Traditions of Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
All this means is that God understands all mens languages if one preaches/teaches in French or German God understands and your spirit will be praying with you but a Hebrew speaking person will not. This has always been well understood by the church it was only with the 1800 doctrine of men that these verse's were put into question. Men caused the confusion not God. by trying to make a religion out of what was never written.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(thesuperjag;53049)
Amen x 2.
(Alpha and Omega;53064)
8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: it seems from the passage you gave these gifts are consistent with gifts that would help people. If tongues are speaking in a heavenly language who are they helping? We are told to go out into the world and preach what good does it do if I speak gibberish to people speaking German, Dutch or French? Furthermore the word "glōssa" (tongues) means, the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nations. You are not helping anyone understand the word of God with ramblings.If we are supposed to talk in tongues (not foreign languages) why was this just discover in the 1800 shouldn't this have been know earlier?
How do we know it was just discovered in 1800? This is one persons opinion when it started. My Bible says it started on the day of Pentecost, it is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. The traditions of man is when we take what someone says in the 1800 over the Bible.By the way Kriss, You started the tongues, by stating it was mans tradition. Those of us that manifest this gift have a right to defend our faith. We feel the same as you do...you seem to think it is man's traditions to speak in tongues. I believe that it is man that took the true use of tongues out of the Church and poluted it to what we see a lot of today. But the fact is tongues is more than a language....it is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. You keep stating it was to preach the gospel around the world...the only way I can agree with this is that it was the power of the Holy Spirit manifested that got the attention of the unbelievers...like Acts 2, but Peter did the preaching not the tongue speakers.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Im with Craig. I don't speak in tounges but my wife and many at our church do. I want to but I guess I havent received that gift yet. Everyone I know that does reflects Craig's sentiments. Anyway, I didn't bring tounges to this thread. "Someone" else did. hahahahDonnie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;53070)
How do we know it was just discovered in 1800? This is one persons opinion when it started. My Bible says it started on the day of Pentecost, it is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. The traditions of man is when we take what someone says in the 1800 over the Bible.By the way Kriss, You started the tongues, by stating it was mans tradition. Those of us that manifest this gift have a right to defend our faith. We feel the same as you do...you seem to think it is man's traditions to speak in tongues. I believe that it is man that took the true use of tongues out of the Church and poluted it to what we see a lot of today. But the fact is tongues is more than a language....it is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. You keep stating it was to preach the gospel around the world...the only way I can agree with this is that it was the power of the Holy Spirit manifested that got the attention of the unbelievers...like Acts 2, but Peter did the preaching not the tongue speakers.
GOD spoke to man his Word and all understood in their own language and dilect that is the teaching of Penecost period there was no unknown Babbel on Penecost Day. thats what scripture says if you think differnt fine thats your choice. but that was not until 1800 when men spoke babbel and called it from God. and thats the End of this argument It is a mans doctrine as any history search will show.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;53072)
GOD spoke to man his Word and all understood in their own language and dilect that is the teaching of Penecost period there was no unknown Babbel on Penecost Day. thats what scripture says if you think differnt fine thats your choice. but that was not until 1800 when men spoke babbel and called it from God. and thats the End of this argument It is a mans doctrine as any history search will show.
God spoke to man his word the day of Pentecost and they spoke it in tongues, is that what you are trying to say? Because it is not what scriptures say.You seem to always want to end a discussion when you can not defend your belief.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost 1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.Why would they be speaking in foreign languages to each other. They wern't. They were speaking in tongues and they all understood as if it were their own language. It was the Spirit speaking to them. They were speaking in tounges but hearing "in his own native language".Plain as day at Pentecost.Donnie

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Craig19;53068)
Sigh not ANOTHER tongues debate plz!! Who cares if we believe in it or not we are all praising the same God.And Alpha just to your question on how tongues are beneficial. In my own experiance speaking in tongues has improved my relationship with God a lot. And with my relationship improved God can use me to help others more effectively, so speaking in heavenly tongues is an advantage to the speaker as well as too others. Although I find both sides have very good points its just no one who has experienced tongues have turned from it the only people against it are those you have not yet taken part in it.I have still got a lot more views but as the many previous topics have shown we are all stead fast on what we believe. So can we plz drop this debate??
Let me ask you a question, how can you say we worship the same God, if we can't even discern ourselves between good and evil. If we can't do that, the statement of yours saying "we are all praising the same God." is rather invalid.Why?II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.I'm not interested in getting confused by men.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(DONNIE;53075)
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost 1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.Why would they be speaking in foreign languages to each other. They wern't. They were speaking in tongues and they all understood as if it were their own language. It was the Spirit speaking to them. They were speaking in tounges but hearing "in his own native language".Plain as day at Pentecost.Donnie
This is just plain not what is said what good would speaking gibberish do?? The cloven Tongue of God speaking to men was a miracle that only occurs twice in scripture once on Penecost Day and once in the future in Mark 13 the reason men began speaking in Languages is they were given the gift of forgeign langues they could not speak before so they could preach what God was giving to them around the WorldDid you really read what this says or assume what it means ??6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.try reading other "languages of men" in place of other tongues and it makes perfect sense only when you read it with a preconcieved idea of Babbeling is there confusion.read the study at the link I gave you above for an understanding of this,rather than us debate it here I realize the link will most likely not change one's veiw but it will explain what Im saying the scripture says

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(DONNIE;53075)
True, the Spirit gave them utterance...but note that they were magnifying..praising God. They were not speaking to the people, they were speaking to God and the others heard them speaking in there own language. Peter preached to the people.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
(setfree;53079)
True, the Spirit gave them utterance...but note that they were magnifying..praising God. They were not speaking to the people, they were speaking to God and the others heard them speaking in there own language. Peter preached to the people.
Thats what I was saying. Some just want to put their man made spin on it. It's funny how only a couple of people on this board understand Scripture. Everybody else is wrong. I just pray they don't go through life with those blinders on. Believing in something is one thing. Being stuck on it is another.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(DONNIE;53080)
Thats what I was saying. Some just want to put their man made spin on it. It's funny how only a couple of people on this board understand Scripture. Everybody else is wrong. I just pray they don't go through life with those blinders on. Believing in something is one thing. Being stuck on it is another.
Donnie, I use to be stuck on my man made traditions. I missed out, because of my religious pride. We all have to walk our own journey with the Lord, NOONE could show me until He showed me!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
True there is the What the Language of scripture say and then there is what men say the Language of scripture says.It is the ones who follow what men say the scipture say that have blinders on. I do not need mens 1800's american doctrines to understand Gods Word.Im sorry if it bothers some of you that I tell you what the Language in scripture says as opposed to what you believe. I wont comprimise and say it says something different because it doesnt suit a certain denominational belief. Not telling anyone what to believe only saying What the language in scriptures say.I have said in previous posts I have family I adore that practice babbling tongues, I wished it was written but its not.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
You know, the most awkward thing I ever see in this thread is the poll.I mean everybody said yes, but the Truth is, not everybody agrees with which doctrine is of humans...Oh well, I just love everybody, just the way threy are.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
(kriss;53087)
And Christ Didnt what would he know
I'm sure I could find other things the Apostles and deciples did that Jesus did not.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
obviously this thread is going where the rest of Tonges threads do no where No sense carring on when it gets to insults and arguments. We battle against Principalities

Status
Not open for further replies.