• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We hear from politicians, home & family, colleagues,and the GREAT VOICES THAT KNOW IT ALL.
Even among Christendom there are too many voices,lay persons, teachers, preachers, theologians, fanatics, cultists it goes on and on.

It is no wonder folks have selective hearing .( Half listening and hearing only what they want to
hear ).

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first voice man heard was God who formed him. Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day......
Before Satan began yapping with his voice to man to disobey the command of God, when God spoke with the man it was a relationship of love and trust.

Reactions: amadeus

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John chapter 10, Jesus discussed his role as the shepherd of his flock and his sheep's response.

Jesus is answering the questions of the Pharisees when we enter this chapter . He tells them they would not believe his answer of truth if he were to tell them.

He goes into detail here about his sheep hearing the voice of the shepherd and that only will they follow.

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He speaks of those who do not enter the fold by the door ( Jesus says that he is the door and his sheep open and answer to him)

Those that enter another way are thieves and robbers. They do not have the welfare of the sheep @ heart.

Do you perhaps listen to others whom only want to self glory and talk about how well learned they are or how God shows THEM great things and talks only to them in revealing his mysteries?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:4/5 Jesus talks about the sheep only following his voice and not following a strangers voice.

He also tells them about the hireling who cares not for the sheep for they are not his own and when the wolves come in to destroy the herd all the hireling cares for is himself so he flees leaving the flock to be destroyed and killed.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you or I been seduced by the voices of thieves, robbers, hirelings and has our faith been destroyed or even killed by their likes?

Whose voice do you listen for in your heart and soul. Who do you long to tell your troubles to? God is waiting to hear and talk with us in prayer and through his word. We only need KNOW his voice.

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hear the above, is there to many voices clamoring to tell you "WHAT GOD HAS TO SAY"?

He hears us when we are contrite and broken hearted. He leads us unto green pastures and living waters.
He speaks with us in the midst of the storm or in the valley of dry bones.

He is NEVER to far from hearing those that call upon him.

False prophets and false messages are rampant today, but you have a choice to whom you listen, listen for that small still voice, not the one that's loudest begging to be heard.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today there are too many voices clamoring to be heard...........in our heads.View attachment 28252
The scene of this world has certainly changed for sure, out of those voices consider this one:
(Isaiah 30:21) . . .And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way. Walk in it,”. . .

Reactions: amadeus and Keturah

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John chapter 10, Jesus discussed his role as the shepherd of his flock and his sheep's response.

Jesus is answering the questions of the Pharisees when we enter this chapter . He tell them they would not believe his answer of truth if he were to tell them.

He goes into detail here about his sheep hearing the voice of the shepherd and that only will they follow.
Yes John 10:4-5 and "ears to hear" found in several places! The key, I believe, is the Holy Spirit in us doing the leading. Lots of us too often are quenching the Spirit so as to follow our own pet doctrines or our favorite teachers among men.
Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

Reactions: Mr E and Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes John 10:4-5 and "ears to hear" found in several places! The key, I believe, is the Holy Spirit in us doing the leading. Lots of us too often are quenching the Spirit so as to follow our own pet doctrines or our favorite teachers among men.
Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19
I agree with this but it must be unto God, the author and finisher of of faith that we must give heed to in spite of our human tendencies to cling to the known .

There are times we let the voices become louder to distract from that voice of the Spirit whether through doubt or fear or just a lack of faith.

I would so love to only hear HIS echoing voice through my mind and heart. To have the blind trust and love of the sheep to the shepherd to even be led to the slaughtering.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scene of this world has certainly changed for sure, out of those voices consider this one:
(Isaiah 30:21) . . .And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way. Walk in it,”. . .
'O for that voice to be the only shield from the ugliness that sin has caused upon this world, what joy !

Time and again to have that first flush of love for him where He is our entire focus.

Where none of the anxieties or fears or doubts could get past that time to just bask in communion with him in prayer and the study of his word.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this but it must be unto God, the author and finisher of of faith that we must give heed to in spite of our human tendencies to cling to the known .

There are times we let the voices become louder to distract from that voice of the Spirit whether through doubt or fear or just a lack of faith.

I would so love to only hear HIS echoing voice through my mind and heart. To have the blind trust and love of the sheep to the shepherd to even be led to the slaughtering.
Every day and more than once a day, we need to surrender to God and ask God to help us in our surrender so that His voice will always be the one up front speaking to us clearly so as to make no mistake.

I believe in Bible study and am a Bible student, but the brain of the best student will NOT alone be able to stay always on the right track to the end of the road toward God and His goal for us. Our brain is also our flesh:

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12
People will then want to lean on this verse:

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15
The key, of course, is in our studies of the Bible to always be led and guided by the Holy Spirit:

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

I have tried to design a web site that encourages the correct energy and light... Mentally, Spiritually, and Intellectually. So far at 3.4 million views so not to bad...

All kinds of things these days that have the opposite effect.

Nothing = Absolute Zero and Darkness (Z/d)

Naturally - Outer Space - Nothing
Mentally - No positive mental activity
Spiritually - Z (Laziness, Coldness, Hatred) / d (fear, depression, greed, sorrow)

Reactions: Mr E

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us HEAR all the words of God that the Spirit will reveal that we will not be kept from entering his rest due to unbelief.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

I have tried to design a web site that encourages the correct energy and light... Mentally, Spiritually, and Intellectually. So far at 3.4 million views so not to bad...

All kinds of things these days that have the opposite effect.

Nothing = Absolute Zero and Darkness (Z/d)

Naturally - Outer Space - Nothing
Mentally - No positive mental activity
Spiritually - Z (Laziness, Coldness, Hatred) / d (fear, depression, greed, sorrow)

I will visit your link.
From just reading your equations I'm sure it will be greater than I can receive.
Thank you.