Under the Law is a curse, not Doing the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you believe you still slip up at times and sin? Or do you believe you never sin anymore?

And if you do realize that you still sin at times, what is it that you do about it?
Not sure how this relates to out conversation

if we say we have n sin we decieve ourselves

i look to the law of love as Jesus said, and n these two are all the law and prophets.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how this relates to out conversation

if we say we have n sin we decieve ourselves

i look to the law of love as Jesus said, and n these two are all the law and prophets.

In your other post you said the law was for the lawless, and I agree. It is for the sinner Paul also said. So... since you agree that if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, then when you slip up at times and commit future sin, what do you do about it?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your other post you said the law was for the lawless, and I agree. It is for the sinner Paul also said. So... since you agree that if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, then when you slip up at times and commit future sin, what do you do about it?
The sinner is the lost. The unsaved.

The righteous is the saved,

As I said. I do not look to the law. The law led me to christ. That was its purpose. I am no longer looking for Christ..

Again, I look to the law of love.. WHen I see I did nto love. I know I have sinned. Whether I broke a command or not..

The law can not help you. Unless you have yet to find christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thereis only One Immortal, Who dwells in unapproachable light
All souls are immortal when created by the Spirit of Christ.

The mortal body becomes immortal for the immortal soul at the resurrection of the dead, just as Jesus' dead body.

There is only eternal Spirit and Being, Christ, that creates all immortal souls.

Being created immortal is not the same as being Eternal.

Scripture doesn't teach an end of existence to any spiritual being created by God, whether angel or man.

The hope of unbelieving sinners to end existence with this life, is as false as deluded sinners to go to heaven, while sinning unto the end of this life.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true.

Doing the law with or without faith has nothing to do with the curse of the law.

The curse of the law is the mere fact whoever does not obey every word is cursed. period.

True, which is why Jesus came to remove the curse of transgressing His law in any point, which is to transgress all His law.

He does so by taking away our sins, so that we are no more sinning against His word in any point, whether lusting in the heart to sin, and sinning in word or deed.

When we are sinning against His law, we are still cursed with death of the soul: the sinning soul is still dead to God.

The end of the law is the fact that law can not condemn us anymore. Because who who knew no sin was made sin for us. And he took the curse for us.

Gal 3:
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

He took our sins away, not the curse of death for sinning.

When you are sinning, you're soul is dead and cursed, and mercy of God is to allow space to repent.

There is now no condemnation for them not sinning against Christ and His law. There is now condemnation for them sinning against God and His law.

Delusion 101 is not being condemned anymore for sinning, by grace, while others are condemned for the same sinning.

OSAS grace to cover sinning, is not God's grace to help not to be sinning.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you were BORN DEAD.

the law did not MAKE YOU DEAD
Born dead is still born of a mortal body.

The law does not make our souls dead, but our soul sinning against the law of Christ receives the wage of death.

When any soul is sinning, he is dead to God.

When you are sinning, you are not born of God, but dead to Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The law is not a means to show us how to live. Jesus tried to show us on the sermon on the mount.. The law says this, But I tell you.. We can live our whole life having never committed adultery according to the law. Yet according to the spirit. have sinned thousands of time.. because we have looked with Lust.. which is not breaking the law per say.."

The law is the definition of how not to live: while transgressing the law of Christ, we are not alive in Christ, nor living with Him.

Those cleansed by Christ are not sinning thousands of times with lust anymore, not even once.

Those having been cleansed in Christ, that conceive lust again within the heart, are no more clean, but wallowing in their old mire, and do not know nor live with Him:

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

"Jesus said be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect.. According to the law. that is what you must do.."

According to His word, that is what we must do, and in need of His perfect seed, Spirit, and grace to do so: not to be lusting for sin within the heart, nor sinning in word and deed.

Those sinning with lust of heart hate the law of Christ and still see it as a curse, because they are being condemned by it.

"We live under the law of Christ, or the law of love.. that is where our focus should be. Not the law of moses.."

Sinners love to make up things that sound really nice: Scripture never speaks of any 'law of love'. That is euphemism for sinners that say they still love God in the heart, while lusting for the devil in the heart,a nd sinning against God with the flesh.

It's why Christians call OSAS grace greasy and oily.

No one sinning with the devil is loving God nor man, though they no doubt love the sinning while doing so.

No one fornicating is loving anyone by their own selves:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to them that obey Him from a pure heart in the fear of the Lord.

OSAS is the end of doing the law for unrighteousness practised by deluded minds without fear.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful While up to a point I appreciate the Reformed writers, yet it is hard not to part company with them when they sometimes try to assert that the law (rather than the Gospel) is the rule of the believer's life (according to the 1689 Confession); an earlier Baptist confession does not say this; it's as if the Israel/church blending of Presbyterianism was inserted into the 1689 Baptist Confession.
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

The first error of those who don't know what they are talking about in teaching the law, is separating the law, word, doctrine, rule, and gospel of God from each other, as though someone can be obeying the gospel of Jesus, while transgressing the law of Christ.

The good news of Jesus is not being counted as righteous and spiritually uncondemned, while fornicating with the flesh.: the good news is to become spiritually pure and righteous altogether withing the cup, that we may not be found fornicating with the flesh.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

The the OT, the law of Moses was the law of God that judges every transgressor, which cut of males uncircumcised in flesh after the 8th day.

In the NT, it is the law of Christ that judges every transgressor, which no more includes circumcision of the flesh, but certainly cuts of them fornicating with the flesh.

The greater power of the law of Christ, than that of Moses, is to cut off them lusting with the heart to fornicate, before even doing so with the flesh.

Doers of the law of Christ are the doers of the word of Christ, and no man not doing His word, by transgressing His law is justified by Christ.

There is no loving Jesus Christ and having part in His gospel, while sinning with the devil against His word and law:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

No unrighteous fornicator is inheriting the kingdom of God while fornicating.

The good news of Jesus Christ is not being saved and justified, while fornicating 'under grace', but is by grace having help not to be a lustful fornicator, and so be found condemned with all other lustful fornicators on earth:

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Paul needed continually remind newborn Christians, that being saved by grace through faith, and not by outward works of the law only, was not the gospel of being saved by grace through faith while transgressing the law outwardly.

Jesus comes first to His own, to purify the hearts of them doing His law outwardly only.

He then goes on to seek to save those not doing His law at all: outward transgressors aren't even in the running.

He first purifies His law-abiding body, then He adds to His body unsaved transgressors, if they repent of sinning against Him and His law.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sinner is the lost. The unsaved.

The righteous is the saved,

As I said. I do not look to the law. The law led me to christ. That was its purpose. I am no longer looking for Christ..

Again, I look to the law of love.. WHen I see I did nto love. I know I have sinned. Whether I broke a command or not..

The law can not help you. Unless you have yet to find christ.

Not a religious answer, but a realistic answer. Because God's laws will never go away, not even for us who have believed on Jesus Christ. So it is not my fault that the preacher(s) you listen to have failed to cover below what Apostle Paul taught...

1 Tim 1:5-11
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

Paul agrees that The Lord's commandment has its end as "charity" (love) out of a pure heart and good conscience, and a sincere Faith.

6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

But Paul says some have turned from that to vain babbling, not knowing what they're talking about. He's pointing to how some turn to religious speech, leaving the truth.

7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

For those babblers don't know what they're saying, nor what they assert involving the law. Is Paul rebuking those who say God's law still has an application in Christian society? Nope, afraid not, as he will show here, but that's exactly how those who want to keep to religious speakeasy want to think.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

God's law is good, IF a man use it lawfully. How's that? I thought we have become dead to the law through Christ, and that it was ONLY to BRING us to Christ? Why would Paul say that here?

I recommend you go back and re-study those Galatians 4 and 5 chapters about not wanting to be back in bondage to the law, because the bondage Paul was pointing to are the very things of the 'old covenant' that Lord Jesus nailed to His cross (i.e., ordinances and ritual of the old covenant, like circumcision, sacrifices, various washings, etc., that were part of the 'old covenant'). God's laws contain much more than those 'old covenant' things that put one in bondage to keeping it.

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

There we go. Apostle Paul makes it clear that the law wasn't made for the righteous, but for the lawless, disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, etc. So what happens when a believer in Christ messes up and sins, like that drunkenness DUI example I gave? And don't tell me that cannot happen to brethren in Christ Jesus, as that actually a simple example of how a Christian can mess up and do future sin.

Paul is giving examples of sins in here directly from God's laws. It is still, today, against God's law to do murder, rape, manslayers, whoremongers (prostitution), menstealers (kidnappers), liars, perjury (lying on the witness stand), etc. All of those sins are still on the books in Christian society today, and they originated from God's law. Even the sin of sodomy is still on the law books in some U.S. states (though not enforced).

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

KJV

Notice how Apostle Paul made that teaching part of "the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed" to his trust. So where's today's preachers that used to teach The Old Testament history along with The New Testament Gospel of Jesus Christ? The Churches I grew up in preached hellfire and brimstone and the Old Testament examples of falling to sin, and its consequences. And they rebuked members in the Church that everyone knew were sinning, and showed them what happened to those in The Bible that did the same. Where's that preaching today, with knowledge in God's Word, and not in man's philosophical fancy words?