Tradition of men?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where did God or Jesus say, "Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls"?

I sent verses for what I said

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls,

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sent verses for what I said

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls,
You sent a lot of information that was difficult to sift through. Can you please answer my question: Where did God or Jesus say, "Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls"?

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sent a lot of information that was difficult to sift through. Can you please answer my question: Where did God or Jesus say, "Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls"?

Why are you limiting it to God or Jesus?
Scripture not good enough?
The church’s teaching authority not good enough?

Jn 21:17
Jesus Christ commanded Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are confused, as always. Confusing a specific command to be a general authority granted to your denomination. Re-read John 21:17 again. Peter was told to do something. Peter. Not the RCC as organized 15 centuries later.

At best, the command applies to all the saints. At worst, only Peter. Either way, the text in no way establishes dominion of your denomination over all the little people.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I limit myself to God and Jesus because only they are perfect.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are misquoting me. Even so, to answer one of your questions (What authority does Christ have?), Jesus lived a sinless life, and that gave him the authority. I believe that also explains his power.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tradition of men under king James (KJV bible)

who has authority from Christ to decide what is and what is not scripture?

what was scripture before the KJV?

why is the faith story of Susana in dan 13 not scripture in the 66 books bible?

luther said James Jude and revelation are not scripture, so who has apostolic authority from Christ to decide???

the list of the Ten Commandments are not scripture, the whole thing is scripture and listed but we don’t have the tablets so who decides where the 1st ends and the second begins?

chapters and verses are also not scripture but added later

Jesus pointed out to the corrupted leaders of the faith that they had made the word of God invalid because of their traditions. It is no different today, think of some of the things those who claim to serve God do today that are not part of God's word. A prime example is easter, can you imagine the disgust that God feels over that? Supposedly the highest church attendance over something that is not Biblical, and even having the audacity of using the name of the goddess it promotes.

And then think of all the churches that actually have halloween celebrations, no ignorance there, they all know that is a point blank satanic holy day.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I limit myself to God and Jesus because only they are perfect.

the church and the apostles are an extension of Christ
Vicars of Christ that means Christ acts thru them Jn 15:5

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are misquoting me. Even so, to answer one of your questions (What authority does Christ have?), Jesus lived a sinless life, and that gave him the authority. I believe that also explains his power.
Christ is God and that’s where his power and authority reside

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus pointed out to the corrupted leaders of the faith that they had made the word of God invalid because of their traditions. It is no different today, think of some of the things those who claim to serve God do today that are not part of God's word. A prime example is easter, can you imagine the disgust that God feels over that? Supposedly the highest church attendance over something that is not Biblical, and even having the audacity of using the name of the goddess it promotes.
(what leaders matt 23? What Goddess?)

And then think of all the churches that actually have halloween celebrations, no ignorance there, they all know that is a point blank satanic holy day.

I created a thread in a controversial doctrine on Halloween please share

I created a thread in the unorthodox doctrine forum on Halloween please share your thoughts there

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church and the apostles are an extension of Christ
Vicars of Christ that means Christ acts thru them Jn 15:5

Apostolic succession!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

Only God and Jesus were perfect.

Reactions: Cassandra

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spiritual anarchy with no authority or apostolic tradition with the authority of Jesus Christ?
Are you still trying to promote the FALSE CHRISTIANITY of the Catholic Church? All one has to do is look at the shenanigans of Pope Francis to see how false this whole system is.