Trump begins police reform with executive order

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about a requirement that every household own a loaded Tompson?

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with a "Binary Trigger"? And although at least one Youtube video shows a magazine emptied faster than a Full Automatic, I prefer to NOT use deadly force IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, -- by AVOIDING such a situation. But if necessary, I will comply with Jesus' LAST instructions guiding us in Luke 22:36.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The executive order has no legal standing at all with regard to the states and their laws for police forces. So it's no more than a recommendation. However, a database of police officers who have been determined by courts to be abusive or criminal, would be a good start. One of the problems is "gypsy cops" who just move from one department to another after being caught. If there was a clearinghouse of police officers found to have committed abuses, that would help departments to avoid hiring such people.

A national standard for good practices would be useful. Like the NFPA fire protection standards, which are not legally binding on anyone, they could then be adopted (with modifications to meet local needs) by states and cities.

But the real battles have to be fought at the state and local levels.

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad he's taking action.

He's also accomplished the following for criminal justice reform:

* Signed an executive order directing the Attorney General to develop a strategy to more effectively prosecute people who commit crimes against law enforcement officers.

* Launched an evaluation of grant programs to make sure they prioritize the protection and safety of law enforcement officers.

* Established a task force to reduce crime and restore public safety in communities across Signed an executive order to focus more federal resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations such as drug cartels.

* Signed an executive order to focus more federal resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations such as drug cartels.

* Violent crime decreased in 2017 according to FBI statistics.

* $137 million in grants through the COPS Hiring Program to preserve jobs, increase community policing capacities, and support crime prevention efforts.

* Enhanced and updated the Project Safe Neighborhoods to help reduce violent crime.

* Created an interagency task force working around the clock to prosecute traffickers, protect victims, and prevent human trafficking.

* New rule effectively banning bump stock sales in the United States.

President Donald Trump Accomplishments

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* New rule effectively banning bump stock sales in the United States.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would want to hold a rifle like a jackhammer, with NO CONTROL, except being able to hit a barn at some 20 feet away, and several neighbors barns and HOMES if more than 30 feet away. It seems to me that shots on target are best achieved by holding the firearm as firmly and controlled as possible.

In the Vietnam War the Department of Defense recognized that FULL AUTO simply wasted ammunition, and added a 3-shot burst Select to the SAFETY SELECT, because there's too much muzzle rise after 3-shots. And because the "binary" only fires 2-shots, the firearm is best functioned by anticipating distance versus muzzle rise so that the first shot could conceivably be at belt height, with the second shot impinging at the center of the chest. Of course further distances would suggest Single-Shot mode.

So banning bump stocks are like wearing a paper "mask". It only makes society feel that something is being accomplished.

But at the same time, if a person were concerned about their (and their family's) future safety, they might start making decisions before those decisions are no longer available.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always thought that their were some black spots in the USA that the police did not patrol. is that true. or is it only at night.
More than 30 years ago, my wife's baby brother went into what was then East Palo Alto on San Francisco Bay in California to buy drugs. He was murdered for an unknown reason, but probably because he was a white man in a totally lawless black neighborhood where illegals drugs were easy to obtain.

My wife and I went from Oklahoma to California for the funeral. Along with her other two older brothers, we drove through the neighborhood in the daylight. It was a run down dirty place and place and definitely dangerous for anyone. We drove through without stopping.

The local police who investigated the murder told us they never made routine patrols in that neighborhood at all as it was too dangerous for them. For situations, like that of my deceased brother-in-law they went in heavily armed and never alone to investigate. I guess you could have at the time called East Palo Alto, CA one of your black spots.

I have heard that they have cleaned it up since then... but I don't know. The murdered brother was one of my wife's two younger brothers. When she was 8 years old after her father's death by a heart attack at age 35, she and those two brothers, one on her hip and the other holding her hand, were dropped off, the three of them alone, on the streets of San Francisco by a relative who did not want them around. The other of those two little brothers died before his 30 birthday from heart failure to continuous heavy usage of drugs and alcohol. My wife now 68 years old moves on by my side on the Lord's side. She has only one remaining brother now, who lives in San Francisco. Probably we'll never return to California again. For her the whole place is a black spot.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More than 30 years ago, my wife's baby brother went into what was then East Palo Alto on San Francisco Bay in California to buy drugs. He was murdered for an unknown reason, but probably because he was a white man in a totally lawless black neighborhood where illegals drugs were easy to obtain.

My wife and I went from Oklahoma to California for the funeral. Along with her other two older brothers, we drove through the neighborhood in the daylight. It was a run down dirty place and place and definitely dangerous for anyone. We drove through without stopping.

The local police who investigated the murder told us they never made routine patrols in that neighborhood at all as it was too dangerous for them. For situations, like that of my deceased brother-in-law they went in heavily armed and never alone to investigate. I guess you could have at the time called East Palo Alto, CA one of your black spots.

I have heard that they have cleaned it up since then... but I don't know. The murdered brother was one of my wife's two younger brothers. When she was 8 years old after her father's death by a heart attack at age 35, she and those two brothers, one on her hip and the other holding her hand, dropped off, the three of them alone, on alone on the streets of San Francisco by a relative who did not want them around. The other of those two little brothers died before his 30 birthday from heart failure to continuous heavy usage of drugs and alcohol. My wife now 68 years old moves on by my side on the Lord's side. She has only one remaining brother now, who lives in San Francisco. Probably we'll never return to California again. For her the whole place is a black spot.

And imo.

There shouldn't even be those dangerous places, that are even too dangerous for cops. But that's what the world is like today in some areas. And it's just sad to hear about it in a first world country, like the USA.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And imo.

There shouldn't even be those dangerous places, that are even too dangerous for cops. But that's what the world is like today in some areas. And it's just sad to hear about it in a first world country, like the USA.
Our hope for something better, something good, must be in the Lord. In the world of men it is all formed by men, who are at best a selfish lot. Unfortunately, too many of those bearing the label of Christian are also very selfish. On forums like this it is common to read more about the blessings to be received than the love we are to have for God. How many look first to the blessings instead of to what should always be their first love:

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Rev 2:4-5

It seems to me that Rev. 18:4 is more appropriate:

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

Some in this Forum are content where they're living, like Lot; but Abraham was safe in the crags of the mountains.
Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...because OBVIOUSLY YOU were the ONLY ONE who saw it coming before it HAPPENED.
The signs were there for President Donald Trump since 2016. Therefore he had at least four years to develop a detailed and effective strategy to deal with Antifa, BLM,etc, and all domestic and foreign terrorists and anarchists, as well as plan for proper policing of riots, vandalism, looting, anarchy etc. which would involve any and all law enforcement agencies at his disposal for rapid response deployment. Please note (from the article below) that "In June 2017, the antifa movement was linked to "anarchist extremism" by the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness", but Mr. Trump did not take this report as a WARNING SIGNAL and move effectively against this Movement.

Here is a summary from Wikipedia [only for convenience], which is clearly Left leaning, and may be trying to minimize the violence of Antifa, while falsely calling Yiannopoulos a "provocateur", Patriots Prayer "far right", and Unite the Right as "white supremacists", which is all derogatory, while falsely calling Antifa "peaceful activists":

'Antifa groups, along with black bloc activists, were among those who protested the 2016 election of Donald Trump.

They also participated in the February 2017 Berkeley protests against alt-right provocateur speaker Milo Yiannopoulos, where they gained mainstream attention,with media reporting them
"throwing Molotov cocktails and smashing windows" and causing $100,000 worth of damage. [Note: "alt-right" is the derogatory Leftist term for conservatives]

In April 2017, the Direct Action Alliance and the Oregon Students Empowered, described as "two self-described antifascist groups", threatened to disrupt the 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade in Portland, Oregon after hearing that the Multnomah County Republican Party would participate. The parade organizers also received an anonymous email, reading: "You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely". The two groups denied having anything to do with the email. The parade was ultimately canceled by the organizers due to safety concerns.

On June 15, 2017, some antifa groups joined protesters at Evergreen State College to oppose the far-right group Patriot Prayer's event. Patriot Prayer was supporting biology professor Bret Weinstein who became the central figure in a controversy after he criticized changes to one of the college's events. In addition to peaceful antifa activists who held up a "community love" sign, USA Today reported that one slashed the tires of far-right activist Joey Gibson and another was wrestled to the ground by Patriot Prayer activists after being seen with a knife.

In August 2017, antifa counter-protesters at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, reported The New York Times, "used clubs and dyed liquids against the white supremacists".Journalist Adele Stan interviewed an antifa protester at the rally who said the sticks carried by the protesters were a justifiable countermeasure to the fact that "the right has a goon squad". Some antifa participants at the Charlottesville rally chanted that counter-protesters should "punch a Nazi in the mouth".Antifa participants also protected Cornel West and various clergy from attack by white supremacists, with West stating he felt that antifa had "saved his life". Antifa activists also defended the First United Methodist Church, where the Charlottesville Clergy Collective provided refreshments, music and training to the counter-protesters. According to a local rabbi, they "chased [the white supremacists] off with sticks".

Groups that had been preparing to protest the Boston Free Speech Rally saw their plans become viral following the violence in Charlottesville. The event drew a largely peaceful crowd of 40,000 counter-protesters. In The Atlantic, McKay Coppins stated that the 33 people arrested for violent incidents were "mostly egged on by the minority of 'Antifa' agitators in the crowd". President Trump described the protesters outside his August 2017 rally in Phoenix, Arizona as "antifa".

Portland's police chief said that antifascist and anarchist protesters at a June 2017 event in downtown parks in Portland, Oregon launched objects at police using slingshots. Protesters and the American Civil Liberties Union criticized the Portland Police Department's use of crowd-control weapons, saying it was disproportionate to "the behavior of a handful of antifa protesters" in the crowd.
[ACLU has always sided with thugs and criminals against law enforcement]

During a Berkeley protest on August 27, 2017, an estimated one hundred antifa protesters joined a crowd of 2,000–4,000 other protesters to confront alt-right demonstrators and Trump supporters who showed up for a "Say No to Marxism" rally that had been cancelled by organizers due to security concerns.
Protestors threatened to smash the cameras of anyone who filmed them. [Note: here is proof that Antifa is Marxist, since they opposed "Say No to Marxism"]

Jesse Arreguin, the mayor of Berkeley, suggested classifying the city's antifa as a gang. [Note: this is exactly when Trump should have declared them as "Domestic Terrorists" and installed effective countermeasures to arrest them and prosecute them]

The far-right group Patriot Prayer cancelled an event in San Francisco the same day following counter protests. Joey Gibson, the founder of Patriot Prayer, blamed antifa, along with
By Any Means Necessary, for breaking up the event.

On January 20, 2018, antifa protested "A Night for Freedom" hosted by far-right social media personality Mike Cernovich at the nightclub FREQ in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan. Protesters attacked partygoers spilling out of the venue, including a 56-year-old man taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition after allegedly being choked and punched. David Campbell, aged 32, subsequently pleaded guilty to two counts of felony assault for his role in the violence and was sentenced to 18 months in jail.

In June 2018, a Nebraska antifa group published a list of names and photographs of 1,595 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials, drawn from LinkedIn profiles.
[Note: Antifa and the Radical Leftists had started targeting law enforcement officers at this point, if not earlier]

In November 2018, police investigated the antifa group Smash Racism D.C. following a protest outside the home of The Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson, who has been described by the Associated Press as "a major supporter of President Donald Trump and his policies". Activists of the group said through a bullhorn that Carlson was promoting hate and chanted "We will fight, we know where you sleep at night!" and defaced the driveway of Carlson's property by spray-painting an anarchist symbol on it. Twitter suspended the group's account for violation of Twitter rules by posting Carlson's home address. The group also posted addresses of Carlson's brother and a friend who co-founded The Daily Caller.
[Note: anyone who is familiar with Tucker Carlson knows that he is definitely NOT a hate monger, but he is also very outspoken about the evil deeds of the Leftists]

In February 2019, anti-fascist activists marched in celebration through Stone Mountain, Georgia as a white supremacist, neo-Confederate rally planned to be held at the adjacent Stone Mountain Park was cancelled due to infighting and fear of personal safety...'
[Note: since white supremacists are not the ones involved with anarchy in America, this would be an attempt by Antifa to make itself look good]

There may be many other reports which were not included above. Antifa ravaged Portland, Oregon for a long time.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Fox News, the "safe policing for safe communities" executive order is being signed by Trump today. It has these three objectives:
  1. Credentialing and certification standards to adopt best practices on use of force
  2. Info sharing to track excessive use of force complaints
  3. Experts in mental health, homelessness, and addiction to join police
In a speech to the nation, Trump said he will be working with Congress on additional measures.

Here are some questions to consider.
  • How far should the federal government go in creating and enforcing policy pertaining to how local police departments operate?
  • Should this be left up to State governments?

(I ask that comments in this thread please be restricted to policies pertaining to policing and not personal remarks against individuals. Thanks!)

get ready to pass out from shock, people

i agree with this executive order as it is reported in the op

Reactions: Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The signs were there for President Donald Trump since 2016. ...

Where were YOU? You could have said something, -- THE SIGNS WERE THERE --, you could have raised the flag, but it seems you prefer to criticize others.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that Rev. 18:4 is more appropriate:

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

Some in this Forum are content where they're living, like Lot; but Abraham was safe in the crags of the mountains.
Bobby Jo
That certainly applies as well. The problem with most people who err it seems to me as they supposedly walk with God is that they walk in delusion. They walk in delusion per Apostle Paul because they never had or they have lost their love for truth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where were YOU? You could have said something, -- THE SIGNS WERE THERE --, you could have raised the flag, but it seems you prefer to criticize others.
Actually Bobby Jo, I have given President Trump a lot of feedback in the past on what his priorities should be. Not sure if he saw any of that. Each time he sent out a survey, I expressed my concerns. My question is "What is the rest of his treasonous administration doing twiddling their thumbs while *Rome* burns?"

I have reminded him over and over again that if he does nothing about MASSIVE voter fraud in the upcoming elections, the Democrats will steal the elections from under his nose. But I have heard nothing about an independent Special Commission which would go through all voter rolls in every state with a fine tooth comb and weed out fraudulent voters. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. There are several others issues which will impinge on fair elections.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The signs were there for President Donald Trump since 2016. Therefore he had at least four years to develop a detailed and effective strategy to deal with Antifa, BLM,etc, and all domestic and foreign terrorists and anarchists, as well as plan for proper policing of riots, vandalism, looting, anarchy etc. which would involve any and all law enforcement agencies at his disposal for rapid response deployment. Please note (from the article below) that "In June 2017, the antifa movement was linked to "anarchist extremism" by the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness", but Mr. Trump did not take this report as a WARNING SIGNAL and move effectively against this Movement.

Here is a summary from Wikipedia [only for convenience], which is clearly Left leaning, and may be trying to minimize the violence of Antifa, while falsely calling Yiannopoulos a "provocateur", Patriots Prayer "far right", and Unite the Right as "white supremacists", which is all derogatory, while falsely calling Antifa "peaceful activists":

'Antifa groups, along with black bloc activists, were among those who protested the 2016 election of Donald Trump.

They also participated in the February 2017 Berkeley protests against alt-right provocateur speaker Milo Yiannopoulos, where they gained mainstream attention,with media reporting them
"throwing Molotov cocktails and smashing windows" and causing $100,000 worth of damage. [Note: "alt-right" is the derogatory Leftist term for conservatives]

In April 2017, the Direct Action Alliance and the Oregon Students Empowered, described as "two self-described antifascist groups", threatened to disrupt the 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade in Portland, Oregon after hearing that the Multnomah County Republican Party would participate. The parade organizers also received an anonymous email, reading: "You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely". The two groups denied having anything to do with the email. The parade was ultimately canceled by the organizers due to safety concerns.

On June 15, 2017, some antifa groups joined protesters at Evergreen State College to oppose the far-right group Patriot Prayer's event. Patriot Prayer was supporting biology professor Bret Weinstein who became the central figure in a controversy after he criticized changes to one of the college's events. In addition to peaceful antifa activists who held up a "community love" sign, USA Today reported that one slashed the tires of far-right activist Joey Gibson and another was wrestled to the ground by Patriot Prayer activists after being seen with a knife.

In August 2017, antifa counter-protesters at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, reported The New York Times, "used clubs and dyed liquids against the white supremacists".Journalist Adele Stan interviewed an antifa protester at the rally who said the sticks carried by the protesters were a justifiable countermeasure to the fact that "the right has a goon squad". Some antifa participants at the Charlottesville rally chanted that counter-protesters should "punch a Nazi in the mouth".Antifa participants also protected Cornel West and various clergy from attack by white supremacists, with West stating he felt that antifa had "saved his life". Antifa activists also defended the First United Methodist Church, where the Charlottesville Clergy Collective provided refreshments, music and training to the counter-protesters. According to a local rabbi, they "chased [the white supremacists] off with sticks".

Groups that had been preparing to protest the Boston Free Speech Rally saw their plans become viral following the violence in Charlottesville. The event drew a largely peaceful crowd of 40,000 counter-protesters. In The Atlantic, McKay Coppins stated that the 33 people arrested for violent incidents were "mostly egged on by the minority of 'Antifa' agitators in the crowd". President Trump described the protesters outside his August 2017 rally in Phoenix, Arizona as "antifa".

Portland's police chief said that antifascist and anarchist protesters at a June 2017 event in downtown parks in Portland, Oregon launched objects at police using slingshots. Protesters and the American Civil Liberties Union criticized the Portland Police Department's use of crowd-control weapons, saying it was disproportionate to "the behavior of a handful of antifa protesters" in the crowd.
[ACLU has always sided with thugs and criminals against law enforcement]

During a Berkeley protest on August 27, 2017, an estimated one hundred antifa protesters joined a crowd of 2,000–4,000 other protesters to confront alt-right demonstrators and Trump supporters who showed up for a "Say No to Marxism" rally that had been cancelled by organizers due to security concerns.
Protestors threatened to smash the cameras of anyone who filmed them. [Note: here is proof that Antifa is Marxist, since they opposed "Say No to Marxism"]

Jesse Arreguin, the mayor of Berkeley, suggested classifying the city's antifa as a gang. [Note: this is exactly when Trump should have declared them as "Domestic Terrorists" and installed effective countermeasures to arrest them and prosecute them]

The far-right group Patriot Prayer cancelled an event in San Francisco the same day following counter protests. Joey Gibson, the founder of Patriot Prayer, blamed antifa, along with
By Any Means Necessary, for breaking up the event.

On January 20, 2018, antifa protested "A Night for Freedom" hosted by far-right social media personality Mike Cernovich at the nightclub FREQ in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan. Protesters attacked partygoers spilling out of the venue, including a 56-year-old man taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition after allegedly being choked and punched. David Campbell, aged 32, subsequently pleaded guilty to two counts of felony assault for his role in the violence and was sentenced to 18 months in jail.

In June 2018, a Nebraska antifa group published a list of names and photographs of 1,595 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials, drawn from LinkedIn profiles.
[Note: Antifa and the Radical Leftists had started targeting law enforcement officers at this point, if not earlier]

In November 2018, police investigated the antifa group Smash Racism D.C. following a protest outside the home of The Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson, who has been described by the Associated Press as "a major supporter of President Donald Trump and his policies". Activists of the group said through a bullhorn that Carlson was promoting hate and chanted "We will fight, we know where you sleep at night!" and defaced the driveway of Carlson's property by spray-painting an anarchist symbol on it. Twitter suspended the group's account for violation of Twitter rules by posting Carlson's home address. The group also posted addresses of Carlson's brother and a friend who co-founded The Daily Caller.
[Note: anyone who is familiar with Tucker Carlson knows that he is definitely NOT a hate monger, but he is also very outspoken about the evil deeds of the Leftists]

In February 2019, anti-fascist activists marched in celebration through Stone Mountain, Georgia as a white supremacist, neo-Confederate rally planned to be held at the adjacent Stone Mountain Park was cancelled due to infighting and fear of personal safety...'
[Note: since white supremacists are not the ones involved with anarchy in America, this would be an attempt by Antifa to make itself look good]

There may be many other reports which were not included above. Antifa ravaged Portland, Oregon for a long time.

Thanks for taking the time to post this article with your commentary.

Reactions: Enoch111

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... The problem with most people who err it seems to me as they supposedly walk with God is that they walk in delusion. ...

I AGREE. There are people IN THIS FORUM who REFUSE to OBEY Luke 22:36. And all we can do is wait for either a bolt of lightning from Heaven, or the harsh realities of life for them to see the err of their delusions.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Bobby Jo, I have given President Trump a lot of feedback in the past on what his priorities should be. ...

I'm reminded of Daniel 10:

Dan. 10:13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia

Some "battles" are against flesh and blood, but some are spiritual. And I suspect MOST are spiritual.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: pompadour

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always thought that their were some black spots in the USA that the police did not patrol. is that true. or is it only at night.
My county has places where there aren't city police, so the sherrif handles those areas. There aren't patrols, only, if you call 911, it's the sherrif instead of the police that responds.

Much love!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My county has places where there aren't city police, so the sherrif handles those areas. There aren't patrols, only, if you call 911, it's the sherrif instead of the police that responds.

Much love!
Rosco P Coltrane and his fat little buddy J D Hogg come to mind. TV show The Dukes of Hazzard
And Walker the Texas Ranger, so them Rangers have more powers ?
Smoky and the Bandit with Justice ? I can not remember his name.