True Story: The Power of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where exactly where to post this....This is shared with permission.

True story:
We won't see how strong God really is until we realize how weak we really are. It's in our weakness that his strength shows.
Earlier today, i accidentally pulled out in front of a guy, as I said it was unintentional, but he did not care. He shot me the finger, cussed me, told me to pull over & then tailgated me for about a mile & as I was pulling up to a red light & I told God I wasn't gonna just take no butt whipping, he might give me one, but I sure as heck wasn't gonna just stand there & take it. This guy jumped out of his truck & he wasn't very big at all, in all honesty I got kind of excited because I was pretty sure that I could tie this guy up like a pretzel, so I was thinking lets do it. But God immediately spoke to my heart, "just say your sorry & tell him I love him." And I was like, what !?! There is no way I'm going to tell this dude that you love him right now... But God won't let up & I'm just thinking I'm gonna be getting my lip busted & be saying hey bro, Jesus loves you. Yea this is just great. I'm going to look like the biggest sissy ever, me screaming Jesus loves you & him beating my teeth out. But God just won't let up, he says trust me tell him your sorry & that I love him.
By now this guy is almost to my door & he is mad. So I think ok let's do it...instead of jumping out & tying up with this ol boy I said, listen bro, I'm sorry & Jesus loves you... And he stops to look at me with this blank stare. What did you say? So I say I'm sorry & Jesus loves you. And he looks at me again & says don't try to use Jesus to get you out of a fight & I said listen bro, I didn't want to say that, I wanted to get out & fight but that's what God said to tell you. And he just stares at me for a long time. It was if he was processing all of it. And then he says, thank you for that and just got in his truck & drove off.
I was left there just thinking wow, really God? Really? You did that?
You see I knew I didn't have the words to calm this guy down, I knew nothing I could say would help & so I was just gonna whip his butt or worse get my butt whipped trying but God is so much different, when I relied upon Him everything changed. When I admitted to myself that I couldn't fix this, that I was too weak to handle this situation any other way except with violence, it was THEN that I got to see God's power.
And it's that way with EVERY situation we encounter. God wants to help us but we must be willing.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
truthquest said:
I wasn't sure where exactly where to post this....This is shared with permission.

True story:
We won't see how strong God really is until we realize how weak we really are. It's in our weakness that his strength shows.
Earlier today, i accidentally pulled out in front of a guy, as I said it was unintentional, but he did not care. He shot me the finger, cussed me, told me to pull over & then tailgated me for about a mile & as I was pulling up to a red light & I told God I wasn't gonna just take no butt whipping, he might give me one, but I sure as heck wasn't gonna just stand there & take it. This guy jumped out of his truck & he wasn't very big at all, in all honesty I got kind of excited because I was pretty sure that I could tie this guy up like a pretzel, so I was thinking lets do it. But God immediately spoke to my heart, "just say your sorry & tell him I love him." And I was like, what !?! There is no way I'm going to tell this dude that you love him right now... But God won't let up & I'm just thinking I'm gonna be getting my lip busted & be saying hey bro, Jesus loves you. Yea this is just great. I'm going to look like the biggest sissy ever, me screaming Jesus loves you & him beating my teeth out. But God just won't let up, he says trust me tell him your sorry & that I love him.
By now this guy is almost to my door & he is mad. So I think ok let's do it...instead of jumping out & tying up with this ol boy I said, listen bro, I'm sorry & Jesus loves you... And he stops to look at me with this blank stare. What did you say? So I say I'm sorry & Jesus loves you. And he looks at me again & says don't try to use Jesus to get you out of a fight & I said listen bro, I didn't want to say that, I wanted to get out & fight but that's what God said to tell you. And he just stares at me for a long time. It was if he was processing all of it. And then he says, thank you for that and just got in his truck & drove off.
I was left there just thinking wow, really God? Really? You did that?
You see I knew I didn't have the words to calm this guy down, I knew nothing I could say would help & so I was just gonna whip his butt or worse get my butt whipped trying but God is so much different, when I relied upon Him everything changed. When I admitted to myself that I couldn't fix this, that I was too weak to handle this situation any other way except with violence, it was THEN that I got to see God's power.
And it's that way with EVERY situation we encounter. God wants to help us but we must be willing.
[SIZE=16pt]I was a person who people just wanted to fight, and was in many fights. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I was in the USA’s Armed Forces for five years. I believed it was one’s responsibility to defend one’s self, and loved ones. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus began to personally teach me. I believe because God felt it was so important for me to understand, Jesus came into my living room, and told me that we were not to hurt anyone for any reason. [/SIZE]

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Amen! The Holy Ghost knows how to shut our mouths and keep us when we submit to Him! Sometimes its better to sacrifice our will and let His will be done! Amen! I enjoyed this testimony!