To the Curmudgeons posting and responding with sour grapes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we have to agree to have a discussion? Here is something on fruit, you might want to look at, then we're done if you can choose to be offended.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
God defines the fruits of the spirit as given in Galatians 5:22-25. If these are not the fruits that someone is displaying then they are not of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ain't seeing much Fruit of the Spirit here.
If this was a testifying thread then I think there would be more fruit of God. Witnessing. But debates rarely turn out that way. Especially if the OP starts out with insults.

Which is why I gave my testimony in the things I have learned yield the fruits. Inviting the spirit of God thru good works is the best method I have found to be near him in spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not worried about sin because my old sin nature has already been dealt with and I'm righteous, and I don't sin willfully sins unto death. But the church doesn't talk much about the importance of holiness and perfection, but Jesus did. Those have to do with the fruit of the Spirit, not the sin nature, and it looks like we are responsible.

Got any tips for maturing your fruit?

2 Peter 1:9 He's talking about maturing in the fruit

9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
The Spirit is the fruit bearer as we see here in scripture...therefore those who are in the true vine/ Jesus, will bear his fruit....may take time though as he works in and through us....maturing us in the Spirit and growing his children..

just my thoughts..

Galatians 5:22-23

New International Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.Against such things there is no law.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm posting this again. Please read it.

Suppose someone can't perform "works"? Does that mean that their faith is dead? We are supposed to maintain our faith until we die, but old people can't necessarily do "works".
I have the same or similar question as others on the forum too @1stCenturyLady. What if we still fail in doing sin NOT unto death? Are you perfect in not doing all sins NOT unto death? Thank you!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it against the forum rules to 'call posters names (curmudgeons)'? I don't see that
'Fruit' in Galatians 5:22-23

Amen.
Lol Grace it's Hobbit food.
First you have to climb a 50 ft tree, then reach through briars and brambles that bite like a Venus flytrap, gently pull the fruit.
The hard part is getting it home and in the pot.......lol
Sorry for this silliness.

• Haha
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes being alone 24/7/365 with not even a pet for company gets lonely, so low on joy
I'm so sorry to hear that but it didn't answer my question. I will quote it below and you can do an explanation for me just so I can understand things better. Thanks a lot.
I have the same or similar question as others on the forum too @1stCenturyLady. What if we still fail in doing sin NOT unto death? Are you perfect in not doing all sins NOT unto death? Thank you!
And are you saying that sins NOT unto death is the fruit of the Spirit only? Not other deeds (works), walking by the Spirit in all that we do, in all good conscience, in all love for God and love and help for others? Thank you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it against the forum rules to 'call posters names (curmudgeons)'? I don't see that
'Fruit' in Galatians 5:22-23

Amen.
curmudgeons is a funny name to me. It is not meant with malice. Besides, I'm not calling someone that name, just if the name fits. And the post is to me mostly. I'm concerned for the Church as a whole. I've really only worked remaining sinless - righteous, and not so much on the fruit - perfect and holy. What do you work on besides pointing out what you believe are people's faults to them. I'm letting everyone judge themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moses_the_younger

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you not get any pet?
I had four die in two years. I'm 76 and my friends are thousands of miles away. If I die with a pet in the house, dogs would die of starvation, and cats would eat me. There was a woman in Nashville that died two years ago before the landlord even checked on her!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not by works: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

When the word works is used in the Bible it usually referring to obeying the Mosaic Law and obedience to the Mosaic Law does not "get" you saved or to heaven.

But on the other hand you will know Christians by the "fruits" of their lives. They are good and do good for others.

Again, Christianity is not a club we sign up for.....sign up and go on doing what we been doing. As Zig Ziglar use to say, You keep on doin' what you been doin' you are going to keep on gettin' what you been gettin'. Humor!

By our fruits we will be known and good fruits please the Lord.

Not a club! If we are not changed, we were not saved to begin with. Love one another......if we do not help those we can… according to the Sheep and the Goats we will go to hell. No ifs ands or buts. Go straight to hell to not pass go and do not collect 100 dollars. And you can look at the list of sins that will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of heaven.

2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suppose someone can't perform "works"? Does that mean that their faith is dead?
You know what if someone is completely debilitated or totally retarded....they are the ones that should be getting the help.

Its like always give to the church....if you cannot afford it....give a penny....don't have a penny offer your time.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the word works is used in the Bible it usually referring to obeying the Mosaic Law and obedience to the Mosaic Law does not "get" you saved or to heaven.

But on the other hand you will know Christians by the "fruits" of their lives. They are good and do good for others.

Again, Christianity is not a club we sign up for.....sign up and go on doing what we been doing. As Zig Ziglar use to say, You keep on doin' what you been doin' you are going to keep on gettin' what you been gettin'. Humor!

By our fruits we will be known and good fruits please the Lord.

Not a club! If we are not changed, we were not saved to begin with. Love one another......if we do not help those we can… according to the Sheep and the Goats we will go to hell. No ifs ands or buts. Go straight to hell to not pass go and do not collect 100 dollars. And you can look at the list of sins that will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of heaven.

2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
It's not sin we have to worry about as long as we get born again of the Spirit, because Jesus takes away the desire to willfully sin lawlessly by killing our sin nature, and either creating a new one, or completely cleansing the old one to sin no more. Actually what He does is circumcise the sin part off our nature without hands. Sinlessness is not the problem, He makes us righteous. He does that as the Author and Finisher of our Faith.

What He commanded us to be is Perfect which is Holy. 1 Peter 1:16. That requires us to be perfect in maturing all the fruit of the Spirit.

Hebrews 12:14. Without holiness no man shall see God. YIKES!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not sin we have to worry about as long as we get born again of the Spirit, because Jesus takes away the desire to willfully sin lawlessly by killing our sin nature, and either creating a new one, or completely cleansing the old one to sin no more. Actually what He does is circumcise the sin part off our nature without hands. Sinlessness is not the problem, He makes us righteous. He does that as the Author and Finisher of our Faith.

What He commanded us to be is Perfect which is Holy. 1 Peter 1:16. That requires us to be perfect in maturing all the fruit of the Spirit.

Hebrews 12:14. Without holiness no man shall see God. YIKES!
LOL Right on sister!!! We are changed!!!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Right on sister!!! We are changed!!!

Yes, but WE are responsible to maturing the fruit of the Spirit. Look at John 15:2

2 Every branch IN Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

That's what my OP is about.

Reactions: Grailhunter

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
curmudgeons is a funny name to me. It is not meant with malice. Besides, I'm not calling someone that name, just if the name fits. And the post is to me mostly. I'm concerned for the Church as a whole. I've really only worked remaining sinless - righteous, and not so much on the fruit - perfect and holy. What do you work on besides pointing out what you believe are people's faults to them. I'm letting everyone judge themselves.
I am so sorry, I apologize; may God Help me do better:

Rom_12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

Amen.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've thought a lot about someone IN Christ not bearing any fruit. It's not someone that doesn't go to church, but what they are doing through the week - being unequally yoked with unbelievers and your mind is on your pleasures, not ABIDING IN CHRIST.

It is easy for me to remain continuously abiding in Christ. I'm 76, divorced without cause so stuck alone, retired, so I'm rarely with an unbeliever for any length of time, and they never have a chance to influence me. But I imagine it is harder for younger folks, and especially younger folks dating. The work place is another source of the world depending on your works.

To keep bearing fruit we MUST be ABIDING IN CHRIST.

1 John 3:23-24 tells us how.

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

It is NOT keeping the Ten Commandments. We are already sinless of those. It is deeper - fruit!

Peter gives us an order: 5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

Again, you have to be abiding in Jesus to even do this list.

John 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Last edited: