Traders and Investors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nasdaq tops 15,000 for first time, S&P 500 sets new record

Nasdaq tops 15,000 for first time, S&P 500 sets new record

How long is this going to last under Biden? I keep hearing some people at work saying "hurry up and crash so I can get back in it." People who have jumped out of the stock market for a little while don't want to get back in when it's this high. Nowhere to go but back down they say. For someone getting close to retirement is 30% in the S&P 500 a safe place to remain?

I will not even attempt to touch that question, my friend! I'm a new student since November, and its been stormy since then. Nothing has been typical since March 2020. Even so, I am extremely small time. I invest on stash and up to $300 in investments.

My game plan for retirement is to keep working my govt job for at least another 3 years, in which I will become pension eligible. I am working on my credit score and my investments are all geared to raising about 5-10K for a down payment on a house. I may in the next year look at 401Ks. I am 52 so I am pretty close myself.

I would ask this question to a financial advisor. Eventually I will too.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well last monday would've been a terrific time to invest in the US markets... And right after we talked about how terrible Mondays are to trade!

There is alot of things going on right now and I am amazed the markets are at all time highs with it all. I can do nothing but watch and learn. I got a few bucks ready to invest but I am waiting for things to settle. Since Monday my returns have gone from 1.9% to 4.9%. Happy about that, but it'll drop down soon and hopefully rebound again like it did last week.

NVDA went from 207 to 190 then closed at 222 today. My newest venture is Dicks sporting goods (great history of slowly and steadily rising) went from 105 friday morning to closing at 129 today. Most of my other stocks did well, but not as well as these two. Even the ones that were losers were just marginal.

I am down 4.4% today, not the worst, not the best, I tried half a share from the Rea group the other day, it's the biggest Online Property Advertising service in Australia, I think results may be a bit disappointing come to 1st quarter of this financial year though due to lockdowns, so only dipping my toes in the water with this one at the moment, as volumes of sales may fall quite a bit in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra (house prices are still rapidly rising though.)

This week’s Australian Property Market Update

But looking at it's history, REA share prices have just about been going up every year since 2001, that it is nearly guaranteed, with the last 5 years avergaging about 32% rises, the only time the price really takes a big dive is during a stock market crash, but it has always recovered pretty well.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am down 4.4% today, not the worst, not the best, I tried half a share from the Rea group the other day, it's the biggest Online Property Advertising service in Australia, I think results may be a bit disappointing come to 1st quarter of this financial year though due to lockdowns, so only dipping my toes in the water with this one at the moment, as volumes of sales may fall quite a bit in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra (house prices are still rapidly rising though.)

This week’s Australian Property Market Update

But looking at it's history, REA share prices have just about been going up every year since 2001, that it is nearly guaranteed, with the last 5 years avergaging about 32% rises, the only time the price really takes a big dive is during a stock market crash, but it has always recovered pretty well.

Nearly halved my portfolio losses today, thanks to my oyster stocks, that rose over 7%.

That's the benefits of a diversified portfolio, it reduces overall risk, if one sector is losing and another wins, it can really balance things out.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nearly halved my portfolio losses today, thanks to my oyster stocks, that rose over 7%.
Why am I sooooooo shocked to discover that you are into this stuff?? LOL...

I think I have envisioned you to be like Joseph... busy in your little wood shop all day... free from all the cares of the world... LOL

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why am I sooooooo shocked to discover that you are into this stuff?? LOL...

I think I have envisioned you to be like Joseph... busy in your little wood shop all day... free from all the cares of the world... LOL

My aims at the moment are to pay of my land and find the money to get a house built, the idea of this is to make money on top my money and not lose money under my money to hopefully get to these goals quicker (easier said than done), I am still learning about this trading/investing thing, have just recently decided to go down the investing path or "up the path" I would be better saying. Lolz

And I am currently in lockdown.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I am currently in lockdown.
I have not paid attention to the lock downs around the world... We are just out of ours...
Things are open... almost to full capacity... but mask mandates and social distancing are still a thing.
I don't mind this at all... I go for groceries early in the morning... and I come home...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since we last talked, we had a really great, record breaking week followed by a terrible, humiliating week! As it stands now, I came out ok! What I lost last week was less than what I gained the previous week, and Friday... I invested more! Hope everyone else did ok too!

I want to share a thought with you on a statistic I have been looking at: "1 year target". This statistic shows what "experts" think a stock will be at 1 year from now...

What a load of garbage!

Lets look at NVDA...Arguably the hottest stock in the last 6 months. Its currently at 224.78. Its 1 year target is 226.40. Really? Am I expecting only to mame less than 2 bucks per share on this over the next year?

Lets look at Berkshire Hathaway...currently at 277.60 but expected to top 328 in a year. Yeah... I'd buy! And frankly, I own some. I am hoping, of course it will rise.

But in any sense... 1 year target. I read about it and the accuracy of this statistic is 30-54%. No thanks! If it were 66-75% my interest would be peaked. If it were 85-90%, life would be easy! I mean... Weather forecasters have a greater success rate!

Anyway, just thought that was funny. Anyone else have input on this 1 year target by "experts"?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, since we last talked, we had a really great, record breaking week followed by a terrible, humiliating week! As it stands now, I came out ok! What I lost last week was less than what I gained the previous week, and Friday... I invested more! Hope everyone else did ok too!

I want to share a thought with you on a statistic I have been looking at: "1 year target". This statistic shows what "experts" think a stock will be at 1 year from now...

What a load of garbage!

Lets look at NVDA...Arguably the hottest stock in the last 6 months. Its currently at 224.78. Its 1 year target is 226.40. Really? Am I expecting only to mame less than 2 bucks per share on this over the next year?

Lets look at Berkshire Hathaway...currently at 277.60 but expected to top 328 in a year. Yeah... I'd buy! And frankly, I own some. I am hoping, of course it will rise.

But in any sense... 1 year target. I read about it and the accuracy of this statistic is 30-54%. No thanks! If it were 66-75% my interest would be peaked. If it were 85-90%, life would be easy! I mean... Weather forecasters have a greater success rate!

Anyway, just thought that was funny. Anyone else have input on this 1 year target by "experts"?

Lolz 1 year targets are quite unaccurate, stock forecasting is not like weather forecasts, I think a lot of the stock predictions are based of what the stocks have done in the past and what the moving average trend lines look like and what direction they have been travelling in.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just put a little bit into a Aussie Nickel/Cobalt stock today. While people are going crazy about Lithium again, a lot of Aussie Nickel/Cobalt explorer and mining stocks can still be picked up for peanuts a share, sooner or later others are going to realize that there are EV battery metals other than Lithium. And as the world looks for ethically mined cobalt, I believe the Aussie cobalt miners are going to benefit.

Also interesting to see where the Cobalt price is at, the Cobalt price has been very volatile, the all time high Cobalt price was in March 2018 at $95250 USD/T, it's at $51500 USD/T at the moment.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FHII I am up a few dollars this week. For the whole month I have moved about $30 up from where I was this time last month, and have moved $75 up from the day with the most losses last month, I could have got on board of some 200-300% rockets, but chose not to, sooner or later the pumpers are going to get into a bit of trouble.

The Dow Jones has been shockers this month though, I wonder if this is the end of the bull market for them, or just a month for a pullback.

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FHII I am up a few dollars this week. For the whole month I have moved about $30 up from where I was this time last month, and have moved $75 up from the day with the most losses last month, I could have got on board of some 200-300% rockets, but chose not to, sooner or later the pumpers are going to get into a bit of trouble.

The Dow Jones has been shockers this month though, I wonder if this is the end of the bull market for them, or just a month for a pullback.
Sheesh, I don't know! I may hold back on investing a bit, but I am still going to set an allotment of money each week anyway, just to be ready.

Reactions: Josho

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone got a current thought on investing in real estate at this time?

Overall, it seems like a solid, conservative investment for the long run. Population is going up, and Gos isn't making more land to live on!
I have been looking at ALEX. They are based in Hawaii, which is interesting. There is a land mass without a lot of land! And they are up 113% in the last year.

But... Its Hawaii. Never been there, but its a challenging place because its difficult to get supplies they don't have. Furthermore, it thrives on tourists. It'll always be strong, but the industry won't. At $23 a share... Seems like a good thing. But then again... There are reasons wby its only $23!

In any sense... Real estate: pro or con at this point?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone got a current thought on investing in real estate at this time?

Overall, it seems like a solid, conservative investment for the long run. Population is going up, and Gos isn't making more land to live on!
I have been looking at ALEX. They are based in Hawaii, which is interesting. There is a land mass without a lot of land! And they are up 113% in the last year.

But... Its Hawaii. Never been there, but its a challenging place because its difficult to get supplies they don't have. Furthermore, it thrives on tourists. It'll always be strong, but the industry won't. At $23 a share... Seems like a good thing. But then again... There are reasons wby its only $23!

In any sense... Real estate: pro or con at this point?

Well one of the real estate stocks Domain an online real estate advertising site in Australia is $5.51, the other one Rea Group which owns realestate.com.au is 156.60 a share, when it comes to Market cap Rea is 6x more at 20.6 Billion AUD compared to Domain's 3.34 billion AUD.

Btw ALEX's Market cap is currently 1.74b USD. It would be worth seeing if they have any Hawaiian competitors listed on the stock market.

In saying that realestate.com.au is number one for online real estate advertising in Australia and Domain is number 2.

Some are expecting a housing price crash though, I saw that the house prices got smashed in mainland USA around the GFC in 2008 (not sure about Hawaii), but I did not notice it effecting Australia's house prices.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well one of the real estate stocks Domain an online real estate advertising site in Australia is $5.51, the other one Rea Group which owns realestate.com.au is 156.60 a share, when it comes to Market cap Rea is 6x more at 20.6 Billion AUD compared to Domain's 3.34 billion AUD.

Btw ALEX's Market cap is currently 1.74b USD. It would be worth seeing if they have any Hawaiian competitors listed on the stock market.

In saying that realestate.com.au is number one for online real estate advertising in Australia and Domain is number 2.

Some are expecting a housing price crash though, I saw that the house prices got smashed in mainland USA around the GFC in 2008 (not sure about Hawaii), but I did not notice it effecting Australia's house prices.

I presume you're a huge fan Nancy "the abortionist" Pelosi. You should follow her stock picks. She gets all of the insider information not available to the public on companies that she regulates. Then, she buys stocks in companies based on that insider information and she makes a KILLING! That's how she came to be worth close to $400 MILLION now!

Just look at these returns!

https://twitter.com/NancyTracker/status/1448374303473405952

Nancy Pelosi Portfolio Tracker

@NancyTracker

Returns, Last 10 Years: Pelosi Capital: +2,420,029% Bitcoin $BTC: +1,407,307% Tesla $TSLA: +14,422% NVIDIA $NVDA: +5,782% Netflix $NFLX: +3,653% Domino's $DPZ: 1,918% Amazon $AMZN: +1,291% Microsoft $MSFT: +1,254% Apple $AAPL: +1,024% S&P 500 $SPY: +338% Gold $GLD: +3%

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its been a while... Anyone still investing? Anyone still interested? I'll start.

Last two weeks have been bad! First time since I've invested that I have lost money on my overall investments. After today though I finally got back in the green (or black) and out of the negative. I just wonder for how long... The futures for tomorrow look promising but not overly so.

I am heavily invested in European and Indian ETFs. They are taking a beating! The new virus variant and all...

NVDA is showing signs of weakness. It peaked at $347 and was typically at $330 or so. It dipped down to $274 and fast. I am holding on for now and hoping it gets back to at least $330 (its at $290 now) before selling and the watching.

Then you have CVS. This is a drug store that flourished under the corona virus era. Now they announced they will be closing 90 stores in the next two years. I sold. Dollar General (DG) announced an impressive plan to pick up the slack. I bought! What has happened? CVS is up 7.6% and DG is down 7.6%... Ugh!

Then there is CCS. Josho, you alerted me about this stock. Like a sheep, I bought immediately and got burned (not blaming or complaining). But since October they are up roughly 24%, even with the fall in the last two weeks. You said they would come back and they did!

So... What now? We got a new strain of virus that has potential to spook investors like in March 2020, a U.S. President and Congress that couldn't its plan through, supply chains that have been down but we are told they are improving, and of course... Christmas where people will spend money on retail and travel (or will they?).

My plan: Lord willing I am going to be patient and remember that "time in" is more important than "timing". But I am going to pay attention to timing... As in, I will be watching futures. Except with NVDA... I got a feeling this stock isn't ever going to see north of $330 again. Its competitors have wised up.

Thoughts... Comments?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its been a while... Anyone still investing? Anyone still interested? I'll start.

Last two weeks have been bad! First time since I've invested that I have lost money on my overall investments. After today though I finally got back in the green (or black) and out of the negative. I just wonder for how long... The futures for tomorrow look promising but not overly so.

I am heavily invested in European and Indian ETFs. They are taking a beating! The new virus variant and all...

NVDA is showing signs of weakness. It peaked at $347 and was typically at $330 or so. It dipped down to $274 and fast. I am holding on for now and hoping it gets back to at least $330 (its at $290 now) before selling and the watching.

Then you have CVS. This is a drug store that flourished under the corona virus era. Now they announced they will be closing 90 stores in the next two years. I sold. Dollar General (DG) announced an impressive plan to pick up the slack. I bought! What has happened? CVS is up 7.6% and DG is down 7.6%... Ugh!

Then there is CCS. Josho, you alerted me about this stock. Like a sheep, I bought immediately and got burned (not blaming or complaining). But since October they are up roughly 24%, even with the fall in the last two weeks. You said they would come back and they did!

So... What now? We got a new strain of virus that has potential to spook investors like in March 2020, a U.S. President and Congress that couldn't its plan through, supply chains that have been down but we are told they are improving, and of course... Christmas where people will spend money on retail and travel (or will they?).

My plan: Lord willing I am going to be patient and remember that "time in" is more important than "timing". But I am going to pay attention to timing... As in, I will be watching futures. Except with NVDA... I got a feeling this stock isn't ever going to see north of $330 again. Its competitors have wised up.

Thoughts... Comments?

Looks like the market has finally settled down, having my best week so far on the stock market, up nearly $900 this week, went up $450 on Monday (best day so far) and $430 today.

Lithium stocks and Cobalt Blue are rocking!

Reactions: FHII

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Traders and Investors
Make your money before the rapture otherwise you'll loose the lot!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the market has finally settled down, having my best week so far on the stock market, up nearly $900 this week, went up $450 on Monday (best day so far) and $430 today.

Lithium stocks and Cobalt Blue are rocking!
Yes, the markets do seem to be stabilizing a little now... Again, I don't do day trading, but rather small investing over the long haul.

I pulled a lot of my money out, but a little too late. Even so, I cut a lot of losses. I put some money into a gold etf and did well. I put the rest into bonds and an oil etf and they did well. Its funny how they tend to increase when the DOW, S&P and NASDAQ go down, and vice versa.

Berkshire Hathaway has done well for me lately as well! Overall though, I am down about 1.2% where I was up 4-5% at one time.

Now, what to do about Europe other global stocks! I still am watching the Ukraine problem.

Reactions: Josho

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody trade or invest in the market?

Just curious because it's always in the news.

Yes, in fact I was hoodwinked about six months ago with a certain cryptocurrency investment. I was told its value would increase exponentially coming up, and it was being promoted as the next Ethereum. Half a year has passed, and this crypto coin lost half the value I bought it as earlier, but it’s recouped a bit. Fortunately I only invested $400 in it, so I didn’t lose much.

I’m thinking I fell for a pump-and-dump scheme. Watch out for these. It’s best to stick to index funds and reliable mutual funds, in my opinion.

Reactions: Josho and FHII