Two different ways…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 9:29a (NASB20)
And he was talking and arguing with the Hellenistic Jews; …………

Romans 14:1 (NASB20)
Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not to have quarrels over opinions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth a distinction between the two different ways of handling the two groups of people, that being those with faith and those without…. For those without faith one is to talk and argue about the truths in scripture, but to those with faith scripture says not to quarrel over opinions, but to accept…..

The reason being one is to accept the believer with differing opinions and not quarrel about them is because no one understands all the mysteries of Christ in their entirety…. For all miss the mark in one area or another, so as long as one is holding onto the truth of the Gospel one is to accept one with differing opinions, for God is teaching all those that are His, for who knows, God might be teaching them a different or deeper truth…

When Paul confronted Peter it was because the truth of the Gospel that ‘all man are equal before God’ was not being adhered to…. But then Peter had the choice to choose to adhere to the truth of the Gospel or not, letting Peter make up his mind, and reap the fruit of that decision….

Because as those that are God’s He is doing the work, the changing, the directing, the teaching, the growing in one… A believer’s job to another believer is to show love and point to Christ and let Christ do His work in the heart of those that have faith… For one can always find something to disagree with another about, for to do so, is to dispute over the letter which leads to the ruin of the hearer by getting one to follow after opinions and not after the Spirit of Christ in them….

But to an unbeliever, a believer is to stand strong in the truth of the faith, giving a reason for the hope that is in them never wavering on the truth of the Gospel…..

In the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: Pearl and David H.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Acts 9:29a (NASB20)
And he was talking and arguing with the Hellenistic Jews; …………

Romans 14:1 (NASB20)
Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not to have quarrels over opinions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth a distinction between the two different ways of handling the two groups of people, that being those with faith and those without…. For those without faith one is to talk and argue about the truths in scripture, but to those with faith scripture says not to quarrel over opinions, but to accept…..

The reason being one is to accept the believer with differing opinions and not quarrel about them is because no one understands all the mysteries of Christ in their entirety…. For all miss the mark in one area or another, so as long as one is holding onto the truth of the Gospel one is to accept one with differing opinions, for God is teaching all those that are His, for who knows, God might be teaching them a different or deeper truth…

When Paul confronted Peter it was because the truth of the Gospel that ‘all man are equal before God’ was not being adhered to…. But then Peter had the choice to choose to adhere to the truth of the Gospel or not, letting Peter make up his mind, and reap the fruit of that decision….

Because as those that are God’s He is doing the work, the changing, the directing, the teaching, the growing in one… A believer’s job to another believer is to show love and point to Christ and let Christ do His work in the heart of those that have faith… For one can always find something to disagree with another about, for to do so, is to dispute over the letter which leads to the ruin of the hearer by getting one to follow after opinions and not after the Spirit of Christ in them….

But to an unbeliever, a believer is to stand strong in the truth of the faith, giving a reason for the hope that is in them never wavering on the truth of the Gospel…..

In the Beloved, Not me
@Not me I think Romans 14 is a much neglected passage; (when ppl internalize just what it means not to busybody in other men's matters, as Peter says...)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Not me I think Romans 14 is a much neglected passage; (when ppl internalize just what it means not to busybody in other men's matters, as Peter says...)

I think it’s a ‘growing into’,,,,, once people see themselves….

Be blessed in your relationship with our Savior, Not me