking.

Let me try it again, if I understand you correctly this time?

Your asking if I ever went to “one of them”, meaning towns and byways and such. Do I understand you correctly this time?

Blessings to those that are honest before God.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you were not saying what I thought you were asking.

Let me try it again, if I understand you correctly this time?

Your asking if I ever went to “one of them”, meaning towns and byways and such. Do I understand you correctly this time?

Blessings to those that are honest before God.

except maybe for the byways and such, sure

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
except maybe for the byways and such, sure

So if I understand you, your asking if I ever went to a town to talk to people about Jesus. Is that correct?

Blessings to a sharper point on the sword.

Much love in Christ, Not Me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So if I understand you, your asking if I ever went to a town to talk to people about Jesus. Is that correct?
well, if that is what the pasage that culminates in you will not run out of towns means to you, then sure. But i would reflect on stay in one house, eat what they feed you in this context also i guess

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All things are ours whether in life or death, nothing can prevent us from receiving this “all things” but us, and our wills not to embrace it.

This is an interpretation that is really just saying...whatever you think you have...you have! A name it and claim it mentality. A peace and safety mentality.

But in truth we must be vetted by God to go deeper into His promises. God has standards that must be met in righteousness and truth. They are very far from being automatic based on the desire for them. Is God like room service at a hotel? Who is the servant of whom? So then your reasoning on this is backwards.

Jesus did NOT say..."all who try to enter in will be able to if they really want to." So your post is misleading people as well as yourself into this easy grace thing you are always talking about.

Many will TRY to enter but FEW will be able to. THAT is not your thinking...but the thinking of Jesus who actually knows about these things.

Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, if that is what the pasage that culminates in you will not run out of towns means to you, then sure. But i would reflect on stay in one house, eat what they feed you in this context also i guess

So you were not asking if I went into the towns and talked to people about Jesus.

So than if I understand you correctly this time your asking what my understanding of the meaning of the verse that says; about not running out of towns before Christ comes add to that the verse that says “eating what is set before you is this now correct?

Blessings to all that have eyes to see.,

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interpretation that is really just saying...whatever you think you have...you have! A name it and claim it mentality. A peace and safety mentality.

But in truth we must be vetted by God to go deeper into His promises. God has standards that must be met in righteousness and truth. They are very far from being automatic based on the desire for them. Is God like room service at a hotel? Who is the servant of whom? So then your reasoning on this is backwards.

Jesus did NOT say..."all who try to enter in will be able to if they really want to." So your post is misleading people as well as yourself into this easy grace thing you are always talking about.

Many will TRY to enter but FEW will be able to. THAT is not your thinking...but the thinking of Jesus who actually knows about these things.

Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

So if I understand your understanding of scripture correctly, many mistakes are in them and you alone have the correct interpretation of them.

So scripture, as a few examples should be understood as;

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Should be understood as;

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, will with Him not give us all things?

And again the scripture that’s says;

John 3:16 NASB
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Should be understood as;

John 3:16 (NASB)
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that only those people that He deems good enough shall not perish, but have eternal life.

“My righteous ones shall live by faith”

The correct understanding is

“My righteous one shall not live by faith but by their obedience to the works of the law”

Is this what you are saying?

By the way God has vetted all that were born in Adam for salvation.

Now He is waiting for “whosoever will may come”

Best wishes is you strive to build a righteousness of your own.

Blessings to all that have eyes to see.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if I understand your understanding of scripture correctly, many mistakes are in them and you alone have the correct interpretation of them.

So scripture, as a few examples should be understood as;

Should be understood as;

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, will with Him not give us all things?

John 3:16 NASB
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Should be understood as;

John 3:16 (NASB)
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that only those people that He deems good enough shall not perish, but have eternal life.

“My righteous ones shall live by faith”

The correct understanding is

“My righteous one shall not live by faith but by their obedience to the works of the law”

Is this what you are saying?

By the way God has vetted all that were born in Adam for salvation.

Now He is waiting for “whosoever will may come”

Best wishes is you strive to build a righteousness of your own.

Blessings to all that have eyes to see.

How many things do you want to get wrong? ;) Your attitude is not one that is conducive to learn anything beyond the human interpretation arguments you seem to think important.

You would have to be instructed methodically away from what you have learned through that kind of reasoning. The bible speaks of things that are much higher than what the human mind can comprehend.

1.Jesus died for ALL men...not just believers. So the access is to all men. Christians are not more special to God. But if we are humble...we can have the advantage of taking the words of Jesus seriously...which of course not many do.

2. For the experience of eternal life one must believe INTO Christ. (To where He is) IOW we need to be translated into HIS abiding place. Translated into His kingdom. To walk in HIS kind of life. The place in the Fathers' house that He has prepared for they who have the faith OF Jesus Christ. That is a miracle that is available but very few will experience. Born from above means from a different realm. And the spiritual walk is in that different realm...the realm of the Spirit.

So then either we are talking about what all men may experience or else what few people will ever know.

Basic salvation consists of humility, doing what is right and the fear of the Lord. If a believer thinks he can forsake these things to advance in Christ..he is most deceived.

Salvation into eternal life builds by faith on top of humility and the fear of the Lord by an empowerment (grace) to walk in a supernatural obedience to God...doing the miraculous works prepared before the world began. Salvation is without sin. If one can't stop sinning then one is still under the law and needs to go back to humility, and the fear of the Lord seeking God for deliverance from the bondage of the law of sin and into the liberation of the law of the Spirit.

Otherwise one may seem to always be learning but never coming into the knowledge of the truth.