Truman's Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You think you got it hard now...try being named Truman! Lol
I was at an anti-lockdown protest last Spring. There were about 2,000 people there, all violating the lockdown order. As I watched the speaker up on the stage, for some reason I looked up above me. Hovering in the sky, about a hundred feet up, was a drone about 3/4 the size of a car.
It irked me that we were being spied on, and as I thought about pulling out a spiritual weapon (not quite sure why I thought that), I went through the motion as if I actually pulled out, say, a sawed-off shotgun, from a holster on my back, and pointed "it" at the drone.
Immediately, the drone started slowly backing up, about ten feet, then it slowly turned to the right about 90 degrees, and then it took off like a shot! I was left standing there thinking, "What the hey?"
D is for Democracy, and Discipline, and Duty,
and also for
Dystopia, Disease, Death and Destruction.

Drone is a D word as well.

Doom rhymes with Gloom.

And now,
Sweet Dreams of Heaven and Happy Days that Never End.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey just because I have a different belief to most on here about the global pandemic, does not mean I am from the Truman show..... I have heard of people who have suffered from the virus, and who have had health problems with their lungs after recovering as a result of being seriously ill with covid, so I take the guidelines and safety restrictions seriously, I have also listened to what ICU nurses had to say.
No worries mate. It's not just about the COVID and vax thing Josho....a super troop 1st class government complaint citizen in many areas...just be you and I'm be the born critic and revisionist that I am....;)..Great Day to you...as it's evening now then have a great week...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No worries mate. It's not just about the COVID and vax thing Josho....a super troop 1st class government complaint citizen in many areas...just be you and I'm be the born critic and revisionist that I am....;)..Great Day to you...as it's evening now then have a great week...

Hmmm a 1st class government complaint citizen, sounds very Kiwi... ;)

Reactions: Truman and APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hope you manage to get some sleep Helen, I hate those kind of nights ( I get more of them than I use to and it does me in when I have work the next day ) xxx

Hope that you are fully recovered now Rita. x

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hope that you are fully recovered now Rita. x
I am getting there, it’s the cough that is lingering and I am back to work tomorrow. It’s so hot there and we still have to wear the masks all day …physically it’s going to be a hard shift as I am just not back to full strength xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lord, I ask that Your joy would lighten Rita's load today, that your Holy Spirit would sustain her so that she would be a blessing to those that she comes in contact with, that, at the end of the day when she looks back over it, she'd see that, all in all, it was a good day. I ask this in Jesus' holy name, amen!
Thank you Truman , I will take that as a prayer over my shift that begins in 16hours time xx

Reactions: Helen and Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OHHHHHHHHHHH my goodness.... YOU have your own place.... and lovely it is...

I got you a lamp.... it's in the corner.... Do you like it??? It's pink with flowers... LOL

Oh... and there's snacks in your fridge.... I'm sure you will have many visitors.... SO excited...
Party @Truman's place!!!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can take it back if you want.... BE HONEST... LOL

I sort of bought it in a hurry cuz.... well........................................................ WAIT FOR IT.....................................................................
TRUMAN has his OWN place.... and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to come for VISITS..... Lots of them.... well... ok... you might have to limit me to Mondays... Wednesdays and Fridays.... Don't want to wear out my welcome!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife told me yesterday that her favorite Xmas song is O Holy Night. We watched performers on the Xmas special from The Chosen. Remarkable talents, one and all.

Reactions: Helen and Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey just because I have a different belief to most on here about the global pandemic, does not mean I am from the Truman show..... I have heard of people who have suffered from the virus, and who have had health problems with their lungs after recovering as a result of being seriously ill with covid, so I take the guidelines and safety restrictions seriously, I have also listened to what ICU nurses had to say.
As a person over 60 who has had covid, I am the wokking proof on ongoing cognative declension.

Much lofe!