• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not being annoying Lily. It's hard for me to answer a question that specific without knowing a bit more background. I can imagine almost any kind of "touch" that would try to make someone feel small and helpless. Alot of the psychological grooming for trafficking victims definitely involves unwanted touching, like a non-verbal message saying "I can touch you and.you can't stop me.) Grooming involves programmed thinking that reinforces feelings of helplessness, not being powerful enough to say no....feeling "owned". So its possible. Patting an adult on the head is diminuative.....

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry to be annoying but could abusers and such be obsessed with touching the victim's head or patting it? idk.
Yes, if you're noticed it and your red flags are up, you have good reason. It is a dominating gesture. I have experienced it to a degree by a former handler.

Reactions: lilygrace

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has happened to me in this topic only I experienced what is known as "co-presence." I, being the host or presenter personality, was cognizant of an alter stepping forward. The conditions were just right for him to come forward. This is the post:

This is the first time I've experienced co-presence with this alter, @lilygrace . I would never express such things but I let it stand because he has the right to speak up and be heard.
it makes sense that you could dissociate while saying something. i had a friend lose time on me sharing something traumatic with me. i guess its easier to make sense of it when it happens to another person than oneself.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Survivors ministering to other survivors is going to become more and more commonplace.
This is a bit off the immediate topic, but listening to other survivors testimonies is often something God uses to minister. I'm going to find a couple of links to some pretty amazing and powerful testimonies..in my next post, for those interested...

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Male survivors like myself are a rarity, it seems. Most survivors are women and it's difficult to come by the testimony of men who have been shattered like us.
Yes, and as a personal example, you are only the second male survivor I've spoken to who acknowledges a need for deprogramming and has embarked on that journey with the Lord. In contrast, I have spoken to ... goodness, a hundred or so female survivors who have embarked on this journey. So your testimony is of great importance.

Reactions: lilygrace

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there are three videos at that link...
Two are interviews/ testimonies of a male survivor from South Africa. Very informative and somewhat rare. We don't hear much from male survivors compared to the number of female survivorsthat have publicly come forward to share their experiences

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shattered, one day I believe you will find that your witness will have a powerful effect on other male survivors who will begin walking this path to freedom very soon. He has not forgotten male survivors, but the timing is different. MANY more will be choosing freedom in the future. He is calling the names of many....they will respond, and I think it will be soon.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was and am not respected even for eating. .
He would put his face near my food on an almost daily basis. He put his pen knife on my food plate that's been other places. Etc.
Or maybe I'm making a big deal out of this ....

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Jostler

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning of the thread there is a testimony of a male survivor. So i agree it has been rare to meet a male survivor.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Jostler

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Male survivors aren't rare. What is rare is male survivors who overcome denial and embark on the journey to freedom, which involves deprogramming. There are way more female survivors who make that journey.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Male survivors aren't rare. What is rare is male survivors who overcome denial and embark on the journey to freedom, which involves deprogramming. There are way more female survivors who make that journey.
they arent rare.:confused: but even in survivor forums for any abuse and rape in general there are way less men wanting to get support it seems.
i had someone say to me "since im male i would like the things that happened to you to happen to me" seriously?
i dont know if he even believed what he was saying. i dont think any male survivor or any survivor could feel that way.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i had someone say to me "since im male i would like the things that happened to you to happen to me" seriously?
i dont know if he even believed what he was saying. i dont think any male survivor or any survivor could feel that way.
Wow, very strange. I can't wrap my mind around that kind of statement.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be upset with me. I meant no offense. This thread probably doesn't apply to me at all.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was and am not respected even for eating. .
He would put his face near my food on an almost daily basis. He put his pen knife on my food plate that's been other places. Etc.
Or maybe I'm making a big deal out of this ....
No, you're not just making a big deal. Those are behaviors that aren't normal. I'd like to slap his face right into the plate if someone did that to me. It's rude, an invasion of personal space, and downright weird.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be upset with me. I meant no offense. This thread probably doesn't apply to me at all.
*hugs*
Sis, I was referring to the statement the male survivor said, not to anything you said. What he said is odd.

This thread applies to anyone dealing with DID. I think you belong in this conversation as long as you're comfortable with it.

Reactions: Jostler

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm certain that I've encountered another male survivor. We're close to the same age, share key afflictions in common, and share much in common to include how the Lord moves upon us. He hears the voice of His Spirit like I do and while this doesn't mean anything on its own (others hear His voice), it's significant in connection with everything else.
Oh, yes.... I have met many male survivors. They just were unaware or else not willing to break free, because there is a high price. But the persecution we face in this life is a "light affliction" compared to the eternal price of choosing to remain in bondage.