Twisted Verses: weapons of oppression?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must say I am still getting a chuckle from this. Thank you. :)

My first thought was Sampson ..she totally hoodwinked him to losing his covenant Nazarene hair.

Then we have God's man of faith and power for the hour. Joshua!
Totally deceived.
Joshua 9
4 They ( Hivites) did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors, and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up;
5 And old shoes and clouted upon their feet, and old garments upon them; and all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy.
6 And they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal, and said unto him, and to the men of Israel, We be come from a far country: now therefore make ye a league with us.
7 And the men of Israel said unto the Hivites, Peradventure ye dwell among us; and how shall we make a league with you?
8 And they said unto Joshua, We are thy servants. And Joshua said unto them, Who are ye? and from whence come ye?
9 And they said unto him, From a very far country thy servants are come because of the name of the Lord thy God: for we have heard the fame of him, and all that he did in Egypt,....
....15 And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation sware unto them."

Totally against what God had said..in taking the Promised land.

Bless you! :)

I don't think Samson was deceived. He was betrayed. Though similar I think a little different.

Yes, some of the leaders were deceived by the Gibeionites.

I did say 'seldom'.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 28:15
[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

How can God call one perfect yet only ‘til inquity was found in thee’?

Is volition perfect?
The choice, iniquity.
Adam and Eve made a choice.
Yes, indeed! Until they made the wrong choice, were they not "perfect" before God? Everything was made "very good" [Gen 1:31] and remained so for as long as men used things in the manner prescribed by God. When men twisted its use then into those who did so came the iniquity.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus