Two types of social media members

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The really interesting thing about this, is that I really don't have problems on Facebook regarding the dark people. I only find that problem on forums, anyone know why?

The business model of forums is different. Forums tend to exploit people's differences and passion for free speech, but social media giants exploit sentimentalism and actually seek to control internet traffic and commerce. But it's all leveraged by the devil to dumb down emotional intelligence, with God allowing it all to go only so far, lest we totally destroy each other.

Even the most well-meaning people spend more time on the Internet than they do seeking God in prayer and Bible study. Social media was originally marketed as a virtuous attempt to connect and communitize people. What it has succeeded in doing is to connect and compare people.

There is lots of research to suggest this. In developing nations, within a year of supplying 50% of the population with mobile phones, the distribution of psychiatric medications proliferate dramatically, to put it mildly.

Two factors seem to drive the growing mental health epidemic/pandemic: Devices and darkness. COVID has ratcheted this phenomena up alarmingly high. I remember jokes being made in 2020 about Amazon delivering cannisters of compressed fresh air to doorsteps—no need to venture outside into the health-imparting rays of the sun or the negatively charged ions and purified oxygen of living greenery.

Not to mention the tendency to exercise less when indoors and the increasing modes of delivering "comfort food" to homes nearly everywhere. This is not as obvious to city dwellers but, out where I live, we have access to easily 10 times as much prepared and delivered processed food since the pandemic started as we did in 2019.

Sorry for the rant, Dev, but I'm not sure it's completely unwarranted.

And I'm experiencing deja vu - lol.

:hearteyes:

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The business model of forums is different. Forums tend to exploit people's differences and passion for free speech, but social media giants exploit sentimentalism and actually seek to control internet traffic and commerce. But it's all leveraged by the devil to dumb down emotional intelligence, with God allowing it all to go only so far, lest we totally destroy each other.

Even the most well-meaning people spend more time on the Internet than they do seeking God in prayer and Bible study. Social media was originally marketed as a virtuous attempt to connect and communitize people. What it has succeeded in doing is to connect and compare people.

There is lots of research to suggest this. In developing nations, within a year of supplying 50% of the population with mobile phones, the distribution of psychiatric medications proliferate dramatically, to put it mildly.

Two factors seem to drive the growing mental health epidemic/pandemic: Devices and darkness. COVID has ratcheted this phenomena up alarmingly high. I remember jokes being made in 2020 about Amazon delivering cannisters of compressed fresh air to doorsteps—no need to venture outside into the health-imparting rays of the sun or the negatively charged ions and purified oxygen of living greenery.

Not to mention the tendency to exercise less when indoors and the increasing modes of delivering "comfort food" to homes nearly everywhere. This is not as obvious to city dwellers but, out where I live, we have access to easily 10 times as much prepared and delivered processed food since the pandemic started as we did in 2019.

Sorry for the rant, Dev, but I'm not sure it's completely unwarranted.

And I'm experiencing deja vu - lol.

:hearteyes:
I think what has happened is similar to the news. It is a media war, and there are two sides, the liberals and conservatives. It's no secret that the liberals like to run the media and bash anyone that gets in the way of their agenda. You can see this with Trump and Biden, Conservatives and Liberals.

And it is obvious to me that some people run a smear campaign to promote their agendas. Anyone that doesn't agree with them gets smeared.

I am familiar with running a smear campaign as I used to do it when I was younger, it was a way to gain friends and make conversation. And it worked. I suppose now I see it as a form of hate speech so I try not to use it as a tactic. Although I suppose, being a conservative, I have used it somewhat.

When I thought of this thread I think a meme came to mind from Starwars:
e929bfdbcb8e48d104712ba204cf709b.jpg

Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sociopaths, I have known a few, have no genuine empathy

The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.

The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.

People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:

• break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior

sociopaths - Bing
Much love!