To the heart that is heavy....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
O but he was a great teacher. Very knowledgable, especially on the Old Testament. Dr Dwight Swanson to you-look him up :)

I have never heard of Dr. Swanson. He might know something about the Old Testament, but he doesn't know squat about wine.

I am not at all interested in the teachings of commentators. I read the works of most major commentators waaay back in c. 1974. I find the Bible a very easy read and study on it's own. I don't need anyone to help me.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a winemaker, isn’t it amazing that Jesus turned water into wine in seconds. How long does making wine take you?

Without refrigeration, grape juice will turn into wine in a month, but then it's a good idea to let it sit for another month, to let the yeast settle at the bottom to clarify it. Cloudy wine is not all that popular.

Wine is used to mark a number of milestones in Jesus ministry. The wedding at Cana, The beginning of his ministry, the last Passover, on the cross, but the best is yet to come:It will also be on the menu for the celebration of Marriage Supper of the Lamb:

"The Lord of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain; A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, And refined, aged wine." Isaiah 25:6

proves HE created heaven, earth and universe in six days. (Why did HE take so long?)

No, He did not create the Heavens and the Earth and the Universe in six days. That all existed billions of years before Adam and Eve.

In the beginning, He created the Heavens and the earth. Gen 1.1, which was billions of years ago. But then something bad happened, and the earth became formless and void Gen 1:2 suggesting a previous judgement upon the earth.

Then, God created the new earth in 6 days. Whether those were actual 24 hour days, or as some interpret from the original, 6 eons, an eon being an unspecified period of time.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hope it’s good grape juice at His banquet :)

“If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they shall not be persuaded, even though ONE rises from the dead” Luke 16:31
Maybe you need a good Old Testament teacher too (especially if your adding ‘imaginary’ years to Genesis :) )

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' Words and Presence Daily Comfort us, yes. He brings us relief in a world full of pain, sorrow and deception.
His Words are not common,
and while He is always present , in Spirit and in Truth, the confusion and painful deception all around us in this world is
what He said we who serve Him will always have to endure/ put up with/ live trusting the Father,
basically everywhere we go - in person and video/ internet/ media ... (especially?) .....
Get alone with Him as He guides to green pasture (not online) and still waters (not online),
away from the turmoil (online and in person),
trusting the Heavenly Father to bring about His Promised Rest, Peace and Joy fully, DAILY.....

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a winemaker, isn’t it amazing that Jesus turned water into wine in seconds. How long does making wine take you?

proves HE created heaven, earth and universe in six days. (Why did HE take so long?)
His timing is with and in and by Perfect Wisdom concerning everything, all things, everywhere, and Perfect Knowledge.
Making perfect grape juice takes a few seconds today, when Jesus is Present, as the Father Directs and Permits. (don't expect this though until it is time , while trusting Him )

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
His timing is with and in and by Perfect Wisdom concerning everything, all things, everywhere, and Perfect Knowledge.
Making perfect grape juice takes a few seconds today, when Jesus is Present, as the Father Directs and Permits. (don't expect this though until it is time , while trusting Him )
He made more than grape juice...Wine takes at least a month according to our wine ‘expert’ above :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He made more than grape juice...Wine takes at least a month according to our wine ‘expert’ above :)
More study, or simple revelation from the Father in heaven is needed then, for His Wisdom (from above), and His Understanding in Christ Jesus.
Until then, He May be waiting (His Own Reasons / Choice/ Wisdom) to give the Peace and Joy and Righteousness.

p.s. I learned long ago, like others, not to trust 'experts'... (I did not read any of those other posts, only yours that I replied to, today)

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hope it’s good grape juice at His banquet :)

“If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they shall not be persuaded, even though ONE rises from the dead” Luke 16:31
Maybe you need a good Old Testament teacher too (especially if your adding ‘imaginary’ years to Genesis :) )

That's just basic science and theology.

Gen 1;1 says in the beginning. And we know that the beginning of the universe was something like 5 billion years ago. And Gen 1:1 was not the first day. It was in the beginning, before the first day.

I am not adding anything to Scripture. I am just reading what it says, but you are deleting from what it says.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
More study, or simple revelation from the Father in heaven is needed then, for His Wisdom (from above), and His Understanding in Christ Jesus.
Until then, He May be waiting (His Own Reasons / Choice/ Wisdom) to give the Peace and Joy and Righteousness.

p.s. I learned long ago, like others, not to trust 'experts'... (I did not read any of those other posts, only yours that I replied to, today)
I don’t trust anybody

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t trust anybody
The Creator, with Yahushua, (Jesus), totally faithful and true, trustworthy... and trust is required for life (trusting God)....

Trusting men , brings a curse....

Trust God Instead, Always, He Never Fails.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus' Words and Presence Daily Comfort us, yes. He brings us relief in a world full of pain, sorrow and deception.
His Words are not common,
and while He is always present , in Spirit and in Truth, the confusion and painful deception all around us in this world is
what He said we who serve Him will always have to endure/ put up with/ live trusting the Father,
basically everywhere we go - in person and video/ internet/ media ... (especially?) .....
Get alone with Him as He guides to green pasture (not online) and still waters (not online),
away from the turmoil (online and in person),
trusting the Heavenly Father to bring about His Promised Rest, Peace and Joy fully, DAILY.....
As you posed the question, are you weary of church-is your heart heavy too?