To sin or not to sin that is the question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit isn't always there especially during temptation but sometimes is. God allows us to be tried by Satan and tempted. It's important to know what sin is and have it spelled out for us so we can avoid it.

If one is a Believer, he has a White dog within him , yet unfortunately he also has a Black dog within him .....they fight constantly......sometimes the Black dog wins.....when that happens the Believer pays the price....that White Dog “ NEVER leaves or forsakes us”...... sometimes we stumble because as even the Bible admits—- there is “pleasure” in sin ( for a season ).....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is a Believer, he has a White dog within him , yet unfortunately he also has a Black dog within him .....they fight constantly......sometimes the Black dog wins.....when that happens the Believer pays the price....that White Dog “ NEVER leaves or forsakes us”...... sometimes we stumble because as even the Bible admits—- there is “pleasure” in sin ( for a season ).....

The devil is not inside of us:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil is not inside of us:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

True......the Devil is not inside of us but we still have an Old Nature that dwells within us and will not totally be erased until we receive our New Sinless Bodies—— “ Over There”......

That Old Nature “ is not subject to the power of God and neither indeed can be”....

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True......the Devil is not inside of us but we still have an Old Nature that dwells within us and will not totally be erased until we receive our New Sinless Bodies—— “ Over There”......

That Old Nature “ is not subject to the power of God and neither indeed can be”....
agreed

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can sin as much as I want to.....since I received my New Nature, I don't want to ......I could also stick my hand in a fire but I don’t want to do that either.......Obedience has its own built- in rewards....Sinning has Its own built- in punishments......a wise man rejects it.....
A wise man rejects sin if He has time to consider what he's doing in the moment, but our nature according to the flesh remains or there would no struggle with sin. Even the Apostle Peter was called out by Paul for his hypocrisy regarding his behavior among the gentiles when Jews came visiting. Of course, Peter never seemed particularly wise in the gospel accounts, but prone to act on impulse.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10
By the way, Solomon was called the wisest man that ever lived even by our Lord. Yet, Solomon was an idolater and ignored nearly every instruction given in scripture regarding the kings of Israel. Wisdom fails, but God ordained it to be that way.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1 Corinthians 1:18-20
It may seem odd, but God knew or predetermined that everyone would fail at least once in life so that no flesh would boast in His presence.

With respect to Ariel, (the city where David dwelt)

13 Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,
14 Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work
Among this people,
A marvelous work and a wonder;
For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.”

15 Woe to those who seek deep to hide their counsel far from the Lord,
And their works are in the dark;
They say, “Who sees us?” and, “Who knows us?”
Isaiah 29:13-15
This is one of those instances where we hope that this only applies to "Ariel" and not the " Israel of God", but who is Jeshurun? (Jeshurun grew fat and kicked.)
Wisdom is good, and so is prudence, but they aren't a shield, and they don't even make the list for the whole armor of God.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wise man rejects sin if He has time to consider what he's doing in the moment, but our nature according to the flesh remains or there would no struggle with sin. Even the Apostle Peter was called out by Paul for his hypocrisy regarding his behavior among the gentiles when Jews came visiting. Of course, Peter never seemed particularly wise in the gospel accounts, but prone to act on impulse.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

The sin doesn't remain in us if we are cleansed thru the blood of Christ Jesus:

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sin doesn't remain in us if we are cleansed thru the blood of Christ Jesus:

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

This was written by the Apostle John and after He received the Holy Spirit. Did John lie under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? Believe the word.
Yes, we are cleansed through confessing our sin to God (He even gave Adam and Eve the space to confess their transgression. They did and lived, but the race and all creation was cursed for it.)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was written by the Apostle John and after He received the Holy Spirit. Did John lie under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? Believe the word.
Yes, we are cleansed through confessing our sin to God (He even gave Adam and Eve the space to confess their transgression. They did and lived, but the race and all creation was cursed for it.)
Revelation is in the future. But we can be cleansed of all sin brother. And even now some of it so that we sin less and less and we can be made perfect:

Matthew 5:48

King James Version

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only way to be “perfect” is to have the Perfection Of Christ Imputed to you.....Are you Resting in the Gospel as God commanded? If so, you got it......As Believers, God views us through “ the spectacles Of Christ”......God looks at me and sees Jesus.....You too if you have put your complete Trust in Him to Save you....

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is in the future. But we can be cleansed of all sin brother. And even now some of it so that we sin less and less and we can be made perfect:

Matthew 5:48

King James Version

If we indeed sin less, its because of the renewal of our minds through our reading (and meditation) upon the word of God and its application to our lives.
Unfortunately, many Christians just don't crack the spine on their Bibles and fail to mature or accomplish much.
About 2 decades ago, I met a missionary by the name of Chuck Ramsey who lived among some indigenous people somewhere in South America (I've forgotten which country, but I want to say Chile). The ministry, which has survived him, is called Latcom. You might have seen his name in a hymnal as he wrote a popular hymn many years ago.
My church donated regularly to his mission, so he came up to visit us and share about what he was doing. Part of his testimony was that he'd been on his mission for over a decade without seeing any results and he blamed this on the fact that he'd left his Bible sitting on the shelf for all those years. Apparently he recognized his mistake in this and returned to regular reading and preaching of the word, and the ministry took off. People started turning to Christ, joining his mission and spreading the word through the region.

The word of God is powerful and accomplishes what we can't in the hearts of men.
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
Some Christians understand this, but many don't, and there is no other means to grow in Christ.

Reactions: dev553344