Tree of Life: A Soup Nazi Commentary on Revelation 22:14 KJV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were people who lived under the Law in Jesus time, and after his ascension. It was fine as long as they knew it was the Spirit of Christ in them that is allowing them to love, God and others. Paul became to those under the law like those under the law, and those who were without the law without the law. God sees the heart and we should search and examine our own heart if it lining up with his will or not, what do you think @Phoneman777?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments will always be here as it is for sinners, not born again children of God. Christians don't need them because the law is written on our heart and we keep them through our conscience to be kept by the power of the Spirit given to us. Romans 7:5-6.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were people who lived under the Law in Jesus time, and after his ascension. It was fine as long as they knew it was the Spirit of Christ in them that is allowing them to love, God and others. Paul became to those under the law like those under the law, and those who were without the law without the law. God sees the heart and we should search and examine our own heart if it lining up with his will or not, what do you think @Phoneman777?
Revelation 22:14 applies the Ten Commandments to the church, because the Two don’t replace the Ten - they merely summarize the Ten.

If we love God, we’ll keep the first 4, and if our neighbor, the last six :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:14 applies the Ten Commandments to the church, because the Two don’t replace the Ten - they merely summarize the Ten.

”So the Lord came down to Mount Sinai. He came from heaven to the top of the mountain. Then he called Moses to come up to the top of the mountain with him. So Moses went up the mountain. The Lord said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people not to come near me and look at me. If they do, many will die. Also tell the priests who come near the Lord that they must prepare themselves for this special meeting. If they don’t, I, the Lord, will punish them.” Moses said to the Lord, “But the people cannot come up the mountain. You yourself told us to make a line and not allow the people to cross the line to holy ground.” The Lord said to him, “Go down to the people. Get Aaron and bring him back with you. But don’t let the priests or the people come near me. I will punish them if they come too close.” So Moses went down to the people and told them these things.“
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭19‬:‭20‬-‭25‬ ‭ERV‬‬

”These are the things God told his people: “I am the Lord your God. I am the one who freed you from the land of Egypt, where you were slaves. “You must not worship any other gods except me. “You must not make any idols. Don’t make any statues or pictures of anything up in the sky or of anything on the earth or of anything down in the water. Don’t worship or serve idols of any kind, because I, the Lord, am your God. I hate my people worshiping other gods. People who sin against me become my enemies, and I will punish them. And I will punish their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren. But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my commands. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. “You must not use the name of the Lord your God to make empty promises. If you do, the Lord will not let you go unpunished. “You must remember to keep the Sabbath a special day. You may work six days a week to do your job. But the seventh day is a day of rest in honor of the Lord your God. So on that day no one should work—not you, your sons and daughters, or your men and women slaves. Even your animals and the foreigners living in your cities must not work! That is because the Lord worked six days and made the sky, the earth, the sea, and everything in them. And on the seventh day, he rested. In this way the Lord blessed the Sabbath—the day of rest. He made that a very special day. “You must honor and respect your father and your mother. Do this so that you will have a full life in the land that the Lord your God gives you. “You must not murder anyone. “You must not commit adultery. “You must not steal anything. “You must not tell lies about other people. “You must not want to take your neighbor’s house. You must not want his wife. And you must not want his men and women servants or his cattle or his donkeys. You must not want to take anything that belongs to another person.”“
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭1‬-‭17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

”During all this time, the people in the valley heard the thundering and saw the lightning on the mountain. They saw smoke rising from the mountain and heard the sound of the trumpet. They were afraid and shook with fear. They stood away from the mountain and watched. Then the people said to Moses, “If you want to speak to us, then we will listen. But please don’t let God speak to us. If this happens, we will die.”“
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭18‬-‭19‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments will always be here as it is for sinners. Christians don't need them because the law is written on our heart and we keep them through our conscience to be kept by the Spirit. Romans 7:5-6
James says if the Christian kills (or by extension commits adultery), he becomes a transgressor of “the law”. Which law forbids killing or adultery or worshiping Satan? The Ten - summarized (not replaced) by the Two.

Silly ideas like “Christians don’t have to keep the Ten Commandments but we aren’t allowed to break them” encourage those who already find the Cross an archaic superstition to further dismiss Christianity as utter nonsense.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James says if the Christian kills (or by extension commits adultery), he becomes a transgressor of “the law”. Which law forbids killing or adultery or worshiping Satan? The Ten - summarized (not replaced) by the Two.

Silly ideas like “Christians don’t have to keep the Ten Commandments but we aren’t allowed to break them” encourage those who already find the Cross an archaic superstition to further dismiss Christianity as utter nonsense.
The thing is believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, are not able to continue in their old way of life. They put the old man in the grave and rise with the Lord Jesus. And those who seek God in faith, he is pleased. The works that God does through people are what is lead by the Holy Spirit of God living within the person. Gods commands is for people to believe in his Son and to love one another. When a person gets to this point there is no more breaking “laws.” Which have been nailed to the cross of the Lord Yeshua. People can learn the law but it leads to the Lord who fulfilled them, and can only fulfill them in and through you.

”If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished—you have left God’s grace.

But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬, ‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey man, serious question: are trying to appear Jewish and if so, for reasons of identification with “the chosen”?

Because, “the Israel of God” are those who “walk by this rule” of the “new creature” in Christ - not those who walk according to the Talmud - their highest authoritative source - which says Christ is at this moment in hell boiling in excrement.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey man, serious question: are trying to appear Jewish and if so, for reasons of identification with “the chosen”?

Because, “the Israel of God” are those who “walk by this rule” of the “new creature” in Christ - not those who walk according to the Talmud - their highest authoritative source - which says Christ is at this moment boiling in excrement.
It’s a beard. IMG_0126.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, are not able to continue in their old way of life. They put the old man in the grave and rise with the Lord Jesus. And those who seek God in faith, he is pleased. The works that God does through people are what is lead by the Holy Spirit of God living within the person. Gods commands is for people to believe in his Son and to love one another. When a person gets to this point there is no more breaking “laws.” Which have been nailed to the cross of the Lord Yeshua. People can learn the law but it leads to the Lord who fulfilled them, and can only fulfill them in and through you.

”If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished—you have left God’s grace.

But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬, ‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭ERV‬‬
For the record, I don’t teach we can be made righteous by obedience - only by grace through faith ALONE - so any further posts denouncing what is called “works based salvation” are at best unnecessary, and at worst straw man arguments which are as contemptible as witchcraft.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777 did you take that photo in your profile? It looks like the cross but a telephone with the sun rise in the background, great shot.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777 did you take that photo in your profile? It looks like the cross but a telephone with the sun rise in the background, great shot.
Thanks. The papacy loves to depict Jesus as a helpless babe or helpless victim hanging on the Cross (their symbol of Satan's triumph over Him) so I liked this one because the "Cross" is empty, the rising sun means He's risen, and of course, "Phoneman".

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James is not addressing Christians. Verse 12 is easily missed if you don't know that Christians are under the law of liberty, not the Ten Commandments that are for sinners. Born again Christians have been given the moral laws that are sins unto death written on our hearts and the desire to commit them has been taken out of our nature, so that we partake of the divine nature of God. We have no desire to commit any of these laws unto death. So you see your example does not apply to real Christians. Have you never read 1 John 3:4-9? Probably not if it is anything like the Adventist church I attend on Saturdays. So far sermons are all from the Old Testament. I also go to church on Sunday and Wednesday also.

I make sure I don't say anything about the Sabbath or the New Covenant. I only will speak up in Sabbath School about sin and that Jesus took them out of our nature. I do not want to cause any form of doubt in them, because "whatever is not from faith is sin"

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James is not addressing Christians.
You sure about that?

James 2:1-11 KJV

[1] My brethren (Christians)

[2] For if there come unto your (Christian) assembly

[3] And ye (Christians)

[4] Are ye (Christians) not then partial

[5] Hearken, my beloved brethren (Christians)

[6] But ye (Christians) have despised the poor.

[7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye (Christians) are called?

[8] If ye (Christians) fulfil the royal law

[9] But if ye (Christians) have respect...ye (Christians) commit sin

[10] For whosoever (Christians included) shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he (Christians included) is guilty of all.

[11] For He that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou (Christians) commit no adultery, yet if thou (Christians) kill, thou (Christians) art become a transgressor of the law.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Likewise, if we love God and our neighbor, then we won't commit rape, kidnapping, favoritism, and so forth for the rest of God's commandments.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments will always be here as it is for sinners, not born again children of God. Christians don't need them because the law is written on our heart and we keep them through our conscience to be kept by the power of the Spirit given to us. Romans 7:5-6.
In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to the Law of God are not born again, and in Romans 8:4-14, Paul contrasted those who are born of the Spirit with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to the Law of God. There is no point in claiming that we don't need God's law if we're obeying it because it is written on our hearts and the Spirit is leading us to obey it. In Romans 7:22-23, Paul said that he delighted in obeying the Law of God, but contrasted that with the law of of sin, which held him captive, so it would be absurd to interpret Romans 7:5-6 as referring to the Law of God as if Paul delighted in stirring up sinful passions in order to bear fruit unto death and delighted in being held captive to sin, but rather it is the law of sin that he described as holding him captive.