To sin or not to sin that is the question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
TO SIN OR NOT TO SIN THAT IS THE QUESTION?!

Sin may not be a big deal to some in the body of Christ, but God abhors it. Those who condone it might as well be doing it themselves.
(5) Then He who was seated on the throne said, "I am re-creating all things." And He added, "Write down these words, for they are trustworthy and true."
(6) He also said, "They have now been fulfilled. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To those who are thirsty I will give the privilege of drinking from the well of the Water of Life without payment.
(7) All this shall be the heritage of him who overcomes, and I will be his God and he shall be one of My sons.
(8) But as for cowards and the unfaithful, and the polluted, and murderers, fornicators, and those who practise magic or worship idols, and all liars--the portion allotted to them shall be in the Lake which burns with fire and sulphur. This is the Second Death." Revelation 21:5-8
We are known by those we flock with, and those we condone. It’s one thing to be a catalyst for change and quite another to be a facilitator of sin and sinners. Sin is something to take serious, not lightly or for granted. The answer to the question is not to sin or condone it in others! Selah!
Shalom, Agape, and Amen!
Apostle Ray…………………

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is sin? Learn that and it will answer your question. The world looks at sin different than God. Read psalm 89 and you’ll begin to understand then read the purpose of the Holy Spirit reproving the world of sin.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to obey the commandments.

And that is easier for some people than others. God knows that.

For instance people that are married have less chances of sinning than single people. People that are mentally healthy have less chance of sinning than mentally ill people.

Last edited:

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For instance people that are married have less chances of sinning than single people. People that are mentally healthy have less chance of sinning than mentally ill people.
What commandments? Surely not speaking of the Ten Commandments. If your are you once again under the curse of the law which in Christ we have been redeemed.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What commandments? Surely not speaking of the Ten Commandments. If your are you once again under the curse of the law which in Christ we have been redeemed.
Ten commandments are still active commandments as pointed out in the OP's book of Revelation quote for those that don't think so. Don't be one of them.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is sin? Learn that and it will answer your question. The world looks at sin different than God. Read psalm 89 and you’ll begin to understand then read the purpose of the Holy Spirit reproving the world of sin.
For they believe NOT on me .
Thus what kind of gospel is this all inclusive one that pope francis preaches . They teach that other religons
both know and serve the same God we do . That is a lie and its unbelief in the ONLY name that can or could have saved anyone .
I want us all to think about that the next time they say god is love and yet this love they speak of allows
other religions to feel saved IN their religion . Cause that aint NO LOVE that comes from GOD .
GOD is love and this IS THE LOVE OF GOD , that HE SENT JESUS CHRIST to be the savoir of the world . That all who
DO BELIEVE IN HIM shall be saved , but those who BELIEVE NOT will be damned .
Let us think about this the next time a man tries to tell us muslims are fine , buddists are fine , they can beleive as they choose
cause god is love . Cause that is A LIE . And it comes not FROM GOD but from satan .
Any love that can allow and agree with this lie that other religions are saved and serving the same God we do , IS hate and death , NOT LOVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ten commandments are still active commandments as pointed out in the OP's book of Revelation quote for those that don't think so. Don't be one of them.
Lets explain this just a bit better for him . If one truly believes in Christ JESUS , they have the LOVE of GOD upon their hearts .
If they have the LOVE of GOD upon their hearts , they would LOVE what GOD calls GOOD and abhor what God has called evil .
They would in fact have the righteouness of the law upon their hearts . The love that comes FROM GOD
would have us walking righteously by the power of the indwelling HOLY GHOST .
The LOVE of GOD does not trangress the righteousness of the law . IT FULLFILLS IT .
Love does not transgress the holy words of GOD , it obeys them . From the heart . Not seeing the law as a means
to be made righteousness nor to be saved , but rather just having LOVE FOR THE TRUTH UPON our hearts .
Folks , IF WE have truly been born again , WE LOVE what GOD loves and we hate what HE hates . TIS that simple .
WE Are NEW creatures , REBORN by the SPIRIT wherein our heart has been truly changed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sin may not be a big deal to some in the body of Christ, but God abhors it. Those who condone it might as well be doing it themselves.
(5) Then He who was seated on the throne said, "I am re-creating all things." And He added, "Write down these words, for they are trustworthy and true."
(6) He also said, "They have now been fulfilled. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To those who are thirsty I will give the privilege of drinking from the well of the Water of Life without payment.
(7) All this shall be the heritage of him who overcomes, and I will be his God and he shall be one of My sons.
(8) But as for cowards and the unfaithful, and the polluted, and murderers, fornicators, and those who practise magic or worship idols, and all liars--the portion allotted to them shall be in the Lake which burns with fire and sulphur. This is the Second Death." Revelation 21:5-8
We are known by those we flock with, and those we condone. It’s one thing to be a catalyst for change and quite another to be a facilitator of sin and sinners. Sin is something to take serious, not lightly or for granted. The answer to the question is not to sin or condone it in others! Selah!
Shalom, Agape, and Amen!
Apostle Ray…………………
Yes indeed my friend . Let us look again at the title , TO SIN or NOT TO SIN .
Now GO and sin no more . JESUS answered that question . Let the LOVE that comes from GOD
be shed upon the hearts wherein we love what is pleasing to GOD and we abhor what HE calls evil .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus left us with two commandments——-#1 Believe. #2 Love. Take care of those two things and everything else will fall into place.....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with two commandments——-#1 Believe. #2 Love. Take care of those two things and everything else will fall into place.....
That is great for people that understand. But there is a reason why God pointed out what not to do. It is for people that don't understand and need to be told not to murder or steal and covet, commit whoredoms, etc. We need to be feasting on the whole bible not just one or two verses.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is great for people that understand. But there is a reason why God pointed out what not to do. It is for people that don't understand and need to be told not to murder or steal and covet, commit whoredoms, etc. We need to be feasting on the whole bible not just one or two verses.
This is what i mean by folks better know they follow the biblical JESUS . Because one who does , LOVES HIS EVERY WORD and
does not pick and choose what to follow , THEY LOVE IT ALL and EMBRACE IT ALL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no word of the LORD that is grievious unto a lamb . What is grievious unto a lamb is the very evil that is in our flesh .
For a monster it is and contrary to GOD it is . But always remember , GREATER IS HE in the lambs than that which is of the world .

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom, Agape, and Amen!
Apostle Ray…………………
I don't believe we have a right to sin, but why does God abhor sin? Is God harmed by sin or is it man that suffers the consequences of evil behavior? Is God a vengeful legalist, or is His character defined by love?

Reactions: Friends of Jesus

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If one is a Christian , they have something much better than any written Law.....the in-dwelling Spirit Of God....why settle for anything less?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe we have a right to sin, but why does God abhor sin? Is God harmed by sin or is it man that suffers the consequences of evil behavior? Is God a vengeful legalist, or is His character defined by love?

I can sin as much as I want to.....since I received my New Nature, I don't want to ......I could also stick my hand in a fire but I don’t want to do that either.......Obedience has its own built- in rewards....Sinning has Its own built- in punishments......a wise man rejects it.....

Reactions: michaelvpardo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is a Christian , they have something much better than any written Law.....the in-dwelling Spirit Of God....why settle for anything less?
The spirit isn't always there especially during temptation but sometimes is. God allows us to be tried by Satan and tempted. It's important to know what sin is and have it spelled out for us so we can avoid it.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All sins ultimately hurts the one that commits the sins......do we want to see our children hurt? Nope. Neither does God...

Reactions: michaelvpardo