Tradition of men?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that is because you are WILLFULLY confusing the body of Christ with your denomination.

no I know there are no denominations only one Christ one savior one new covenant church founded by Christ on Peter all the rest are man made sects filled with every error

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a difference between who was inspired by God to write scripture and the teaching authority of the apostles found in Matt 16:18 28:19 Jn 20:21-23

Mathew and Jude thaddaeus were apostles

Matt 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

But some apostles wrote not scripture only taught thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
And someone along the line had to decide which writings were inspired by God and belonged in the Bible, and which weren't.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And someone along the line had to decide which writings were inspired by God and belonged in the Bible, and which weren't.
Yes it is the successors of the apostles having the authority of Christ not the “tradition of men” like those under king James

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is the successors of the apostles having the authority of Christ not the “tradition of men” like those under king James
Some might argue that God allowed the Bible to be put together as it was, as opposed to the Lord putting the Bible together. They might want to know why women were excluded from the process.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judaism is not a false religion. It's an incomplete one. Jesus followed the Jewish canon that was later agreed on.

How are either of these claims proven? In the first case St. John says "whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also." If by "incomplete" you mean "recognizes some truths but lacks others" then sure, but practically every religion is incomplete then, but we still call them false. In the second I just do not see how one can know what canon He followed.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How are either of these claims proven? In the first case St. John says "whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also." If by "incomplete" you mean "recognizes some truths but lacks others" then sure, but practically every religion is incomplete then, but we still call them false. In the second I just do not see how one can know what canon He followed.

Can we not distinguish between a religion that was the true one until Christ came along and a religion that has always been false?

We know which books Jesus quoted from, and none are outside the Jewish canon..

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we not distinguish between a religion that was the true one until Christ came along and a religion that has always been false?

We know which books Jesus quoted from, and none are outside the Jewish canon..

Do you only recognize the books Jesus quoted from then? For the books He quoted from are included in many canons.

And I do not think Post-Temple Rabbinic Judaism has ever been true. The religion of Adam, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah, Malachi, Jesus, the Apostles, and us is one continuous faith and religion. We did not come from another religion, we simply are the one true religion which has existed always. Any religion that is true has always been true, only false religions change in status. What people call "Judaism" today has never been true.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some might argue that God allowed the Bible to be put together as it was, as opposed to the Lord putting the Bible together. They might want to know why women were excluded from the process.
Only done correctly by the authority of the apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did Jesus instruct the church to subordinate women?
What are you referring to?
Only a man can be a father and a priest is a spiritual father having spiritual children

the most glorious in the whole new covenant kingdom of God and church and household of faith is not only a women but thee woman Gen 3:15 Mary mother of God, ever Virgin, immaculate queen of heaven!

Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you referring to?
Only a man can be a father and a priest is a spiritual father having spiritual children

the most glorious in the whole new covenant kingdom of God and church and household of faith is not only a women but thee woman Gen 3:15 Mary mother of God, ever Virgin, immaculate queen of heaven!

Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

A good tree!

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!
I can't remember God or Jesus ever saying women can't be priests. God had Deborah judge over Israel.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't remember God or Jesus ever saying women can't be priests. God had Deborah judge over Israel.

how many female apostles did Christ appoint?

how many female priests were there in the old covenant priesthood?

so it remains they can be nuns and mother superiors school teachers and mothers but only a man be a priest and father

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:15 says something different in a non Catholic bible.

Gen 315 'And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." KJV

Also "Queen of Heaven" is spoken of in Jeremiah:

Jer 7:18 The sons gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; they pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke Me to anger

Jer 44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

just because there was a false queen of heaven does not exclude the true Queen of heaven

in the line of david the mother of the king is queen

and Christ is king in the line of david so Mary is queen
Lk 1:32-33

A good tree!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Salvation is to be found with Mary!
Jesus Christ is our salvation! Lk 2:30
He is Lord, and He is with Mary! Lk 1:28
Mary found our salvation! Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen 315 'And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." KJV

Jer 7:18 The sons gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; they pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke Me to anger

Jer 44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

All graces come from the merits of Christ, from His passion and death and come thru Mary to the glory of Her only begotten Son!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Queen Esther
Fair Esther 2:7
Mary all fair Song of Solomon 4:12
Found Favor Esther 2:17
Mary found favor with God Lk 1:30
Esther saves her people interceding with the king
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.
Crown of stars = queen Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

those versions of the Bible like KJV are tradition of men not apostolic
They deleted many books and chapters Like Daniel 13 the story of Susana’s great faith! Ever read it? Most Protestants never even heard of it but it is about her purity faith and absolute trust in God!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how many female apostles did Christ appoint?

how many female priests were there in the old covenant priesthood?

so it remains they can be nuns and mother superiors school teachers and mothers but only a man be a priest and father
It wouldn't have worked well having men and women travel together.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't have worked well having men and women travel together.

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!
And where did God or Jesus say, "Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls"?