Trying To Fit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And The problem with trying to fit the Church into the seven year Tribulation, is that the Church has no role to play in it. It would be like trying to fit the cast and plot of Benny and the Jets, into The Sound of Music....it just don't fit. If we are to understand first, who and what the 70th Week is for, then that point would become very evident that it has nothing to do with the Church. So let's see what the Tribulation is for, and then who is who inside the confines of it. From Jeremiah 30:7, 11

7 Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob's trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it...
...11 For I am with you,' says the LORD, 'to save you;
Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you,
Yet I will not make a complete end of you.
But I will correct you in justice,
And will not let you go altogether unpunished.'

As any student of the Bible should know, Jacob was given the new name Israel by the Lord in Genesis 32:28. In fact, it is the first time the word 'Israel' is used in the entire bible. In Jeremiah's passage, God makes three unassailable points:

1. This is the time of Israel's trouble

2. God will make a 'full end' of the nations, in which national Israel has been scattered too

3. God will punish (discipline), but not destroy Israel

Given the entire context of these verses, the time of Tribulation is what is in context here and is still yet future (since nations still exist). Ask yourself then, in light of the entire chapter,

- Where does the Church in which Christ built, fit in?

- Does the Church (the Bride of Christ) still need to be corrected in justice?

- Does the Bride of Christ still need punishment?

- Where is the Church mentioned in these passages?

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And It strikes me as odd that the level of anger and vitriol which is leveled against those of us who hold the Pre-Trib view, especially coming from other "Christians". It seems that a lot of folk are apprehensive and irritated that Christ would have the audacity to return without their say-so. Again, with all the savagery directed at us "Pre-Tribber's", you'd think we were attempting to add a fourth deity to the Trinity or something. When you boil it down, the encapsulated inside the Pre-Trib view is the following:

- That Christ ushers in His Kingdom, not men

- The Church is NOT Israel, nor is the Tribulation for the Church

- That God delivers His Bride (the Church) before He pours out His wrath on the earth

- That God's wrath begins with the first Seal Judgment