Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 34:14
14 —for you shall not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God—

So from this verse are you saying God's name has emotion or feeling?

Here is another verse that speaks of God's name:

Isaiah 63:16
16 For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us
And Israel does not recognize us.
You, O Lord, are our Father,
Our Redeemer from of old is Your name.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 justaname, greeting from the Lord Jesus.

So from this verse are you saying God's name has emotion or feeling?

I'm saying that from that verse this is NOT GOD PERSON NAME.
if you can't understand what I'm saying that's ok, for now. but study what a title is and what a proper name or noun is. find out the different of common nouns, and proper nouns. just know what you're identifying in a name. is it WHAT you're naming, or WHO you are naming.
that's all I'm asking.
Isaiah 63:16
16 For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us
And Israel does not recognize us.
You, O Lord, are our Father,
Our Redeemer from of old is Your name.

You, O Lord, are our Father. question who is the father, just a quick answer that you have already been exposed to. answer Acts 22:14 "And he (Ananias) said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth". who is this God Ananias was speaking of?. the redeemer. right, the God of the Old Testament. Psalms 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer". the LORD of the Old testament is the God of the Fathers, right. so what did Ananias say, "The God of our fathers hath chosen thee". and who chose Paul on the road to Damascus?. Jesus, supportive scripture, Acts 9:3 "And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks". again JESUS is identified as the FATHER, because he is the ONLY God of the OLD TESTAMENT, who is the Father of all.

you gave scripture, and proved my point. it's inescapable. the Lord Jesus is the Father. and if you think Lord is used instead of LORD. it's the same one PERSON. scripture, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". and that word Liberty, it means "FREEDOM". many are not free. and notice the "S" in Spirit, :unsure:

be blessed.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
after all a God that fits inside our human mind would be smaller than our mind and not really God at all..

why beleive in the trinity? because the holy spirit must be the faih builder of this one true God bigger than our minds..

enjoy

http://vimeo.com/43576846

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 HiddenManna, greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ

the sticking point of all of this is in our Lord second dispensation, where he is Saviour, and Redeemer. and in his present, and last dispensation, as Comforter, and Mediator. as Aspen pointed out, and I have been saying God is revealed in three dispensation. we all know that he is Creator and Maker of everything. but the contention lay in his last two dispensation. this is where I'll address my point.

but first HiddenManna, now that you don't support the person anymore, you said aspect. I understand aspect according to the dictionary. but to make sure that I understand you clearly. given me your definition and understanding of what you mean by aspect, concerning our Lord and saviour God. and then we can continue. and also state your premises that support your beliefs. thanking you in advance.

My premises is this.
#1. the term God is to me, only means the Spirit. which is Holy, hence Holy Spirit. who is creator and maker of everything, Genesis 1:1
#2. his same Holy Spirit in diverse spirit, (notice the small case "s" in spirit), is Redeemer, and Saviour in flesh and blood. John 1:1
#3. this same Holy Spirit, in diverse spirit, now in a Glorified body, Flesh and bone, NO BLOOD, is Comforter, and Mediator of the new blood covenant. Revelation 1:1
and from these three premises I base my doctrine on. and from these three premises I explain with all knowledge and understanding of the Godhead. which certify that there is ONLY ONE PERSON in it.

be blessed, and I'll be waiting for you response