Trusting Vs. Trusting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Trusting Vs. Trusting”
Proverbs 3:5 NLT
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Sunday morning before last, I found myself waking up to a very abnormal side pain. I’ve had side pains before, but this did not feel at all like any that I’ve had before, especially that it started in the middle of the night. That Sunday, I went from an Urgent Care visit to the ER awaiting the removal of my appendix because I had early appendicitis. I still remember the shock feeling that came over me when the doctor called to say the CT scan confirmed it was appendicitis and that I needed to head to the ER to get ready for surgery.

As I waited through the early afternoon, I was being tested in various ways and prepped for my surgery. What I most appreciated is that I was being prepared mentally for what was about to happen. I didn’t know any of the people taking care of me, but I just fell into a “trust” feeling when I was being told that I would be taken great care of and that it would most likely be a very successful surgery. I was still nervous, but after they did all they could to prepare me mentally, it put me at ease knowing I would be sedated and then wake up without an appendix hurting.

After I woke up and have continued my days of healing up to now, I have been thinking everyday about the whole idea of trusting that day. I was not only realizing how much I put all my trust in what the medical personnel was doing that day to tend to my care, but I couldn’t help to think about how I so often do not trust in God as much as He promises to take care of my life. That thought has stuck with me and got me thinking a lot.

As I mentioned before, I tend to feel more at ease and trust more when things are explained to me and I can understand what I’m about to experience. Being prepared does a great deal for me. However, God does not always work this way. He so often does not explain things to us and, instead, asks us to completely trust in Him when things do not make sense and when we don’t understand things at all.

I trusted in the medical personnel because I was mentally prepared beforehand, but my trust should always ultimately be in God Who always provides and takes care of me. He often asks us to completely trust in Him when we have no idea what is ahead and what we are about to experience. That can cause some major anxiety!

My challenge for all of us is to consider how much we trust God in situations that are really challenging and in which we are totally blind to what might be ahead. Do we trust God no matter what and not depend on our understanding? Trusting in Him is everything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Trusting Vs. Trusting”

Sunday morning before last, I found myself waking up to a very abnormal side pain. I’ve had side pains before, but this did not feel at all like any that I’ve had before, especially that it started in the middle of the night. That Sunday, I went from an Urgent Care visit to the ER awaiting the removal of my appendix because I had early appendicitis. I still remember the shock feeling that came over me when the doctor called to say the CT scan confirmed it was appendicitis and that I needed to head to the ER to get ready for surgery.

As I waited through the early afternoon, I was being tested in various ways and prepped for my surgery. What I most appreciated is that I was being prepared mentally for what was about to happen. I didn’t know any of the people taking care of me, but I just fell into a “trust” feeling when I was being told that I would be taken great care of and that it would most likely be a very successful surgery. I was still nervous, but after they did all they could to prepare me mentally, it put me at ease knowing I would be sedated and then wake up without an appendix hurting.

After I woke up and have continued my days of healing up to now, I have been thinking everyday about the whole idea of trusting that day. I was not only realizing how much I put all my trust in what the medical personnel was doing that day to tend to my care, but I couldn’t help to think about how I so often do not trust in God as much as He promises to take care of my life. That thought has stuck with me and got me thinking a lot.

As I mentioned before, I tend to feel more at ease and trust more when things are explained to me and I can understand what I’m about to experience. Being prepared does a great deal for me. However, God does not always work this way. He so often does not explain things to us and, instead, asks us to completely trust in Him when things do not make sense and when we don’t understand things at all.

I trusted in the medical personnel because I was mentally prepared beforehand, but my trust should always ultimately be in God Who always provides and takes care of me. He often asks us to completely trust in Him when we have no idea what is ahead and what we are about to experience. That can cause some major anxiety!

My challenge for all of us is to consider how much we trust God in situations that are really challenging and in which we are totally blind to what might be ahead. Do we trust God no matter what and not depend on our understanding? Trusting in Him is everything.
It is experiences like that which show us better how to trust Him. He's given you a great illustration, and you are taking it to heart.

Romans 5 says that we glory (make joyful boasting) in our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance experience, and experience hope.

That is, our afflictions cause us to learn the experience of enduring through them and seeing God take care of us. This experience in our life gives us the expectation that in the future God will likewise take care of us.

And we will be be mortified in that expectation, because God's love is poured out into our hearts. He loves us, He's not going to just drop us off of a cliff!

Much love!

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Trusting Vs. Trusting”

Good post ... how would you have fared without the anaestetic? would your faith have held out?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Trusting Vs. Trusting”

Amen, and so agree, trust is everything as it shows our faith :) I find it relaxing to know things that are out of my control, no longer stress me, at all! Awesome feeling. His peace DOES surpass all understanding, for sure!

God gave you that "trust feeling", wasn't the evil one, that's for sure! God can bless the hands and the minds of every single worker in the medical team that touches you. Even those who would be considered at the most, "marginal" at their jobs, He can bless.

Love to hear how His peace works for my bro's and sisters, thanks for sharing :)

I'd ask "how's the appendix" but then, you wouldn't know would you :D

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Trusting Vs. Trusting”

According to Jeremiah 17, those who put their trust in Man or flesh and blood are cursed by God.

5 Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6 He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
6 He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.

7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.
8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
10 “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”​