True History of the Western Christian Church in Early Britain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of my Christian brethren are not aware that the earliest evidence of the Christian Church existing in the West was not at Rome, nor with the Roman Catholic Church. Instead, the earliest western Church history was in the Breton or Briton, in the British Isles. (No, I am not British; I'm from the U.S.)

Firstly, understand that some believe this history of the early Church in Briton is all hype, and not real documented history. Those saying that though would not be telling the truth, because there is actual documentation proving it, even by secular Roman historians and poets, and even Catholic bishops that first traveled to the Isles to preach The Gospel, and discovered that The Gospel had already been established there.

Apostle Paul mentioned a certain Pudens, Claudia, and Linus all in one sentence. These characters were also mentioned by Roman history involving a Pudens that was a Roman official assigned to early Briton in the 1st century, and married a Claudia, and their son was Linus who became the first bishop in Rome. And the pagan Roman leaders upon capturing the British king built a palace in Rome to keep them as prisoner, called the Palatium Britannicum.

2 Tim 4:21
21 Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and
Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
KJV

See the following well documented article: