• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This song keeps playing in my head over the last hour, maybe ....so I thought I'd share it here. :)
Beautiful and peaceful. It makes me think of this scripture; Phil. 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It's so important for our hearts and minds to be guarded.

Reactions: Jostler and TLHKAJ

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those words I wrote above don't apply to anyone active in this topic. You've never approached me with hollow platitudes and you're intimate with suffering. They aren't for my brothers and sisters in these bonds... you know who you are. I don't need to tag your forum names.

My words are hard to understand. I wandered for so long under the sun that I forgot who I was and where I was going, witnessing things no one ought to see and enduring deprivation in the shadow of death. I am nothing and nobody, hated by the mother who bore me and forgotten by those who knew me, betrayed by friends whom I loved. They cast me out.

I was worthless and so I continued to wander under the sun. Surely the Lord cursed me in His wrath! I failed at everything: what I built with these hands collapsed into a heap... I had no place to rest my head... and no matter how I tried to put an end to this misery under the sun, I lived to see another day.

I had forgotten the words of Jesus Christ, that promise which the Lord declared when He called me out of this world. I have always belonged to Christ and Him alone but I had forgotten His words along the way.

I've seen dark times in this world. I lived to die and so I wasn't afraid of the bullets, the knives, the threats and promises of death. Therefore when the purpose of Almighty God was revealed, that work He ordained for me to walk in under the sun, I embraced it with abandon... only I was ignorant that it was His will and purpose for me to do so. I had found the most lovely and worthwhile reason to lay down my life: a woman who was accursed and abandoned like I was.

The man who had raped and terrorized her day and night promised to take her life and no one believed her report... except for me. I believed every word and so I devoted my existence to preserving her life and protecting this stranger from evil under this sun. Her rapist wasn't alone... he had friends who were just like him... but I wasn't afraid of their bullets, their knives, and promises of death. I was already dead so what did I have to fear?

I didn't know. I didn't know that my Father in heaven had chosen me to look after this woman whom He loves until I was almost dead. She was safe and I was dying when the Lord came to me in the shadow of death... and I suddenly remembered what I had forgotten after all those years under the sun. I belonged to the Living One and no other; He claimed me before I was born as His own. The Lord has never lied to me --- not once --- nor has He betrayed me at any time. I love Him more than these words can say. The Lord gathered me in His hand and declared, You shall never depart from My presence.

I was informed that I'm in the early stage of a terminal illness today and I couldn't be more pleased. I'm so grateful to the Lord for the opportunity to walk in the knowledge of His purpose and will under this sun, and the honor God afforded me when I foolishly believed that I was cursed and hated by Him. I'm always in His presence, even in my suffering, and He is both merciful and kind toward me.
Your heartfelt words touched me deeply. Thanks for sharing.

When I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, I felt much like you do. But I guess it wasn't my time.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just felt like sharing a bit about my day...

I had a chiropractor appointment in the afternoon. I am being treated for a couple of trauma-related conditions ...Tietze Syndrome, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome ....as well as spinal, hips, etc. I think @truthquest may be able to relate to how random things can pop up, like dislocations, ribs out, etc. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
No, you're not wrong. I can relate.

Anyway, that went well. I got into my car and had a sudden bout of grief hit me ....missing my son.... some tears and a talk with the Lord.
I often cry over the loss of my daughter. I know how you feel.

So I was off to do a bit of grocery shopping. On my way home, I stopped at another store and noticed an older man sitting on his tailgate giving away a kitten. So I stopped. (lol) I've been wanting a kitten or two for several months now. He had a cute little calico...pretty wild. He has a farm and took in 4 pregnant cats ...all had kittens around the same time, and most of them wild.

But we stood and talked for almost an hour about our children ....and about the Lord. It was a nice blessing.
That does sound like a nice blessing.

I left there to get my last shopping done and wouldn't you know it, more grief and tears came. It's nice to be able to cry rather than feeling like you're going to burst if you do.
Yes, it's better to cry rather than hold it in.

I went into the store ...grabbed a few items ....and when I came back out, he was still there. So I stopped and gave him a keto ice cream sandwich, which he appreciated because number one, it was kind of hot...and number two, he is diabetic.
That was thoughtful and kind of you.

I went home after that, got things put away... got something to eat, and wasn't long before we were under a tornado warning.

So that was my day. :) Just felt like sharing....
Then there was the tornado warning. But other than that, sounds like you had a good day if the chiropractor helped your pain. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there was the tornado warning. But other than that, sounds like you had a good day. :)
Yes, overall it was a good day. I like it when I can see God taking things that have brought us pain and using them for good. We don't always understand why ... but God is still good and we can trust Him. ❤️

Reactions: Mayflower

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, overall it was a good day. I like it when I can see God taking things that have brought us pain and using them for good. We don't always understand why ... but God is still good and we can trust Him. ❤️
Yes, very true. All things work together for good for those who love God.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the way that song presents the synopsis of David's triumph over Goliath.
"What the giant did not see, was....MY GOD FIGHTS, for ME!"

Last edited:

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David's story sets patterns, examples survivors can be encouraged by. A time for killing giants, that mock the armies of the Lord is coming again, and I think its coming soon. David was more than a shepherd boy, because God prepared him to be more, long before he stepped onto that battlefield to confront Goliath.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Samuel 17:3-9 NKJV — The Philistines stood on a mountain on one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side, with a valley between them. And a champion went out from the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, from Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. He had a bronze helmet on his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail, and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of bronze. And he had bronze armor on his legs and a bronze javelin between his shoulders. Now the staff of his spear was like a weaver’s beam, and his iron spearhead weighed six hundred shekels; and a shield-bearer went before him. Then he stood and cried out to the armies of Israel, and said to them, “Why have you come out to line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and you the servants of Saul? Choose a man for yourselves, and let him come down to me. “If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail against him and kill him, then you shall be our servants and serve us.”

Reactions: Wynona and TLHKAJ

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Samuel 17:10 NKJV — And the Philistine said, “I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.”

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Samuel 17:11 NKJV — When Saul and all Israel heard these words of the Philistine, they were dismayed and greatly afraid.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Samuel 17:26 NKJV — Then David spoke to the men who stood by him, saying, “What shall be done for the man who kills this Philistine and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?”

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two different reactions. One from seasoned adult warriors, one from a skinny shepherd boy, whose heart had been transformed by his knowledge of God. Whose ears had been opened to hear what God hears. Whose eyes had been enlightened to see what God sees. All from spending many hours, on lonely hillsides, with a bunch of his father's smelly sheep, with a lyre. Composing songs, and singing his worship to the Lord.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 11:32 NKJV — “Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.