Tried to warn folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, but only the old biblical accounts have caught my interests so far.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and so many just love this show .
Even those who spoke against the occult and new age .
I tried to warn folks .

I see no reason why I should live in fear of either the occult or new age.

I'll try to watch this and share my impressions of it later.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and so many just love this show .
Even those who spoke against the occult and new age .
I tried to warn folks .
'The Chosen' is the best rendition of the times and life of Jesus I have ever seen. I can't recommend it highly enough.
There will always be those trying to pull a good thing into the mud.....just make sure you're not one of them.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s brilliant.....anybody with a brain knows that it can’t be 100% accurate and has to be taken with a grain of salt.....just enjoy an intelligent and moving version of the life of Christ.....it stresses the human side of Jesus and to deny his humanity is as bad as denying His divinity.....most movies about Jesus are well- intentioned But Lame......this movie is an excellent movie, but in the end it is JUST a movie......we have grown accustomed to putting up with WAY worse ones....you will fall in love with this Jesus.....nothing wrong with that .....and it’s Plenty close enough to the Biblical Jesus that I know...dont get your panties in a knot .....relax and enjoy a great but not perfect film portrayal of our Lord....you prefer “ The Last Temptation Of Christ ?”

Reactions: Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Men debate theology.....which is what? Is not theology the way men see God? Is it not their ideas?......but the question stands, how does God see men? Jesus is the answer to that question. It is the Jesus of history who we are in need of knowing......and does he not say at the appointed time to those who boast in the many 'great works' they have done....even in his name.....yes, the professional and amateur theologians who spruik their page loads.....does he not say 'I never knew you'? How can that be?

Did they create a Jesus from their imagination....a Jesus who fits their distorted views; a spurious Jesus?...... while dismissing the Jesus of history?

Consider the rendition of Jesus in 'The Chosen' as the closest version to the historical Jesus ever put to film and use it to introduce people to the resurrected Jesus of history!.......but one can only do that if they know him!

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little leaven leavens the full lump.

Ideas get into your minds, and those ideas are either the ideas from God, or the ideas of man. Speculative storytelling about Jesus can become comingled in your mind with your Scriptural understandings of Him.

I'll warn also!

With much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ideas get into your minds, and those ideas are either the ideas from God, or the ideas of man. Speculative storytelling about Jesus can become comingled in your mind with your Scriptural understandings of Him.

I'll warn also!

With much love!
Everybody's mind imagines and tells stories. The question is, is it true to the script?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll warn also!

With much love!
Of course what you say is true, but having said that, this movie that holds very true to the Bible that I have studied for 50 years just might be the only glimpse that most people ever “ get” Of Jesus..... I’ve known thousands of people in my lifetime ( most of them Church- Attendees) and I bet that less than 10% have ever cracked open a Bible to Study it for more than 5 minutes, much less read it in it’s entirety ....it’s sad to say, but this excellent and moving film is better than Nothing—— “Nothing” is what most people have as they violate the Word of God which commands us to “ present ourselves acceptable to God , one who need not be ashamed of themselves as they handle the Word Of God with knowledge and accuracy “ ( 2 Timothy 2:15)

Bible Ignorance is rampant and on-going......90% Of The people will go to their graves with a brain- full of Religious Mush and with little knowledge about the Life Of Jesus.....No Biblical movie will be 100% accurate...... this movie is better than nothing for the multitudes that are too lazy and too uninterested in the Bible to even attempt to “ Rightly Divide” it......as Commanded. All The hand-wringing in response to this excellent movie is “ much ado over nothing” in my opinion.....

It’s unlikely, but why don’t people do the smart thing.....watch the film and then FOR ONCE , actually read the story of Jesus in the Bible and make up your “ OWN” mind as to the veracity of the movie! The people in these Forums are for the most part intelligent and can think like adults—- trust me, they can handle this movie —— and here’s betting that they will REALLY enjoy it!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
watch the video.

While I agree that there is a narrative to divide society by gender. Which can be identified by it using terms like patriarchy, toxic masculinity, non binary, personal pronouns and such.

The way that the church treats women is questionable. Why was Joan of Arc burned at the stake by the church? Should Mother Teresa have been eligible to become a leader in the catholic church? What prevents women like Mother Teresa from becoming a bishop, cardinal or pope?

It seems that Mary Magdalene held a leadership role in the church of Jesus.

What prevents women from having leadership roles in today's church?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that there is a narrative to divide society by gender. Which can be identified by it using terms like patriarchy, toxic masculinity, non binary, personal pronouns and such.

The way that the church treats women is questionable. Why was Joan of Arc burned at the stake by the church? Should Mother Teresa have been eligible to become a leader in the catholic church? What prevents women like Mother Teresa from becoming a bishop, cardinal or pope?

It seems that Mary Magdalene held a leadership role in the church of Jesus.

What prevents women from having leadership roles in today's church?
A couple of reminders . While we know their were women of faith in that bible . They sure were
How come not one apostle was female in the group of Christ .
Women were not allowed to teach nor usurp authority over the man . Dont mean they dont have faith .
It also dont mean men are better than women . Its just GOD is in control and set the pattern .
I mean the obvious question would be if women were to lead , How come not one apostle was female .
Paul makes mention of this too . Paul was not a bigot , i am not a bigot , and JESUS was not a bigot .
GOD does as HE does , we should simply follow and keep the original pattern no matter how much the times do change .
cause they do change but our LORD does not . Again we saw women who had great faith
even peter denied him . Yet none of them were called into a leadership over the church position .
I say we just keep it like they did . Be encouraged and let the glorious Lord be praised .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of reminders . While we know their were women of faith in that bible . They sure were
How come not one apostle was female in the group of Christ .
Women were not allowed to teach nor usurp authority over the man . Dont mean they dont have faith .
It also dont mean men are better than women . Its just GOD is in control and set the pattern .
I mean the obvious question would be if women were to lead , How come not one apostle was female .
Paul makes mention of this too . Paul was not a bigot , i am not a bigot , and JESUS was not a bigot .
GOD does as HE does , we should simply follow and keep the original pattern no matter how much the times do change .
cause they do change but our LORD does not . Again we saw women who had great faith
even peter denied him . Yet none of them were called into a leadership over the church position .
I say we just keep it like they did . Be encouraged and let the glorious Lord be praised .

In some eras of history, only men could own land. Men held rights and privileges which were denied to women. We see this even today in china where male infants are prized while female infants trend towards the opposite.

Men have often chose to create a world where only they can fulfill certain roles.

Which could force Jesus to exclusively use men as Apostles, due to the world that men have created.

But if there are women who were called by God to be leaders. Women like Joan of Arc or Mother Teresa. Perhaps in looking at their example we can see why none of the Apostles were women.

Last edited: