Trump now says he doesn't know who the Proud Boys are

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is confusion over what that it means. Does he mean he wants the Proud Boys to stand by for now but take to the streets later after the election if they don't like the results?
Oh before or after we can only pray! If we can get these idiots together, maybe they will wipe each other out!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is confusion over what that it means. Does he mean he wants the Proud Boys to stand by for now but take to the streets later after the election if they don't like the results?

I'm also confused, why shouldn't the proud boys take to the streets. I'm not really sure who they are or what their history is, but from what I've read so far they just are pro-USA.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm also confused, why shouldn't the proud boys take to the streets. I'm not really sure who they are or what their history is, but from what I've read so far they just are pro-USA.
They seem to have broken away from the "alt-right" over race with too many "alt-right" groups adopting a too obviously racist stance. One of their leaders lost his position after saying he was proud of being white.

The FBI may have created some of the confusion since it first said the Proud Boys as an extremist groups with ties to white nationalism. There are "ties" here and there -- but the FBI backtracked on that, saying the white ties shouldn't have been mentioned.

They appear to be the right's version of the left's Antifa. Both groups like to show up at events and cause trouble. They show up, and like Antifa, enjoy using violence against others. One was just arrested:

Proud Boys member Alan Swinney arrested on 12 charges | KOIN.com

Well-known right-wing protester and Proud Boys member Alan Swinney is spending the morning in police custody, according to Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt.

Swinney was arrested by Portland police shortly after 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning — weeks after an indictment was issued on September 11. The 50-year-old is facing 12 total charges, including multiple for assault, unlawful use of a weapon, pointing a firearm at another person and unlawful use of mace. . . .

Swinney also used the same substance while attending a pro-Trump rally in Portland on August 22. Videos posted on social media show he pointed a paintball gun at counter-protesters on the same day — at one point, firing off a paintball and hurting another person once again. . . .

In early September, Swinney was sued for $250,000 after allegedly shooting a woman in the chest with a paintball gun during the August 22 rally in Portland.

According to court documents, Meg McLain says she was peacefully observing a rally outside the Justice Center on the afternoon of August 22. Shortly before 1 p.m., a man at the rally, identified as Alan Swinney, allegedly “opened fire” and intentionally shot her in the chest with a paintball. In the lawsuit she filed on Monday, McLain says this caused her pain, discomfort, distress and interfered with daily life activities.

Court documents included a photo of a paint-stained jacket McLain was wearing at the time along with a photo of a large, red welt on one of McLain’s breasts, which she says was a result of the paintball.

McLain attested that she quickly notified police of the incident but they did not arrest Swinney. Documents also included a screenshot of a social media post they say is from Swinney — in which he says, in part, “Whoever’s in charge in Portland can f—- all the way off. You’re not going to tell me how I can defend myself.”

The lawsuit alleged Swinney has shown a previous history of irresponsible gun ownership, such as “traveling to Oregon to organize substantial and purposefully violent rallies and events.”

A short time later, more videos were posted that captured Swinney aiming a real gun into the crowd. No shots were fired, but he is now facing charges stemming from the incident and his other actions throughout the day.

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Last night during the debate... "Proud Boys: Stand back and stand by."

Today during his first news conference... "I don't know who the Proud Boys are."

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are. You'll have to give me a definition because I really don't know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work. ... As people see how bad this radical liberal Democrat movement is and how weak, the law enforcement is going to come back stronger and stronger. But again, I don't know who Proud Boys are, but whoever they are, they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work." Trump says he doesn't know who Proud Boys are after telling them to "stand by"

View attachment 10851
Mr Trump has made it a habit of telling lies....it has become a part of his character.
Anybody who says their allegiance is with Jesus will never find compatibility with a liar!

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently they have ties to black americans and latino americans also:Leader of Proud Boys also leads grassroots group Latinos for Trump - CNNPolitics
They apparently focus more how men are superior to women.

Proud Boys - Wikipedia

The organization is opposed to feminism and promotes gender stereotypes in which women are subservient to men.[43][44] The organization has a female-member-only auxiliary wing named "Proud Boys' Girls" that supports the same ideology.[53] The Anti-Defamation League states that the Proud Boys are an "extremist conservative group". According to the ADL, McInnes and the Proud Boys are misogynistic and states that they call women "lazy" and "less ambitious" than men and "venerat[e] the housewife". McInnes has called for "enforced monogamy" and criticized feminism as "a cancer".[48] Some men who are not white have joined the Proud Boys, drawn by the organization's advocacy for men, anti-immigrant stance, and embrace of violence.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night during the debate... "Proud Boys: Stand back and stand by."

Today during his first news conference... "I don't know who the Proud Boys are."

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are. You'll have to give me a definition because I really don't know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work. ... As people see how bad this radical liberal Democrat movement is and how weak, the law enforcement is going to come back stronger and stronger. But again, I don't know who Proud Boys are, but whoever they are, they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work." Trump says he doesn't know who Proud Boys are after telling them to "stand by"

View attachment 10851
Are you deliberately trying to be dishonest here? I think you are....a hit job on Trump...your thread and focus on Trump saying to the 'Proud Boys' to 'stand back and 'standby' is the result of the Wallace and Biden's gang warfare of words as the last attack on him...it was quite obvious.

The last minute of the debate and Wallace and Biden could not wait to corner Trump. If you looked at the debate again and played this segment back very carefully, you would see and hear who said what, when and why. This last minute was a deliberate planned effort by Wallace and Biden to indirectly call Trump a white supremacist supporter even though Biden, NOT Wallace mentioned the 'Proud Boys' after Wallace already said to Trump to condemn ..to condemn White Supremacy. The link of WS to the PBs was obvious and unforgivable. I would have written an OP to condemn the deliberate spineless attempt of both Wallace and Biden to place him in a corner that was not warranted.

Wallace and Biden both know that BLM and Antifa are Communist radicals....the Proud Boys love their country and love their beer.

So, the issue should not be what Trump said concerning the PBs. The issue is that Wallace and Biden cannot be counted on to tell the truth..they are chronic liars.....Wallace used to mock Trump in public interviews in the 80s....he has not changed one bit.

Whose side are you on anyway?...law and order and truth....or anarchy, lies and communism....

and yes, Trump does know who the PBs are and they aren't WSs either..

APAK

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because only leftists are allowed to riot. Everybody knows that. :D

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because only leftists can riot. Everybody know that. :D

You said that outloud :p :) And yeah I've been watching the news, it's a joke in Seattle and Washington, unless you're the one getting robbed and burned and beaten by BLM and Antifa, then you would probably welcome the proud boys to help out. And there are plenty of Christians that believe women shouldn't speak in church, I'm technically not one of them, but sure plenty of people in the spirit of the proud boys are Christian.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said that outloud :p :) And yeah I've been watching the news, it's a joke in Seattle and Washington, unless you're the one getting robbed and burned and beaten by BLM and Antifa, then you would probably welcome the proud boys to help out. And there are plenty of Christians that believe women shouldn't speak in church, I'm technically not one of them, but sure plenty of people in the spirit of the proud boys are Christian.
Well, it's a good thing we're not in church (for those who believe that women shouldn't say a word...). :)

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure the only people who believe his conspicuous backtracking are his apologists. No one else is buying it. All we're get from his apologists are excuses and deflections to the left-wing in an attempt to distract from Trump's blatant dishonesty. I'm not surprised he backtracked on his Proud Boys statement because it's just like him. He tried to do the same with David Duke and Prince Andrew. He's just trying to save face now because of all the backlash. Trump is a pathological liar, who incites violence and takes pleasure in degrading others and causing dissension.
The important thing is that they are not white supremacists, so why should he condemn them?

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proud Boys - Wikipedia

The organization is opposed to feminism and promotes gender stereotypes in which women are subservient to men.[43][44] The organization has a female-member-only auxiliary wing named "Proud Boys' Girls" that supports the same ideology.[53] The Anti-Defamation League states that the Proud Boys are an "extremist conservative group". According to the ADL, McInnes and the Proud Boys are misogynistic and states that they call women "lazy" and "less ambitious" than men and "venerat[e] the housewife". McInnes has called for "enforced monogamy" and criticized feminism as "a cancer".[48] Some men who are not white have joined the Proud Boys, drawn by the organization's advocacy for men, anti-immigrant stance, and embrace of violence.

The Proud Boys aren't a white supremacist group but they are certainly male chauvinists and sexist. After researching their organization online, I definitely agree that the organization is very misogynist as well. Islamophobic and xenophobic are also terms that well describe the group too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Proud Boys aren't a white supremacist group but they are certainly male chauvinists and sexist. After researching their organization online, I definitely agree that the organization is very misogynist as well. Islamophobic and xenophobic are also terms that describe the group too.

Yeah that's what I found also. I'm against misogynist and zenophobic ideas sooooo..... but hey, the Pres might align with something like that, but I don't think he is either way too much. Probably just some of his policies look that way.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has an impaired frontal cortex - no attention span, impulsivity, anger issues and no filter.

Crazy that you guys think these are good qualities. In fact, they are symptoms of dementia

so I guess I can add Projection to the list.....
And yet, he's accomplished more than ANY other president during the same amount of time in American history.
Not bad for a guy with "dementia".

YOU
should be HALF as productive . . .

· Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

· More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

· We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

· Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.

· Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

· New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

· Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

· African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

· Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

· Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

· Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

· Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

· The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.

· 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

· Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

· Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

· As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

· Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.

· Record number of regulations eliminated.

· Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

· Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

· My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

· Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

· Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

· Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

· Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

· We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

· Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

· Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

· United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

· Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

· Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

· Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

· NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

· Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

· Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

· Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

· Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

· Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

· Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

· Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

· Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

· Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

· Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

· Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

· Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

· Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proud Boys - Wikipedia

I don't consider the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) to be a credible source for information. They are extreme left.

Anti-Defamation League’s Slide Into Another Left-Wing Pressure Group

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, he's accomplished more than ANY other president during the same amount of time in American history.
Not bad for a guy with "dementia".

YOU
should be HALF as productive . . .

· Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

· More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

· We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

· Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.

· Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

· New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

· Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

· African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

· Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

· Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

· Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

· Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

· Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

· The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.

· 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

· Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

· Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

· As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

· Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.

· Record number of regulations eliminated.

· Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

· Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

· My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

· Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

· Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

· Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

· Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

· We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

· Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

· Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

· United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

· Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

· Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

· Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

· NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

· Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

· Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

· Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

· Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

· Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

· Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

· Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

· Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

· Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

· Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

· Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

· Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

· Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

that is all Obama's fault

oh wait, he takes credit for Obama's good stuff....never mind - carry on

Reactions: Giuliano

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Proud Boys aren't a white supremacist group but they are certainly male chauvinists and sexist. After researching their organization online, I definitely agree that the organization is very misogynist as well. Islamophobic and xenophobic are also terms that well describe the group too.
Are they truly ?

Male chauvinist ? lets start with that. well any one can be claimed to be such anywhere on a scale from 1 to 10 unless one is an deranged idiot and some sort of queer that claims some deranged utopia perceptions controlled by bigots.
In my time I have seen extreme male chauvinist mainly I was never surprised when I seen Italians display such a over the top nonsense as such, every Aussies laugh at such dribbling displays of such ego driven insanity. I have never seen an Aussie look up to such at all in my life. it's all about them and their ego when you boil it down with any such a clown, but then again one could be accused of being such nowadays for just anything. such is just Political Correct Nazi types making mountains out of mole hills and trying to run with the trend that they have created in fact.

Sexist on the same Political Correctness values is insane as well, discrimination oppression of women by men, well what men ? who is the biggest morons who try to bastardise women, it's the queers that are guilty by far the most disgraceful of all in fact, men claiming to be women :confused::rolleyes: what a deranged position to make claims on ! a man is not a women and never can be and that's a fact. but the Satanic trendy morons are peddling such total nonsense ! only fools swallow such total rubbish. Men wanting to compete with women in sports :confused: so they can rob a women in the Olympic Games and such :confused:. I would grab something like that by the scruff of the neck and toss him out directly, but oh no the Satanist and their deceptions claim otherwise and all the fools swallow it.

Is it wrong that I would treat a women with due diligence and somewhat different to a man, well I do in fact because we are not all equal, we are not the same in fact, I will treat a child differently as well with due diligence that they deserve. same with an old person. intelligent people understand differences. if someone punched another man in the face I may not be to bothered by such, but if a man punched a woman or a Child that is totally different story.

Misogynist well that's queer.

Some moron could claim one has a Islamic phobia ? well such could be justified you know, just because the little prissy boy is ignorant of reality does not grant him the higher moral standing, but with the trendy twats who are total ignorant of reality demanding they have the high ground on such issues, you have to bee kidding, hell I know plenty of Islamic people who will warn you of other Islamic people, because they lived through that hell. I am not ignorant of the situation I understand the situation, I am not following some trendy moronic Political Correct spin.

Xenophobic. fear ? it could just be just knowledge to watch out in some regard, but the Satanist will make pathetic claims. Queers play with such words, because they are under great delusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.