Two types of social media members

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm noticing there are two types of social media members. The type that are genuine and friendly. And those that only attack and run a slander campaign. Has anyone else noticed the two types of social media people?

It's almost like the yin yang of social media, those that follow the light and those that follow the darkness.

I have found that I have to control my environment. On facebook I just only have my highschool friends and family so no problems there. But on forums I have to use the ignore feature quite a bit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The really interesting thing about this, is that I really don't have problems on Facebook regarding the dark people. I only find that problem on forums, anyone know why?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm noticing there are two types of social media members. The type that are genuine and friendly. And those that only attack and run a slander campaign. Has anyone else noticed the two types of social media people?

It's almost like the yin yang of social media, those that follow the light and those that follow the darkness.

I have found that I have to control my environment. On facebook I just only have my highschool friends and family so no problems there. But on forums I have to use the ignore feature quite a bit.

What you are not understanding is that being of sound mental health is not a prerequisite for joining social media. And plenty of people use SM to vent their "crazy". Where anonymity is a perceived 1st ammendment right....it's being used as a license to spread propaganda and hate farming. Basically since misery loves company they are trying to make you as crazy as they are so they can have friends. (As pathetic as that is)

Reactions: marks and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are not understanding is that being of sound mental health is not a prerequisite for joining social media. And plenty of people use SM to vent their "crazy". Where anonymity is a perceived 1st ammendment right....it's being used as a license to spread propaganda and hate farming. Basically since misery loves company they are trying to make you as crazy as they are so they can have friends. (As pathetic as that is)
Sure, that probably describes some of the problem. I'm wondering if there are people that just enjoy being rude to others. Ya know kind of a personality trait.

Reactions: marks

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, that probably describes some of the problem. I'm wondering if there are people that just enjoy being rude to others. Ya know kind of a personality trait.
That's the "crazies" just venting their "outrage".
It's a lured trap....
Most people are not that into social media

Reactions: dev553344

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iron sharpens iron...

I was just thinking a few minutes ago... (I do that sometimes)

If everyone got along perfectly, we would become so compliant. People would just go about their day, yes sir, yes ma'am.
Nobody would bother learning anymore or searching scriptures, because everything was fine.

Pro 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Ecc 10:10
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.

And it's not just social media.. I got this one thorn and she got steal in that bite.
And because of her, I find myself drawing strength from the Lord for patience, kindness, LONGSUFFERING, ...

Maybe there has to be darkness in order to see the light?
How else do you learn to discern good from evil or right from wrong?

Take it as a challenge to sharpen your resolve to walk in the spirit and not of the world.

Just thinking...
hugs

Reactions: Mr E and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the "crazies" just venting their "outrage".
It's a lured trap....
Most people are not that into social media
Yep, I'm sure that is probably the case. My ex wife was somewhat sadistic and if you let her know something was bothering you she would increase that behavior just to be annoying I think. She seemed to enjoy it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iron sharpens iron...

I was just thinking a few minutes ago... (I do that sometimes)

If everyone got along perfectly, we would become so compliant. People would just go about their day, yes sir, yes ma'am.
Nobody would bother learning anymore or searching scriptures, because everything was fine.

Pro 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Ecc 10:10
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.

And it's not just social media.. I got this one thorn and she got steal in that bite.
And because of her, I find myself drawing strength from the Lord for patience, kindness, LONGSUFFERING, ...

Maybe there has to be darkness in order to see the light?
How else do you learn to discern good from evil or right from wrong?

Take it as a challenge to sharpen your resolve to walk in the spirit and not of the world.

Just thinking...
hugs
Yes that is also true. Opposing our ideas can be a difficult thing to endure. I have changed my beliefs a little from the forum. But I also find that some of the ideas I don't need and try to just ignore them.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is also true. Opposing our ideas can be a difficult thing to endure. I have changed my beliefs a little from the forum. But I also find that some of the ideas I don't need and try to just ignore them.
Hubris or crazy tells us that we are perfectly correct and without error....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

On Facebook I only have friends that I know personally or have met on Christian forums.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hubris or crazy tells us that we are perfectly correct and without error....
Such are the self righteous and those that are hurting enough that they don't want to look inside and evaluate themselves for error? Perhaps they can't handle the pain of self reflection?

Reactions: JohnDB

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some of those who "enjoy being rude to others" are paid shills.

They are doing everything to make people not enjoy each other. Those who are working to plot against the people.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of those who "enjoy being rude to others" are paid shills.

They are doing everything to make people not enjoy each other. Those who are working to plot against the people.
Yes that too I'm sure.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The really interesting thing about this, is that I really don't have problems on Facebook regarding the dark people. I only find that problem on forums, anyone know why?
A Christian forum is not like any other, since we are here spiritual connected to each other, and spiritually opposed by those in darkness. Other forums don't have the same dynamic.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are some with a pathological need to emotionally feed on others, and that they find Christian forum to be a fertile field for this considering so many of us want to be nice.

Much love!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such are the self righteous and those that are hurting enough that they don't want to look inside and evaluate themselves for error? Perhaps they can't handle the pain of self reflection?
Actually it was a psychological study.

They put people in a room with NOTHING except for a terminal that the subjects were warned would administer electric shocks. There was nothing to do in the room. Nothing to occupy their minds with. The subjects were suggested to do some self reflection while waiting.

90% of the participants would rather give themselves painful electric shocks than spend meaningful time in self reflection.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Vessels for wrath, vessels for Glory.

It's nothing new.

Resurrection for life, resurrection for condemnation.

It's nothing new.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've noticed in church there seem to be two types, those who are trying to follow Jesus, and those who are trying to make a name for themselves.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think there are some with a pathological need to emotionally feed on others, and that they find Christian forum to be a fertile field for this considering so many of us want to be nice.

Much love!
Sociopaths, I have known a few, have no genuine empathy

The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.

The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.

People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:

• break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior

sociopaths - Bing