• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this but it must be unto God, the author and finisher of of faith that we must give heed to in spite of our human tendencies to cling to the known .

There are times we let the voices become louder to distract from that voice of the Spirit whether through doubt or fear or just a lack of faith.

I would so love to only hear HIS echoing voice through my mind and heart. To have the blind trust and love of the sheep to the shepherd to even be led to the slaughtering.
I like to be playing in the background choral hymns (not bands with singers), of the old time good doctrine hymns, and also audio Bible. It helps my thoughts become ordered Scripturally. Not to mention I have my line up of preachers I listen to.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we fail to be attentive and listen that we may hear his voice and ONLY HIS, what might we forfeit ?

For as above say how shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation ?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to be playing in the background choral hymns (not bands with singers), of the old time good doctrine hymns, and also audio Bible. It helps my thoughts become ordered Scripturally. Not to mention I have my line up of preachers I listen to.

Much love!

I have to have complete silence when studying the word that I might hear the Spirits direction but after, I love to rejoice in music .

There are some words to certain songs that paraphrase the word and move my heart to eat his writ in song and rejoice with Thanksgiving.

Reactions: marks

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has NOT changed, he still sits on his throne listening to earth's cry of sin.

He still hears those that repent and turn to him with forgiveness offered.

What more must we hear to totally sell out to his will.
We have his word , God's day planner if you will. He has recorded what we must know and focus on.

We too must be folk of action; after hearing the " Good News", we must share and spread the news as far as we can. Make it flash faster than the breaking news of the
world !

Our antenna must be pointed upwards and in tune,not focused as a satellite dish on every voice that cries out.

He is the ONLY WAY, THE ONLY TRUTH AND THE ONLY LIFE!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to have complete silence when studying the word that I might hear the Spirits direction but after, I love to rejoice in music .

There are some words to certain songs that paraphrase the word and move my heart to eat his writ in song and rejoice with Thanksgiving.
Mostly I was meaning while I'm working, in my car, chores at home, like that. But then again, for me, it works well to have hymns softly playing in the background while I study.

I like how good spiritual music seems to communicate Godly emotion straight into my heart. And it can quiet down those other voices.

And the forum helps too!

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly I was meaning while I'm working, in my car, chores at home, like that. But then again, for me, it works well to have hymns softly playing in the background while I study.

I like how good spiritual music seems to communicate Godly emotion straight into my heart. And it can quiet down those other voices.

And the forum helps too!

Much love!
I think in this age to keep our focus correct we must have a source of peace to quiet the other voices. Music is a peaceful blessing in such times.

I too have an audio bible that I love. Since I prefer the KJV of his writ the reader is English born and the word rolls from him like a gently flowing stream blessing my heart and feeding my soul.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think in this age to keep our focus correct we must have a source of peace to quiet the other voices. Music is a peaceful blessing in such times.

I took have an audio bible that I love. Since I prefer the KJV of his writ the reader is English born and the word rolls from him like a gently flowing stream blessing my heart and feeding my soul.
I think my favorite Audio Bible is,

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we help one another HEAR the shepherd's voice only ?

What can we say that will cause folks to LISTEN, not to us but to him; for he has the words of life.

We must speak only his TRUTH and he must be the only focal point we display. Not for our glory but to point to him.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my favorite Audio Bible is,

Much love!
Mine has no musical background but only the voice quoting the word. It seems to me a conversation between the 2 of us.
I'll stop the player when the Spirit gives me thought and I'll discuss what I received with the author.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

I have tried to design a web site that encourages the correct energy and light... Mentally, Spiritually, and Intellectually. So far at 3.4 million views so not to bad...

All kinds of things these days that have the opposite effect.

Nothing = Absolute Zero and Darkness (Z/d)

Naturally - Outer Space - Nothing
Mentally - No positive mental activity
Spiritually - Z (Laziness, Coldness, Hatred) / d (fear, depression, greed, sorrow)

I just subscribed.... I love Bluegrass (and many styles of music) ----Rockytop!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine has no musical background but only the voice quoting the word. It seems to me a conversation between the 2 of us.
I'll stop the player when the Spirit gives me thought and I'll discuss what I received with the author.
The music is just in the intro, this was recorded for the radio show on Family Radio.

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The music is just in the intro, this was recorded for the radio show on Family Radio.

Much love!
Those of God's that are true seek to implant the word by hearing the word by the Spirit.

By any means, BUY THE TRUTH AND SELL IT NOT. FREELY WE RECEIVE, FREELY WE MUST ALSO GIVE IN LOVE!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we help one another HEAR the shepherd's voice only ?

What can we say that will cause folks to LISTEN, not to us but to him; for he has the words of life.

We must speak only his TRUTH and he must be the only focal point we display. Not for our glory but to point to him.

I don't think you can tell (or help) anyone to hear the Shepherd's voice. His sheep know his voice-- they recognize it, when he calls.

I mean.... I guess you could walk around with a trumpet---- Wake Up Sheep! -that might help. ;)

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you can tell (or help) anyone to hear the Shepherd's voice. His sheep know his voice-- they recognize it, when he calls.

I mean.... I guess you could walk around with a trumpet---- Wake Up Sheep! -that might help. ;)
Lol.
Well they did use the shofar to announce when the majestic were in presence.......lol

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin
That you for your input into this thread.
You are the least aggressive of your group and rarely have I read where your knickers were in a bunch and you lashed out @ others.

I have decided that one's salvation or lack thereof is in God's hands and NOT mine to judge.

Hear the voice of the shepherd and FOLLOW his voice only ,if that is your journey and another's voice you ignore; good for you.

When we seek him diligently,he will be found. Jesus is the door to the sheep- fold and another's voice we MUST NOT FOLLOW.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to add this thought also; there is the voice of the Spirit to direct us in the ways of the Lord but we must also listen to ourselves and not blindly follow another. We have reasoning,let us use it. If it sounds right, then vet it by God's word.Screenshot_20230109-051613~2.png