Under the Law is a curse, not Doing the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you show me Scripture for death 'penalties', and not just mental math, then I'll consider what you say.

In the meantime, the only ones having sin are those lusting to have it.

Now, if it's falling flat before the Lord, no problem.
For the wages (plural) of sin is death.

Its not just one

Everyone has sin, Unless that sin is washed by the blood.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teaching of Jesus to have mercy on them repentant, does not do away with the death penalty to the body.

Even for the repentant.

And the death penalty for sinning remains: death to the soul.

No one sinning is alive to Christ, but dead with the devil.
Ypu dont get it

The death penalty in the law was physical death.

Not spiritual;.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ypu dont get it

The death penalty in the law was physical death.

Not spiritual;.
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

The law of God is spiritual first, including that of Moses.

The error of the Jews was not taking it spiritually first, and the reformation of Christ is to do so.

I don't care about any death penalty for the body, because it's mortal anyway.

The only death penalty I care about is my soul.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

The law of God is spiritual first, including that of Moses.

The error of the Jews was not taking it spiritually first, and the reformation of Christ is to do so.

I don't care about any death penalty for the body, because it's mortal anyway.

The only death penalty I care about is my soul.
Dude I am sick of you trying to impose your belief and not looking at the context at what is being spoken of.

This conversation started with the statment that those who commit adultry according to the law have a penalty of death.

According to the law. Those who commit adultry are to be stoned. PERIOD.

The verse you mention above has absolutely nothing to do with what the person said.

If you can not listen and try to understand what people are saying. Then there is no need to continue. Because you are too hard hearted to admit you were wrong.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude I am sick of you trying to impose your belief and not looking at the context at what is being spoken of.

This conversation started with the statment that those who commit adultry according to the law have a penalty of death.

According to the law. Those who commit adultry are to be stoned. PERIOD.

The verse you mention above has absolutely nothing to do with what the person said.

If you can not listen and try to understand what people are saying. Then there is no need to continue. Because you are too hard hearted to admit you were wrong.
If you had said that the spiritual application of the law of Moses was not important to you at the time, then of course, I would have left it.

Biut, since you have sought to argue against it, then you have kept the door open.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The law of Moses was also spiritual first.

Any adulterous soul is already dead, and any society can impose killing the body also, if they want to, and not be against God's law.

You're whole effort to declare no more death penalty for adultery fails on both counts.

I am also fully aware that you are an incorrectible person.

That doesn't matter to me. All that matters to me is the truth. So, in future, don't reply to me in anything, and save yourself some anguish.

You see, none of this is personal to me, and I don't take it personal. I'm grown up.

As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this seems to be ignoring that soul and life are the same word in the Bible wadr
Before Christ came on earth, the truth that man is created a spiritual being first, was mostly lost in the shadows of men's minds at best.

And so, the soul, life, and body were almost as one and the same.

Now with the revelation of Jesus Christ and being born again of God, we know perfectly that we are immortal spiritual beings, while the body is nothing but mortal flesh made to die in time.

And so, we fear not them that can kill the body, even for adultery, but only the death of our souls by sinning against God.

I refuse to take any thought for an other than my spouse, not because of any fear about my body, or even my marriage, but because of the love and fear of the Lord for my soul.

Also, since I do love my hot wife, with heart and body, then that makes it all the easier.:D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
we know perfectly that we are immortal spiritual beings
we do?
There is only One Immortal…
I refuse to take any thought for an other than my spouse, not because of any fear about my body, or even my marriage, but because of the love and fear of the Lord for my soul.

Also, since I do love my hot wife, with heart and body, then that makes it all the easier
hmm
seems directly opposed to hate your family imo, but i get that that is not an easy concept

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO ONE CAN KEEP THE LAW.

so in fact, the thread is not true. It does not matter if you try to keep it by faith, inwardly or outwardly. We are still sinning and falling short.
I never said you are not sinning. I would never accuse you of lying about that.

God never said no man can keep His law, but only that all have sinned against His law at one time or another, until Jesus, and now through Christ we can do all things, who strengthens us.

I say 'we', as in Christian saints. You say 'we' as in sinners.

This is non responsive. Moses said cursed is the one who does not obey every word. Paul repeated those words in Galatians three.

You can't keep the law. period

True, and James confirmed if we offend in one point of law, we offend in all.

And so long as we keep every word and thought for unrighteous sin from taking root in our heart today, then we will not now be sinning with the flesh, because it is not possible to do what one hates to do from the heart:

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

When you speak of you still sinning of the devil, that is your right, but when you speak of me, that is your accusation. I am not like you, and you do not want to be like me. You will still be sinning for the devil, but I seek to endure, run, and fight to still be a saint.

ANd if I do sin with the devil like you, then I can be forgiven by confession unto repentance. However, your confessions to God may come to a point of mocking Him, where He no longer draws you to Him to confess. That is if you even bother confessing your sinning anymore.

If you think you are righteous and keep the law. You are in trouble. Seek Christ. where the law was supposed to lead you

I don't think anything. I know because I know Him, and I know His righteousness from a pure heart; whereas I once did not.

Only a blind sinner would ever say that keeping the law in righteousness and true holiness from the heart, makes believers to be in trouble.

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Your error is twofold: that we are speaking of the law of Christ, not of Moses. The second being that the law of Christ is His word.

If no man can keep His law, then no man can be a doer of His word.

That certainly applies to you by your own confession, but not everyone is sinning like you.

And your third error of course is the worst: you like sinning to much to repent of sinning, and then you go on to justify it, and then you even go on to condemning the righteous who sin no more like you.

If you had the power of Cain over any brethren saint, you would certainly do as Cain:

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we do?
There is only One Immortal…
hmm
seems directly opposed to hate your family imo, but i get that that is not an easy concept
Not all do. The natural man receives not the things of the spirit: he only acknowledges the mortal things of this life. It doesn't mean that any man does not have an immortal soul created by God.

All souls, as with all created spiritual beings are made immortal, whether angels or men.

Our bodies only are mortal, which is how we are made a little lower than the angels. Not in immortal spiritual being, but in mortal flesh.

There is only eternal Being and Creator of all creation and creatures, whether immortal spiritual beings or other living creatures on earth.

In the end, there will be immortally damned or immortally blessed souls. This truth even had shadowy form in the pagan myths, with some souls even being deified unto heaven among the Gods.

Spiritual beings never cease to exist, but can cease to be alive in Christ, beginning with Lucifer.

hmm

Mine is much easier, even when we try each others' patience. We're worth it to each other.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once we understand that the curse of the law is twofold: breaking the law, and doing the law without faith, then we understand how the law leads to receiving Jesus Christ.

Since we must keep the law or die, then we must find the way to keep the law: Receiving Jesus Christ within the heart is the only way to keep the law by faith in Him: to do the righteousness of the law by keeping the letter outwardly from a purified heart within.

The end of the law is not the law being ended and done away, but is the fulfillment of doing the law by the Spirit of Christ.

The lawless have neither the law nor Christ.

The end of the law is not transgressing the law while hypocritically celebrating grace.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It doesn't mean that any man does not have an immortal soul created by God.

All souls, as with all created spiritual beings are made immortal, whether angels or men
well, id have to ask for a Quote there wadr; i dont think so. I can think of, oh, ten Scriptures that contradicts, right off the bat?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stoning the body is nothing in relation to the soul dying
can you Quote a root word for “soul” that is not also used for “life?” I mean, there might be some form…but i suggest that it will be mostly an empty pursuit, rd. Christ came that we might have life, more abundantly, right. Id be wary about that belief fwiw; you do not know one single person who was stoned to death and continued on in any form, right? And any examples you might derive from the Bible come at the expense of other Scripture, i think

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, id have to ask for a Quote there wadr; i dont think so. I can think of, oh, ten Scriptures that contradicts, right off the bat?
I'd be glad to hear them.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God first made the body for man mortally of the dust, just as with all living creatures on the earth.

But then, God made man a living soul by His breath, just as with all living spiritual beings, whether angel or man.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ps 139:

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

God now creates all living souls of man in the lowest parts of the earth first, and is also wrapped into the fleshy body of the woman's womb: ANd so was Jesus' body mortal flesh by the seed of David in Mary's womb.

The substance of man created by the Spirit of God is spirit, immortal spiritual being, and the substance of man seen on earth is flesh, mortal body:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

All living souls of men are born of the Spirit first, and are all thus sons of God by birth in the beginning

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

And so, we are to be spiritually clean within the heart first, to be doing His righteousness in mortal bodies:

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Until man ceases to think naturally only, and acknowledges we are all created immortal spiritual beings first, just like the angels, then we cannot possibly receive His Spirit to do what we were created for in the first place: to please God by faith and be justified by Christ in deed and in truth.

Being born again is being made new and living souls again by the same One who created us as such at the first: Jesus Christ.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The light of Christ that makes man different from all other living creatures on earth, is the same light that lightens all spiritual beings, whether angel or man: the power to think, intend, and imagine, which is only from the eternal Being and Spirit Himself: God.

What natural man takes for granted, and gives not glory and honor to God for, is thinking, intending, and imagining: that is the substance and stuff of the spiritual kingdom, which is immortal and far more important than any natural mortal body.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you Quote a root word for “soul” that is not also used for “life?” I mean, there might be some form…but i suggest that it will be mostly an empty pursuit, rd. Christ came that we might have life, more abundantly, right. Id be wary about that belief fwiw; you do not know one single person who was stoned to death and continued on in any form, right? And any examples you might derive from the Bible come at the expense of other Scripture, i think
Original languages is not necessary.

The soul does not die, because the body is killed, and neither does the body sin of it's own, except the soul do it with the body.

The soul dies, because the soul sins with the body. The body only dies, because it is made mortal.

The body does not do the sinning, nor dies by sinning, but the soul commits the sin, and the body only dies, when the spirit departs this earth.

You see, all works or man, like all spiritual beings are spiritual first, whether good or evil. Living creatures have spirit is mortal bodies, but they don't do works, because they don't think, intend, and imagine to do them: works are only by spiritual beings created by God, to do works as He does: good, not evil as the Lucifer chose to do in the beginning.

The lie that the body does the sinning and so is worthy of death, such as being born with sin nature, is the vain imagination of carnal minded people, who want judgement of sin to be upon the body, and not upon their own souls: that is strong delusion.

If I sin, it is I that do it, not the body: I am a soul and spiritual being, that does with my body what I will. I am not only a body that does what it will.

Nothing I do is my body's fault: that is childishness.

The mortal flesh has no will of it's own: man sinning is neither the fault of the flesh nor of the devil, though it be the devil tempting man to sin with the flesh.

Last edited: