True Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never respect the heresy referred to as modalism.
I believe that you will find, in reading more carefully, that the concepts that I lay forth in posts #1-#5 are not in fact modalism.

I do indeed emphasize the fact that the Lord is one.

However, I do not deny the distinctions within the Godhead.

Take care.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that in rejecting help from the Mormon church I am doing the right thing.

For if I accept help from them, I am also certain that there would be strings attached.
So he's another Mormon on here? I noticed he and @Jane_Doe22 were actively engaged in conversation on here at the same time. That explains it. I'd reject his offer as well, he wants it to taint you. Both are unconverted and believe in a false Christ and Gospel.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that you will find, in reading more carefully, that the concepts that I lay forth in posts #1-#5 are not in fact modalism.

I do indeed emphasize the fact that the Lord is one.

However, I do not deny the distinctions within the Godhead.

Take care.
I wasn’t referring to you my friend. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why the comment--
Because Grailhunter offered to help me with the resources at his disposal...and if I'm not mistaken, I determined once before that he is a Mormon and therefore those resources would very likely be coming from the Mormon church...unless he is independently wealthy. And even then I do not think that I would do well to receive help from a Mormon.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Them is referring to the three Persons. They are distinct Persons, yet one God.
I accept that.

I am more inclined to emphasize the oneness of the Lord however; because not only do I desire to draw Oneness Pentecostals in to the truth of His three-ness (and therefore I become like them in order to gain them, 1 Corinthians 9:19-23); but there is the other side of the spectrum of those who think that they are believing in the Trinity but in all reality their belief is closer to Tritheism.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Grailhunter offered to help me with the resources at his disposal...and if I'm not mistaken, I determined once before that he is a Mormon and therefore those resources would very likely be coming from the Mormon church...unless he is independently wealthy. And even then I do not think that I would do well to receive help from a Mormon.
Grailhunter isn't LDS....
But whatever.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter, what denomination do you hail from?
I am Christian, I have over a dozen churches I go to.
I fellowship with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, Mormons, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches and I have had Jewish friends from childhood to now.
The question of Mormons, I am not Mormon and I have never attended a Mormon church but would have no problem attending one and I have had close Mormon friends most of my adult life. Good people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was specifically addressing Mormonism in a prophetic manner when he wrote the following:

2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Co 11:13, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14, And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15, Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was specifically addressing Mormonism in a prophetic manner when he wrote the following:

2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Co 11:13, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14, And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15, Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

If your targeting Mormons we can go round and round on that one.
Do not see how these scriptures pertain to Mormons or any other Christians.

Interesting Sins that will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Factions—hairesis---a self-chosen opinion, a religious or philosophical sect, discord or contention.

Disputes... suzéteó… to discuss---to examine together, hence to dispute---debate---argue.

Dissensions…dixostasía...properly, separate-standings ("standing apart"), used of divisions which wrongly separate people into factions.

Enmities….echthra…enmity, hostilely, and alienation.

Strife…ἔρις, eris….strife…contention, strife, wrangling.

How much of this happened when the Protestants separated for the Catholic Church? How much of this is happening now? What is the punishment for fracturing Christ's Church into thousands of denominations? And perpetual disagreement.

The reason I do not pick a church is because I believe in goodwill between denominations and a little unity so we can stand against the real evils of this world. Then on the other hand I will say I am guilty of some these sins myself from time to time.