Understanding The HolySpirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hermeneutics, is STILL private interpretation, with a group of people all agreeing on the "private interpretation", based on theories and methodology of philosophies and sciences.

You should look into what you are teaching.
Calling a private interpretation by a new name does not change it is a private interpretation.
Please don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

if you're going to quote me do it correctly.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good hermeneutics...?

You just told a poster, (Malsi Si Live) "private interpretation" is not what Scripture teaches...

Absolutely TRUE.

Then you promote "hermeneutics", which you preface as "good", as being An acceptable interpretation.

Hermeneutics, is STILL private interpretation, with a group of people all agreeing on the "private interpretation", based on theories and methodology of philosophies and sciences.

You should look into what you are teaching.
Calling a private interpretation by a new name does not change it is a private interpretation.

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
Taken

Hermeneutics
Is not a private interpretation. It is a methodology for study that requires literal word meaning in historical context and understanding.

Where do you get your understanding from? Private interpretation, denominational doctrine, a group study with limited numbers of people or where.

Based on your statements here every interpretation of the Bible is private.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we are going to have to let the 'reader' determine whether angels are implied in Job 1:6 or not!

I would say what Scripture says...
God created celestial bodies.
Some we call, stars.
Some we call, angels.
Some believe within the grouping of "angels", is an order of hierarchy.

I believe Lucifer was Cherub, perhaps a catagory of angels, Scripture doesn't say specifically, BUT does indicate...
That both Satan and fallen angels ARE DEVILS.

I also believe the Cherub, Satan, was given much power and beauty and knowledge, (as well other created celestials and terrestirals; free will, to make their own choices).

Job 1:6...Satan; ie no longer called Lucifer, renamed, Because of His choice to "fall" from Gods Grace. An angel? (Satan and fallen angels are both called Devils). A created celestial? Yes. Has power over angels who follow him? Yes.

Angels...
Job 38:7 KJV - 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This was the reaction of celestial bodies, while observing the creation of the Earth.

Jesus ...(not created) IS a "morning star", specifically, thee "Bright and morning star", A Title appointed him, as well, Thee Son of God.
Rev :22)

Lucifer...was a "morning star".
Lucifer was called "son of the morning".
Lost his first estate in heaven, cast to the earth/ground, ie current estate, shall be cast to hell. Lost his holy name Lucifer, now, called A Devil, Satan.
(Isa 14:12)

Happy New Year,
God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

if you're going to quote me do it correctly.

I did not put words in your mouth.
I responded to your words you put in a post and I quoted in post # 218.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discovering is not interpreting

one discover the truth, and not make it out what you want it to be.

ERROR Good Hermeneutics, it make no suggestion.

see eisegesis you come up with an interpertation, YOU read into it

Exegesis, allow one to "DISCOVER" the truth. big difference.

I understand Hermeneutics, a good teacher of mine gave me some good advace, GOOD Hermeneutics allow one to "DISCOVER the TRUTH.

Discover the Truth?
To Discover means Find....Agree?

So what do you mean by Discover the Truth?

IS to Hidden? If so Where?

Glory to God,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discover the Truth?
To Discover means Find....Agree?

So what do you mean by Discover the Truth?

IS to Hidden? If so Where?

Glory to God,
Taken
Ok, let me make is clear, I have posted this several times. when one READ the bible READ it with the HOLY GHOST, the Spirit of TRUTH and when we do this we will "DISCOVER" the truth. yes it's hidden in plain sight. but let the Holy Ghost REVEAL it to you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hermeneutics
Is not a private interpretation. It is a methodology for study that requires literal word meaning in historical context and understanding.

Where do you get your understanding from?

From God.

Private interpretation, denominational doctrine, a group study with limited numbers of people or where.

Already answered.

Based on your statements here every interpretation of the Bible is private.

Absolutely False. Numerous times I have stated Understanding of Gods Word comes from God.

Based on your statements, Hermeneutics is multiple private interpretations, that a "group" all agree with.

And? One poster indicated hermeneutics is TO DISCOVER the TRUTH....while you indicate it is to UNDERSTAND the Truth.

Hermeneutics is a fancy word using Theories and Methodologies to Conclude an Interpretation of Gods Word.

For what does one SEEK an interpretation of Gods Word, but to Understand the meaning of Gods Word?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, let me make is clear, I have posted this several times. when one READ the bible READ it with the HOLY GHOST, the Spirit of TRUTH and when we do this we will "DISCOVER" the truth. yes it's hidden in plain sight. but let the Holy Ghost REVEAL it to you.

Well ya okay, that is pretty Clear...Scriptural Teaching.....so why the term Hermeneutics that specifically IS an introduction of Theories....That is not scriptural and has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.

?

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From God.
Already answered.

Absolutely False. Numerous times I have stated Understanding of Gods Word comes from God.

First of all, Word is Logos, it does not mean written words.

Indeed the Holy Spirit aids us in our biblical study but we are also study and gain understanding via our God given logic and intellect.

The implication that only the Holy Spirit reveals understanding smacks of Gnosticism, even if not intended that way.

Based on your statements, Hermeneutics is multiple private interpretations, that a "group" all agree with.

No it is not. It is a principal of Bible interpretation simply meaning all Scriptures must be in harmony. They do not conflict with each other.

Nothing private about that.

And? One poster indicated hermeneutics is TO DISCOVER the TRUTH....while you indicate it is to UNDERSTAND the Truth.

There is no problem with someone saying they discover the truth. Hidden to a person individually until understood does not mean it is hidden to everyone.

I repeat it is a methodology of study with the baseline that the Bible has no contradictions in it.

I do not understand why that bothers you.

Hermeneutics is a fancy word using Theories and Methodologies to Conclude an Interpretation of Gods Word.

Again, word not Word.

Everyone has a method of study and interpreting God's word. Including you.

The Holy Spirit ages in understanding but he does not simply shovel it into your brain. You have a responsibility as part of the learning process.

For what does one SEEK an interpretation of Gods Word, but to Understand the meaning of Gods Word?

Again word not Word.

And understanding not interpretation.

The Bible is written to be understood by readers using rules of grammar, word definition, historical understanding and use of one's own God given faculties aided by the Holy Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ya okay, that is pretty Clear...Scriptural Teaching.....so why the term Hermeneutics that specifically IS an introduction of Theories....That is not scriptural and has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.

?

Glory to God,
Taken
First thanks for the reply,
Second, no, Hermeneutics is not an introduction of Theories. understand, Hermeneutics is simply a tool like a dictionary or a lexicon. it's how people use tools. an airplane is a tool to get someone from place A to B in a hurry. but MAN straped a bomb on it to drop and kill people. there is nothing the airplane did, it's the people who use the tool. as with a gun, the gun is a tool. but the gun don't kill, people do.

and studying is scriptual, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". but here's the catch, when one study God word, it's not to learn anything on your own. but by studying you show God that you're interested in his word, and he will reveal himself to you, he will teach you. that's when you learn spiritually, by God.

as I said before, there is nothing wrong with education or educating yourself, just don't put it before God. in all thy getting get UNDERSTANDING, (Proverb 4:7). this is why I used a dicitonary, several as a matter of fact. as the apostle Paul said, "Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles", Romans 1:13 (kjv).
nor do I want anyone "ignorant". as my motto states, "Where there is Knowledge, stay not "ignorant".

conclusion: if you can get a proper education, get it, just don't put it before, or ahead of God.

Be blessed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Tim 2
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Word.

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply,

You are welcome. Happy New Year.
May the Lord bless you abundantly.

Second, no, Hermeneutics is not an introduction of Theories. understand, Hermeneutics is simply a tool like a dictionary or a lexicon. it's how people use tools. an airplane is a tool to get someone from place A to B in a hurry. but MAN straped a bomb on it to drop and kill people. there is nothing the airplane did, it's the people who use the tool. as with a gun, the gun is a tool. but the gun don't kill, people do.

The "tools" you mention are tangible, to whit I could see and put my hands on those "tools".
Can I see or put my hands on "hermeneutics"?

and studying is scriptual, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". but here's the catch, when one study God word, it's not to learn anything on your own. but by studying you show God that you're interested in his word, and he will reveal himself to you, he will teach you. that's when you learn spiritually, by God.

Scripture says STUDY the Word of God.

STUDY - means spending ones time in devotion of reading Scritpture to acquire the Knowledge of Scripture.

Scripture says RIGHTLY DIVIDE the WORD of TRUTH.

TRUTH - is what all of Scritpure Says.
DIVIDING - is Applying what DOES APPLY to you from what DOES NOT APPLY to you.

as I said before, there is nothing wrong with education or educating yourself, just don't put it before God.

I do not OPPOSE Education.
I do OPPOSE the Worlds WAY of Education.
I do not OPPOSE Gods WAY of Education.

Scripture says to REASON what you Hear another Speak, claiming it is Gods word.

REASON~ Is for one to GO LOOK UP IN SCRIPTURE to SEE IF WHAT you HEARD IS TRUE IN SCRIPTURE.

in all thy getting get UNDERSTANDING, (Proverb 4:7).

STUDY Gods WORD - To receive Gods "KNOWLEDGE".

SEEK God - To receive "Gods UNDERSTANDING" of "HIS KNOWLEDGE".

this is why I used a dicitonary, several as a matter of fact. as the apostle Paul said, "Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles", Romans 1:13 (kjv).
nor do I want anyone "ignorant". as my motto states, "Where there is Knowledge, stay not "ignorant".

Agree -
DO NOT BE IGNORANT.

Conclusion -
MEN Name things. MEN Define the Understanding of the things they Name.
MEN make Dictionaries TO reveal the things THEY have NAMED and a DICTIONARY reveals, the UNDERSTANDING of the THINGS MEN have named.

God Names things. GOD Defines the Understanding of things He Names.

God Reveals in the WRITTEN WORD, the things He has NAMED.
God Reveals the UNDERSTANDING of the THINGS He has NAMED...
in a book? No.
in a mans mind? No.
in a mans QUICKENED spirit? Yes.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "tools" you mention are tangible, to whit I could see and put my hands on those "tools".
Can I see or put my hands on "hermeneutics"?
can you put your hands on the Spirit?, form my words are spirit. are not his words written, supportive scripture,
John 6:31 "Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

Scripture says STUDY the Word of God.

STUDY - means spending ones time in devotion of reading Scritpture to acquire the Knowledge of Scripture.
I agree, I believe I said that.
Scripture says RIGHTLY DIVIDE the WORD of TRUTH.

TRUTH - is what all of Scritpure Says.
I must disagree with you there, understand, not everything in the bible is a statement of TRUTH, but everything in the bible is TRULY Stated.... understand me..(smile).
I do not OPPOSE Education.
I do OPPOSE the Worlds WAY of Education.
I do not OPPOSE Gods WAY of Education.
to a point I agree, but Judge nothing yet, here on earth by earthly wisdom...... ok.
Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse".

may I give some advice here. your carnal life can teach your spiritual life something, not all thing, but some things. God made the world, and "EVERYTHING IN IT", it was Good, but some, not all, men corrupted it. hence the reason why the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and evil was place in the Garden. one cannot refuse what one don't know what to refuse, supportive scripture,
Isaiah 7:15 "Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
Isaiah 7:16 "For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings".

STUDY Gods WORD - To receive Gods "KNOWLEDGE".

SEEK God - To receive "Gods UNDERSTANDING" of "HIS KNOWLEDGE".
I agree, these both, is by revelation from God.
MEN Name things. MEN Define the Understanding of the things they Name.
MEN make Dictionaries TO reveal the things THEY have NAMED and a DICTIONARY reveals, the UNDERSTANDING of the THINGS MEN have named.

to a point, I agree. but God gave man dominion here on earth.
Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth".

now with the "dominion" over them he had the Power to "NAME" them,
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him".

well, he also NAMED his help meet also.... Eve.
yes, I agree, because that Understanding was in Adam from God. and God brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof". Adam didn't get this KNOWLEDGE on his own, it is God Given, hence why we have a "BRAIN". which is a "TOOL".
God Reveals in the WRITTEN WORD, the things He has NAMED.
God Reveals the UNDERSTANDING of the THINGS He has NAMED...
in a book? No.
in a mans mind? No.
in a mans QUICKENED spirit? Yes.
the book of ink and tree is the natural "TOOL", the BOOK of your mind is a spiritual "TOOL"

this spiritual book of the mind is summed up in,
Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals". all of EVERYTHING, past, present, and future.

understand, this book is not a NATURAL book. ..... (smile), but is prepared for our spiritual book called our minds. there is nothing NEW under the sun, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". so let's use this TOOL that is God given.

Conclusion: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good", 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (kjv)

1 Corinthians 2:12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malsi si Live said:

Enlightenment doesn't just come by believing the Lord and the holy spirit just opens our mind and reveals truth.

Well, I didn't say that ^.

So to be clear;
The Lord DOES given a man measures of FAITH, TO the mans natural spirit, FOR, the man Becoming ENLIGHTENED in the Word of God, BY, the man Reading, which is Gods KNOWLEDGE.

^ That has NOTHING to Do with
Understanding Gods KNOWLEDGE.

^ That has to do Expressly with a mans EFFORT to receive Gods KNOWLEDGE, and God Blessing the man WITH measures of FAITH.

^ It is the man RECEIVING measures of FAITH, that the man CAN BEGIN to have measures of BELIEF.

^ A man who continues READING, Continues to Receive Faith, Continues to become more IN BELIEF.....which IS PREPARING A MAN, TO: Commit TO the LORD.

A man WHO THEN Commits TO the Lord...
IS THEN...Prepared to RECEIVE, Gods Understanding of Gods own Word...

And Gods Understanding IS Given a Man, "BY" the Lord God Himself.

It is a Gift from God, FOR men who HAVE, COMMITTED their Life TO THE Lord God.

The Gift IS FOR a Committed man to TAKE and HAVE for his OWN benefit...........AND
For the man to be able TO OPEN HIS MOUTH in TESTIFYING of THE lord God, ACCORDING TO The Lord Gods OWN TRUTH.

A man who DECIDES FOR GOD, what Gods own Word means (interpretation/understanding)....IS BUT FOOLISHNESS unto God.

1 Cor 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.

We have to put unbiased effort in acquiring truth. The Lord also has trouble enlightening the mind

Trouble enlightening the "MIND"?

The Lord NEVER TAUGHT He makes ANY EFFORT TO "ENLIGHTEN" the "MIND" of a man.

The Lord IS SPIRIT. The MIND is "CARNAL",
And AGAINST GOD.

The Lord makes no changes in the MIND of a man. The Lord prepares a mans "spirit", WHEN a man puts forth the effort TO HEAR and READ His Word.

And The preparations MAY lead to the Lord "changing";
The mans heart
The mans spirit in his heart
The mans soul

THE MIND? THAT becomes a "converted" mans JOB, to make his own MIND, become changed ACCORDING TO, and in acquiesce
To his own "new spirit".

of people who believe they have everything already figured out.

It is not a matter of what people believe they have "figured out".

It all hinges on the individual, WHO KNOWS, they have Direct Access to Gods Understanding, AND sought HIM, "for His" Understanding....

And other men, WHO REVEAL, they have decided Gods Understanding, BY man made scientific methods of theories, logic, methodologies, guesses, philosophies, etc.

I use to be pre-trib, use to believe in the end-time scenario the big shot promote....

I do believe in Pre-tribulation Resurrection and Redemption "SPECIFICALLY" and "ONLY" for Christ's Church.

It has NOTHING whatso ever to do with what OTHER people believe or have taught.

My view hinges SPECIFICALLY on the KNOWLEDGE revealed IN Gods Word, and MY using the gift God has given me, to ASK HIM, what His word means.

I also believe there shall be a Mid-tribulation Resurrection and Redemtion "SPECIFICALLY" for Gods People who "come in belief IN Christ Jesus", DURING the Tribulation, (and not only Jews, but any Gentiles, who also come into Belief, IN GOD and IN Christ Jesus.)

^ THEY will have "suffered" through, the FIRST portion of the Tribulation.
ie, the Wrath of the Lamb, FOR having Rejected Him.

DURING the LAST portion of the Tribulation;
Shall have Several "KINDS" of People remaining;
1) Those who are Physically Dead, in their sins.
2) Those who OPPOSED GOD and Christ Jesus, are MARKED unto Satan.
3) Those who are (not Marked with Satan's Mark )
4) "Gods remnant" remaining mortal, to repopulate the Earth.

Before the Last portion of the Tribulation;
Christ's Church, Gods spiritual ISRAEL, Gods spiritual People; will ALL have been SPIRITUALLY resurrected and redeemed.

During the Last portion of the Tribulation;
Fallen Angels, Thee Anti-Christ, All men MARKED with Satan's Mark, ie ALL AGAINST GOD, shall suffer Gods Wrath upon the Earth,
AND suffer Gods "indignation" upon THEM, which IS Gods fulfillment, of Gods Promise of VENGEANCE, AGAINST those: who persecuted Israel, His People, and those IN Christ Jesus.

the one world government and religion, global dictator pipe dream etc. I no longer believe that stuff.

You reveal you believed those things, by the belief of others.
You reveal you no longer believe those things....but you do not say why.

I believe there will be a one world government, BECAUSE Scripture reveals it.
I believe there will be a one world religious dominance, BECAUSE Scripture reveals it.

TRUST God. Seek His Word of Knowledge, Seek His Word of Understanding OF His Knowledge..Stand FIRM "WITH HIM"....don't worry about what OTHERS claim and say.

KNOW where YOU stand and WHY.

God did not teach TO TRUST in the philosophies and Dictating of MEN.

TRUST GOD in all things...
His Knowledge, His Understanding.

That is my message.

Happy New Year,
God Bless,
Taken