UFO changed to UAP

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t take Genesis literally but I respect your views. I’m still trying to make sense of this large universe while acknowledging other ideas from science but I don’t doubt in any way the existence of God and that Jesus is our lord and savior.
I didn't study theology in school, but the sciences. I have a Bachelors of Science degree and though I majored in biological sciences, a basic understanding of chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry is required to make sense of physiology, reproduction, genetic expression, etc. (Astronomy and astrophysics was just hobby interest.)

I recieved my degree in 1980 and just 40 years later much of what I was taught is now considered inaccurate or erroneous. Science is a poor standard for faith in that science is the process of creating functional models based upon observation that give you reproducible results. Its built upon data analysis, but data analysis gives neither cause nor effect, yet allows false assumptions about correlations, introducing perceptual error.
My point is that science does not teach us truth or even fact, but is just a tool to make sense out of reality and assist us in problem solving.
Scripture on the other hand deals with absolute truths and doesn't exist for the advancement of technology, but for the Revelation of our creator in the person of His Son. The Bible contains history, but its neither a science book or history book, but God's inspired communication of His person to His creation.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven or God resides in the space outside of our universe, in another dimension or reality. That’s how I visualize it.
That’s how God created everything from nothing. From a higher dimension or reality.
That's a reasonable way to look at things, but "dimensionality" is a function of creation. Mathematically, time is a physical dimension which varies in space with relative velocity. Consequently time is a created thing and not the framework of eternity. God is Spirit, and spirit is not a quantifiable physical thing and only physical things can have dimensionality. God created dimensionality when He created the heavens and the Earth.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And…as much as I’ve mostly dismissed those who have been yelling that ‘aliens are demons’, this movie made me stop and go…maybe. Because if these ‘aliens’ are what Dr Greer says they are, without a doubt they are a spiritual being…and they are not of God…we connect with God through the Holy Spirit.
Which makes you wonder…why the ruse? But then….I’d wager that today…more people are probably accepting that aliens and UAP’s exist, than they’d admit that God exists.
So again…maybe. Nothing we, as Christians, I think, can really do but watch, be wise and prayerful…and not be deceived.

Just as an aside comment from having dealt with a few of these over the years, let me offer you some commentary from someone with a somewhat extensive information in some of the related fields.

As far as life ( defined as some form of 'flesh" be it human, Vulcan, Klingon, Grey or Reptilian), scripture doesn't really address the issue so we should be open to the possibility but not really dwell on it. (God could have sent His Son to a million "class M planets"- I personally don't believe that ever happened for a number of reasons but there is nothing Scriptural saying it couldn't)

Now as a PE firmly grounded in physics, physical mechanics Euclidian and Newtonian concepts, I can tell you with almost total assurance that even if life ( flesh) is out there- we will never meet for this reason. (I have used this argument to diffuse many an evolutionists too)

There are only 2 possible options on how the universe got here. God created us or we were some random accident that just happened to work. (no 3rd option). That being true then in either case, the universe is common unto itself. (Iron here is the same Iron as in the Delta quadrant and the same laws of physics apply)

That being true- they cannot get here ( nor can we get there) because regardless of technology ( technology is simply a means to achieve a process- not a magical quality that "does" things)- we do not have any material, element or power that can accomplish the trip. (That's why my quantum and theoretical counterparts want to assign a value to zero so they can "make the math work" but never seem to be able to produce a working model in our universe)

Now to the UFO. If we exclude all other possibilities ( error, drugs, imagination, lie and "everything" else) and still have a legitimate event then it would strongly default to angelic in nature. (Angels are of a higher order and not subject to our physical laws and they have been known to appear in various ways). Angel or demon simply denotes what side they are on.

Judging them by their fruits, I would be hard pressed to believe that a legitimate encounter with reptilians scaring fishermen in Mississippi or anything similar to be sanctioned or approved by God for His purpose..

I could however see Satan using such things as yet another in a "deception by a thousand cuts" combined with other happenings to either scare or push people away from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised ( but am not endorsing or attempting to validate) that many older reports of "beings" in flying machines might have actually been demons. Things like that would fit Satan's MO

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@An Apologetic Sheepdog , you are basing your reasons with the rules of physics we know now.
Maybe these biological creatures or Artificial Intelligence know other rules. Maybe they know what dark energy or dark matter is. That’s how they get so quickly here.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as an aside comment from having dealt with a few of these over the years, let me offer you some commentary from someone with a somewhat extensive information in some of the related fields.

As far as life ( defined as some form of 'flesh" be it human, Vulcan, Klingon, Grey or Reptilian), scripture doesn't really address the issue so we should be open to the possibility but not really dwell on it. (God could have sent His Son to a million "class M planets"- I personally don't believe that ever happened for a number of reasons but there is nothing Scriptural saying it couldn't)

Now as a PE firmly grounded in physics, physical mechanics Euclidian and Newtonian concepts, I can tell you with almost total assurance that even if life ( flesh) is out there- we will never meet for this reason. (I have used this argument to diffuse many an evolutionists too)

There are only 2 possible options on how the universe got here. God created us or we were some random accident that just happened to work. (no 3rd option). That being true then in either case, the universe is common unto itself. (Iron here is the same Iron as in the Delta quadrant and the same laws of physics apply)

That being true- they cannot get here ( nor can we get there) because regardless of technology ( technology is simply a means to achieve a process- not a magical quality that "does" things)- we do not have any material, element or power that can accomplish the trip. (That's why my quantum and theoretical counterparts want to assign a value to zero so they can "make the math work" but never seem to be able to produce a working model in our universe)

Now to the UFO. If we exclude all other possibilities ( error, drugs, imagination, lie and "everything" else) and still have a legitimate event then it would strongly default to angelic in nature. (Angels are of a higher order and not subject to our physical laws and they have been known to appear in various ways). Angel or demon simply denotes what side they are on.

Judging them by their fruits, I would be hard pressed to believe that a legitimate encounter with reptilians scaring fishermen in Mississippi or anything similar to be sanctioned or approved by God for His purpose..

I could however see Satan using such things as yet another in a "deception by a thousand cuts" combined with other happenings to either scare or push people away from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised ( but am not endorsing or attempting to validate) that many older reports of "beings" in flying machines might have actually been demons. Things like that would fit Satan's MO
Interesting but you've made some assumptions about angelic beings which can't be true. Angel's interact physically with human beings, which means that they have physicality. It also takes them time to move from place to place, another result of being a physical part of creation.
I'm also pretty sure that they couldn't produce offspring with humans without being physical (they aren't God.)

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting but you've made some assumptions about angelic beings which can't be true. Angel's interact physically with human beings, which means that they have physicality. It also takes them time to move from place to place, another result of being a physical part of creation.
I'm also pretty sure that they couldn't produce offspring with humans without being physical (they aren't God.)

Then you need to read scripture and understand it. Angels can be solid or physical, and mate with humans and produce offspring to name a few. They can also assume forms of people. As far as the linear time it takes them to do something- nowhere in scripture is that addressed so its a baseless assumption.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are basing your reasons with the rules of physics we know now.
Maybe these biological creatures or Artificial Intelligence know other rules. Maybe they know what dark energy or dark matter is. That’s how they get so quickly here.

It doesn't work that way except in the science fiction genre.

For something to be a "law" of physics, it must be proven by falsification ( or it is reduced to a theory, axiom etc.)

Therefor, any "law" we have yet to discover cannot contradict anything we have already proven.

"They" don't have anything more to work with or any secret sauce that "we" don't either.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh man…I saw this! My son is interested in the idea that there might, possibly be life somewhere in the universe, and, well, I don’t think our faith necessarily excludes the possibility of God doing something else somewhere else. Just because its not mentioned in scripture doesn’t mean it’s not there…the bible is for us, for our salvation. C.S.Lewis has had some good thoughts on this. Anyway…I do my best to steer my son towards thoughtfully grounded ideas in this arena. We sometimes like going on a “fact or fiction” mission. I came across this video on amazon prime and…thankfully, watched it first before getting him to watch it (which I totally didn’t after seeing it).
I was appalled! Talk about taking a leaf straight out of the new age, I couldn’t believe how much cross over there was, in language, in practice and experience. In the fact that Dr Greer thinks aliens are ‘interdimensional’ beings and that you are more likely to have a ‘spiritual experience’ with them, than a physical. I got a little bit sick, to be honest…the experiences he talked about were not unlike those who open themselves up to demonic or spiritual oppression…insane!
And…as much as I’ve mostly dismissed those who have been yelling that ‘aliens are demons’, this movie made me stop and go…maybe. Because if these ‘aliens’ are what Dr Greer says they are, without a doubt they are a spiritual being…and they are not of God…we connect with God through the Holy Spirit.
Which makes you wonder…why the ruse? But then….I’d wager that today…more people are probably accepting that aliens and UAP’s exist, than they’d admit that God exists.
So again…maybe. Nothing we, as Christians, I think, can really do but watch, be wise and prayerful…and not be deceived.
Greer is an ambitious career actor who is heavily involved in the occult. I've been aware of him for 50 years. In my opinion, people should ignore him. What we are talking about here is satanic in origin.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Heaven or God resides in the space outside of our universe, in another dimension or reality. That’s how I visualize it.
That’s how God created everything from nothing. From a higher dimension or reality.

What does the Word of GOD say?

Isaiah 40:v.21-22-Complete Jewish Bible

21 Don’t you know? Don’t you hear?
Haven’t you been told from the start?
Don’t you understand how the earth is set up?
22 He who sits above the circle of the earth —
for whom its inhabitants appear like grasshoppers —
stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Gary, don't you realize that what you're saying is just your imagination or guesswork? What you said is out of Scripture, it's actually an extra-Bible fantasy, because your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God’s perspective.

Coming to the Scriptures, you know that God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all, right?

So, according to the Scriptures the question is:
Which way leads to where light has its home? and darkness, where does it dwell? Job 38:v.19-CJB

Remember: JESUS said: John 14:v.1 to 5

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Oseas my imagination is based on the current observations of reality and the universe.
If the universe came from the Big Bang then the “space” outside this point if where I imagine God to be.
Also I don’t take Genesis literally but symbolically.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you need to read scripture and understand it. Angels can be solid or physical, and mate with humans and produce offspring to name a few. They can also assume forms of people. As far as the linear time it takes them to do something- nowhere in scripture is that addressed so its a baseless assumption.
You just repeated what I said except that you finished with a false claim. The "linear" experience of time and movement is obvious from a conversation between Daniel and the angel sent to speak with him. Would you like the passage?
I've read the entire Bible in multiple translations dozens of times over a course of about 57 years or so. I don't understand everything in it, no one does but God, but I'm familiar with more than the common oddities that most people like to explore.
By the way, with regard to an earlier post of yours,scripture does talk about extraterrestrial life to some extent so you're obviously missing something. The heavenly host is alive, created beings, and are extraterrestrial by definition.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does talk about extraterrestrial life to some extent so you're obviously missing something. The heavenly host is alive, created beings, and are extraterrestrial by definition.

And if you bother to detail read- you will see that I covered that specifically.

You just repeated what I said except that you finished with a false claim.

I made no false claim

The "linear" experience of time and movement is obvious from a conversation between Daniel and the angel sent to speak with him. Would you like the passage?

No because as i pointed out "obvious" doesn't equate to definition as i alluded to.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible tells us that there is other life in the universe. The heavenly host, not the physical stars but the spiritual beings are created living beings. God even calls some of them men as in the passage about lucifer. Our problem with perception is that most of humanity, including most of professing christianity, just doesn't believe scripture.
Well…yes…that ought to go without saying for the Christian. I was, in my ‘supposing’…referring to what is commonly thought of as alien life…as such.
But, at a general level, I think we must ask ourselves…if the things people are seeing here, or experiencing, are “real”…then what sort of creatures/beings/entities would they be? I think logic would dictate that they must be of the spiritual/inter-dimensional variety…especially since most report that they seem to ‘break the rules of science’.
Which leads us back…for the Christian…to being extremely wary.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well…yes…that ought to go without saying for the Christian. I was, in my ‘supposing’…referring to what is commonly thought of as alien life…as such.
But, at a general level, I think we must ask ourselves…if the things people are seeing here, or experiencing, are “real”…then what sort of creatures/beings/entities would they be? I think logic would dictate that they must be of the spiritual/inter-dimensional variety…especially since most report that they seem to ‘break the rules of science’.
You have to be wary of everything in the world. The world is not the friend of Christ or of His disciples and I agree with those who say the 3 principle enemies of Christian's are the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Reactions: Naomi25

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Thanks for your input.
This is pretty much my tactic as well. I only ‘dwell’ on it, as far as trying to steer my son towards realistic and healthy thoughts about the subject. But as far as my faith goes, if actual ‘alien’ life were to someday show up, it wouldn’t shake my faith. The bible doesn’t mention it, but nor does it preclude it. As I said before, the bible is about this world, this people and the salvational plan for us. There was no need for God to mention if or what he was doing out in the furtherest reaches. Maybe nothing, maybe something. Most likely…none of our business and we’ll never know about it.

I do not have a background in science…at all! But yes, it is my understanding that the science behind all the “one day we too will have spaceships that will magically bend space to our will” was a bit pie in the sky. I mean, sure, I guess technology grows all the time, new discoveries could potentially be made, but as we live within a space/time world where certain laws are both set and observable…well…as you say…theres no magic-ing out of that.

Plus…the assumption that alien life out there must be more advanced than us, AND it also found our planet…out of the billions of planets to zero in on. I dunno…it’s like assuming the Big Bang managed to make all this out of nothing….something that they’ve arrived at because they sort of have to…not because the clues led them there. If that makes sense.
Speaking of the Big Bang…since I have you and you’re Science Guy: IS it crazy, scientifically speaking, to believe that 1: an explosion could happen when nothing existed in the first place to ignite said explosion, and 2: said explosion of ‘nothing’ could then go on to create everything? How do they even get around that?

I tend to agree with you. My husband thinks its a stupid idea. He keeps saying “what’s the purpose? Why would Satan and demons do that?”. Deception, I think. People like the idea of aliens. They like the idea of there being ‘more out there’. They don’t like the idea of God…because with the idea of God comes the idea of someone telling them what to think and do. Aliens, they think, will just lead them to a more technologically advanced life and ‘enlightenment’…or some such rot.
I’m not….100% sold on this, but I can understand it happening this way, if that makes sense. I think Satan will embrace and use anything that will deceive and lead people away from the truth of God.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew a guy in my old neighborhood that discussed UFOs and some conspiracy theories with me once. He claimed that aliens were spotted by two of our Apollo astronauts on the moon. These aliens were supposedly standing on some ridge watching our astronauts working. I told him that they were probably just some angels watching and wondering why we were there because the Earth is our domain, not the moon. That was the end of the conversation.
The world wants nothing of the God of scripture and will believe almost any nonsense you can imagine rather than Him.
BTW, I actually do believe in UFOs because I've seen them and tend to trust my senses for the most part. I spent a lot of time watching the night skies over Long Island as a kid and saw UFOs on a number of occasions, but UFOs are only unidentified flying objects and may be of terrestrial and human origin (like when our SR-71s did supersonic high altitude fly over camera missions of Russia or one of our other potential cold war enemies), or may be genuinely extraterrestrial, or possibly of aquatic origin (we haven't scratched the surface of deep water exploration and many UFOs have been spotted emerging from or diving into the ocean.)

Last edited:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Greer is an ambitious career actor who is heavily involved in the occult. I've been aware of him for 50 years. In my opinion, people should ignore him. What we are talking about here is satanic in origin.
He gives me the creeps. And it seems like he’s certainly drawn in and deceived many…poor, gullible souls.
When you watch that movie he made, he sounds like he’s all about the experience, and how…emotionally hard it’s been for him to get where he is now, bravely leading others in this experience to contact ‘the others’. But I bet the people he’s leading pay him through the nose for these experiences. He’s probably got a nice, fat, bank account to comfort him for all those ‘hard times’.
Like I said…he gave me the creeps…

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I knew a guy in my old neighborhood that discussed UFOs and some conspiracy theories with me once. He claimed that aliens were spotted by two of our Apollo astronauts on the moon. These aliens were supposedly standing on some ridge watching our astronauts working. I told him that they were probably just some angels watching and wondering why we were there because the Earth is our domain, not the moon. That was the end of the conversation.
The world wants nothing of the God of scripture and will believe almost any nonsense you can imagine rather than Him.
Believing in God means you might be under judgment. It means you might have to change how you live. No…I’m not surprised people don’t want to hear it. Sadly.
The way news is leaking these days about UAP’s…it would be interesting to see a poll be done…see how many people believe that eventually, maybe soon, word will break that there are, in fact “aliens”. People would much rather believe that than in God.
I do wonder if the whole alien scenario will have a part to play in end time events…perhaps in ‘the deception’ people will believe. It feels way too ‘out there’ if I’m being honest, but then I read the news, or browse amazon prime or something, and see how often people are talking about it, and thinking about it. I truly don’t think many people, at this point in history, would be surprised if ‘aliens’ (or demons) dropped out of the sky. Goodness….the state of the Church at the moment…I wouldn’t be surprised if many ‘christians’ swallowed it whole. For a time, anyway.
There has never been another time in my life where I feel I need to ‘just watch and wait’ on so many things. The bible is explicit on many things, thank goodness. But on so many others, it is not…which leaves us in a somewhat ambiguous position. I find myself wavering on how I think on so many things, the world in such a state of disarray that it could go many directions itself. I think, as a Christian, all we can really do, is have scripture as firmly in mind as possible, and then just watch the world, and wait, so as not to be deceived.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in God means you might be under judgment. It means you might have to change how you live. No…I’m not surprised people don’t want to hear it. Sadly.
The way news is leaking these days about UAP’s…it would be interesting to see a poll be done…see how many people believe that eventually, maybe soon, word will break that there are, in fact “aliens”. People would much rather believe that than in God.
I do wonder if the whole alien scenario will have a part to play in end time events…perhaps in ‘the deception’ people will believe. It feels way too ‘out there’ if I’m being honest, but then I read the news, or browse amazon prime or something, and see how often people are talking about it, and thinking about it. I truly don’t think many people, at this point in history, would be surprised if ‘aliens’ (or demons) dropped out of the sky. Goodness….the state of the Church at the moment…I wouldn’t be surprised if many ‘christians’ swallowed it whole. For a time, anyway.
There has never been another time in my life where I feel I need to ‘just watch and wait’ on so many things. The bible is explicit on many things, thank goodness. But on so many others, it is not…which leaves us in a somewhat ambiguous position. I find myself wavering on how I think on so many things, the world in such a state of disarray that it could go many directions itself. I think, as a Christian, all we can really do, is have scripture as firmly in mind as possible, and then just watch the world, and wait, so as not to be deceived.
There was a man named William Cooper who was very much interested in conspiracy theories because of things that he'd witnessed while in the Navy back during the Kennedy administration. He wrote a book called "Behold, a pale horse" that covered his ideas on most of the popular conspiracy theories of the time and he saw them as all connected. He was careful to provide a large appendix of source material, some of which was as dubious as the average supermarket tabloid, or as solid as a Senate appropriations sub committee brief on a grant application.
His conclusions were startling because he was unable to discern if the phenomena were real and being covered up, or manufactured to manipulate the public consciousness, but he was absolutely convinced that something real was happening that was more than simple fantasy or delusion.
He died violently some time ago, shot dead on his own property by law enforcement officers while attempting to chase trespassers off ( I assume that he was armed when shot,)
In ancient Greece and Rome, the builders of temples often included special echo chambers and hidden furnaces to produce unusual smoke, mists, sounds, etc. In order to decieve visitors into believing these were supernatural phenomena associated with the temple's god. People have never been shy about using deception to bolster religious authority or governmental power, so there's no reason to assume anything has changed other than the technology behind the deceptions.
We're already capable of creating static electrical discharges, basically artificial lightning on a small scale. I've pondered a means by which we could conceivably direct those discharges by using laser energy to ionize the air in narrow beams, creating the path the discharge will follow. Such a directed energy weapon, with a powerful enough source could be used to "call down fire from the skies" and a similar concept was explicitly used in a popular comedy film called "real genius."
If you can imagine something and the technology exists to do it, then someone will try. I'm pretty sure that's what the tower of Babel story is all about in Genesis.
And the Lord said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Genesis 11:6

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
@Oseas my imagination is based on the current observations of reality and the universe.
If the universe came from the Big Bang then the “space” outside this point if where I imagine God to be.
Also I don’t take Genesis literally but symbolically.

Hi Gary, thank you for your reply.
I would like to say that I understand you and your point of view and imaginations within the field of human science, it with regard to the physical space of the universe.

I can understand your point and imaginations by the gift of discernment of spirit. One thing is certain: in this discussion we will only walk in parallel path, one different of another.

I confess for my part, I'm not surprised by the advances in scientific discoveries made by men, even because, on this side of here, where I am, there is a science that you probably don't know, which 600 years BC revealed, in writing, that the science that men would develop it also would multiply - Daniel 12:v.4-
4 - 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge (science) shall be increased.

Having said that, I would also say that the greater science belongs to the One who created the Universe, and not to those who imagine how it was created, and they discovered the laws and systems applied, so that the universe would come into existence and remaining strictly perfect.

There are some discoveries made by men of science a century or two ago, but the Scriptures already recorded them millennia before Christo. By the way, the Bible has about 3,500 years of writings, but they describe facts that happened during an eternity in the garden of God, in Eden, and of the countless population of inhabitants that existed there, the children of God.

With regard to Genesis, revealed to Moses after 2,500 years after the fall in Eden, this book describes God's Plan for the restoration or restitution of all things that were undone in Eden. God's Plan of restoration will LITERALLY be carried out from now on onwards, and the new existence of life will have a previously established duration of 1,000 years. After that, the heaven of heavens will be established forever, for all eternity.

No offense, why would I? I'm sure all the knowledge, and science, and theories of men are likely to be sucked into a black hole in the very near future.