Tried to warn folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that there is a narrative to divide society by gender. Which can be identified by it using terms like patriarchy, toxic masculinity, non binary, personal pronouns and such.

The way that the church treats women is questionable. Why was Joan of Arc burned at the stake by the church? Should Mother Teresa have been eligible to become a leader in the catholic church? What prevents women like Mother Teresa from becoming a bishop, cardinal or pope?

It seems that Mary Magdalene held a leadership role in the church of Jesus.

What prevents women from having leadership roles in today's church?

I think that you will be interested in this.....google “ escape to reality women in the church”...... enjoy!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In some eras of history, only men could own land. Men held rights and privileges which were denied to women. We see this even today in china where male infants are prized while female infants trend towards the opposite.

Men have often chose to create a world where only they can fulfill certain roles.

Which could force Jesus to exclusively use men as Apostles, due to the world that men have created.

But if there are women who were called by God to be leaders. Women like Joan of Arc or Mother Teresa. Perhaps in looking at their example we can see why none of the Apostles were women.
actually the world could force JESUS to do nothing . They could not even take His life lest he had given them permission .
Had it been meant to be it would have been . Jesus did not fear men he simply spoke truth and lived and walked
in a world HE had created yet many knew him not . We cannot allow men to try and twist things in order to suit agendas .
Its simply best we follow the pattern that was long ago left to us and not be so hasty for change .
Be encouraged dear sister . But what is already written is what i do believe and the pattern we must follow .
Its the only pattern that works good to the church .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trust me,
It's not about trusting you.

Are you aware that the brain stores and accesses picture and video memory the same way it does real life memory?

How many people think of Jesus as grim and humorless after seeing all these movies that present Him that way?

A little leaven leavens the whole lump . . . you are remembering is wasn't me saying that . . . right?

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about trusting you.

Are you aware that the brain stores and accesses picture and video memory the same way it does real life memory?

How many people think of Jesus as grim and humorless after seeing all these movies that present Him that way?

A little leaven leavens the whole lump . . . you are remembering is wasn't me saying that . . . right?

Much love!

If a “ weak” brother can’t handle it they should stay away from it....we are to cut some slack for the weak Believer , but we don’t let those types run the Church.....the best part of this series is that it DOES actually show Jesus with a sense of humor....

Trying to use Maturity and intelligence in what one views and in what one does “ Not” view has nothing to do with “ Leaven”

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that there is a narrative to divide society by gender. Which can be identified by it using terms like patriarchy, toxic masculinity, non binary, personal pronouns and such.

The way that the church treats women is questionable. Why was Joan of Arc burned at the stake by the church? Should Mother Teresa have been eligible to become a leader in the catholic church? What prevents women like Mother Teresa from becoming a bishop, cardinal or pope?

It seems that Mary Magdalene held a leadership role in the church of Jesus.

What prevents women from having leadership roles in today's church?
That is a good and fair question.

The reason is that the Bridegroom (male) had come for His bride (female); and the entire church age needed to understand by example that they were preparing for marriage in that biblical portrayal of the Head of the church (carried on by tradition as male), showing the church (men and women alike) as the Bride (female), to be portrayed for the benefit of all future generations, that they might understand.

So, there is no hierarchy between men and women, except in the service of properly portraying Christ (male) as Head, until the end.

But I will say also, the problem is not that women do not qualify in every other way--because they do, and are equal before God--as both men and women all being considered rather as being women (as a Bride). The problem rather is that every man and every women do not understand that, but have made it a male/female issue rather than an issue of all being betrothed to Christ. If and when they did or do understand, there would be no issue or problem and women could certainly take on any role. But as long as there are new people coming into the church...we are to portray Christ (male) as Husband and Head; and when there are no more new people coming into the church--the roles will no longer be needed, nor will they exist for they shall be One.

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a “ weak” brother can’t handle it they should stay away from it....we are to cut some slack for the weak Believer , but we don’t let those types run the Church.....the best part of this series is that it DOES actually show Jesus with a sense of humor....

Trying to use Maturity and intelligence in what one views and in what one does “ Not” view has nothing to do with “ Leaven”
concering meats drinks and days , not concerning evil .
Meats drinks and days . I can easily eat or not eat or celebrate a day or not celebrate it
But SIN and evil is a whole nother story . That must be corrected and fast too .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.the best part of this series is that it DOES actually show Jesus with a sense of humor....

This is just Scripture. As you watch this movie you are only hearing the Gospel of Matthew. Bruce Marchiano portrays Jesus in a way I think you'll appreciate.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is just Scripture. As you watch this movie you are only hearing the Gospel of Matthew. Bruce Marchiano portrays Jesus in a way I think you'll appreciate.

Much love!
The problem is most folks no longer want to relate to the biblical JESUS they want this senusal one instead .
As for the lambs we clinging to the biblical version . Lift those hands and praise the LORD my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't watch this guy. But I can say how disappointed I am with the Christians that are watching this show. The creator says it is 95% artistic flare and 5% biblical. God's Word is perfect and gives us what what we need when we read, study and etch it into our hearts. This series is focusing on the 12 and what might or could have happened. If God wanted us to know He would have told us. He didn't the GOOD NEWS is not about them but about HIM.

I have one friend who saw the big screen release and she said she was sicken by it.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't watch this guy. But I can say how disappointed I am with the Christians that are watching this show. The creator says it is 95% artistic flare and 5% biblical. God's Word is perfect and gives us what what we need when we read, study and etch it into our hearts. This series is focusing on the 12 and what might or could have happened. If God wanted us to know He would have told us. He didn't the GOOD NEWS is not about them but about HIM.

I have one friend who saw the big screen release and she said she was sicken by it.
My wife and I have decided to not see it, for that very reason.

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Could not get it.....what did I miss....Why was it if interest ?