Understanding The HolySpirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The HolySpirit is the comforter, Jesus, explaining to the disciples that when He left He would not leave them without a comforter.
He will be the Spirit of truth and He shall testify of me, John 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I understand when the HolySpirit was poured out in the book of Acts it was quite amazing.
Just reading it thrills the believer beyond belief.
Through the years He has been made out to be something He is not.
The main ministry of the HolySpirit is that of a teacher.
For most, that simple ministry of the HolySpirit takes the wind out of their sails. They need more fire and cloven tongues to prove how God can use them.
Like they have a special calling, to their shagrin God is no respector of persons.
Simply put He does not get as exsited as much as we do when a celebrity or politician or king gets saved, it is all the same to Him. He does put much emphasis on a person's past, He is more interested in who and what you are today.
I know when I was involved in several different denominations, some had HolySpirit schools and meetings where they gave their ideas about the HolySpirit.
You say what is wrong with that, first it is not what Jesus said he would do when he came.
The HolySpirit needs to be taught but it must be in the context it was given.
My first sunday school class lesson after I got saved was on the HolySpirit. I didn't know a father from a son to a spirit, new to me but I was hungry. Our teacher was the associate pastor and very good teacher when I look back. I learned things that have stayed with me for all these years that have been invaluable. He gave us a paper for going through the class that I framed.
Has my understanding been perfect through the years, no, is it perfect now, no.
The point I'm trying to make is without your understanding the HolySpirit as your teacher you will never see Christ as your life.
We have the resurrected life of Jesus himself that dwells in every born again believer.
The HolySpirit is in the soul-mind where your understanding is, where you learn. We must yield our minds to him to see what he has to say.
Don't worry about power, don't worry about taking in tongues, yield your mind, the main member of your body to see who you are as a born again believer.

D

Dave L

My impression is that people would prefer to walk by sight instead of faith. And these find stimuli in the world around them instead of through the Spirit within. They look at Physical Israel and tailor scripture to match their sight dependent walk. And many look for external manifestations of the Spirit and settle for anything suggesting it, even if man made. But the Spirit is Love and the inner witness is our personal assurance that we belong to Christ. And he gives us the fullness of the Holy Spirit and direction through his written word.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the post. I agree. TRUE, the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, supportive scripture also,
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

that's point blank in our faces, can't miss that. "I", "I", "I", will come to you. and as you said, on Pentecost.

I congratulate you on your understanding of JESUS is the Holy Spirit, whom was Glorified in it again fully, he himself, (per John 17:5), as was he was before the founditation of the world. it's exhilarating to see, or hear someone else who holds this knowledge.

True also, that the Holy Spirit is a Teacher, and we must "RENEW" our minds. but also he's a "REVEALER" of truths.

and also of a truth. as anyone who holds an, quote unquote, an office, (which our western minds understand), are teachers. because of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, we all are teachers when handling the word of God.

I'm looking forward to this topic being discussed. THE HOLY SPIRT IS THE KEY TO GOD, BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, JESUS, OUR LORD, in flesh.

D

Dave L

GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the post. I agree. TRUE, the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, supportive scripture also,
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

that's point blank in our faces, can't miss that. "I", "I", "I", will come to you. and as you said, on Pentecost.

I congratulate you on your understanding of JESUS is the Holy Spirit, whom was Glorified in it again fully, he himself, (per John 17:5), as was he was before the founditation of the world. it's exhilarating to see, or hear someone else who holds this knowledge.

True also, that the Holy Spirit is a Teacher, and we must "RENEW" our minds. but also he's a "REVEALER" of truths.

and also of a truth. as anyone who holds an, quote unquote, an office, (which our western minds understand), are teachers. because of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, we all are teachers when handling the word of God.

I'm looking forward to this topic being discussed. THE HOLY SPIRT IS THE KEY TO GOD, BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, JESUS, OUR LORD, in flesh.
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26) (KJV 1900)

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.” (John 15:26–27) (KJV 1900)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't yield our minds easily. Our minds want to argue. But I HAVE to store treasure or I'll be eating cat food in my old age. But I don't FEEL like God guides my steps, even though He said He does. But I NEED to worry about this circumstance because He isn't DOING anything about it.

All of that is the direct opposite of trust (faith.) Yet we say we trust while doing the opposite. I wonder if I don't often seem to hear Him because I refuse to trust Him outrageously...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26) (KJV 1900)

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.” (John 15:26–27) (KJV 1900)
100%, "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father"
NOW THIS,
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

can the Lord Jesus lie? of course not, "I" send is the "Father" who send, WHY? because the Father and the Son came. is there scripture for that? let the record speak,
John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

HOLD the PRESS, "I thought the Father is sending the "comforter, as well as the Lord Jesus?" so how and why the Fatherr is in us also. hmmmmmmmm.......
Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".

Spirit of God ..... Spirit of Christ? SAME PERSON, who is ONE Spirit.
definition time: "OF". according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned here, which need careful distinction.

and here is the careful distinction. "subject", Spirit of God without flesh, meaning God is "abstract". "Object", Spirit of Christ with Flesh, meaning God is "concrete".

what a revelation, God in Flesh and God without flesh is the "Another" in

Another here is G243 Allos. just as I been saying all along. JESUS is the "Another" of himself in flesh.

hence we, we, as in Genesis 1:26 "us" and "our" the Spirit to come in flesh, per Romans 5:14b.

so Dave I agree with the scripture you posted.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to make this assertion. the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit is the ONLY person in the Godhead, whom is Christ. scripture, when Moses asked God "What", notice not "Who" but "What is your Name?". God gave Moses just what he asked for, no more nor any less. "WHAT" God name is Identifies "WHAT" he is. and those Identifiers are his titles.

what God told Moses is this concering his Name as to "WHAT" he is and not" WHO" he is.

"I AM THAT T AM". just for argument sake. and let's break this down. notice the two "I AM'S"

"I AM" the Spirit, who created and made everything, Genesis 1:1. (Creator and Maker)
"THAT" came in a body of Flesh, John 1:1. (Saviour, and Redeemer)
"I AM" the Spirit, in flesh with a "GLORIFIED",Body, Revelation 1:1.(Mediator as a man, and Comforter as Spirit)

the Same Pereson, only "Shared" in flesh.

now knowing this we can really understand the book of Revelation when John wrote to the 7 churches.
Revelation 1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea".

and when John wrote, who spoke to the 7 churches? the Lord Jesus, correct? well lets see. if one would notice, every letter end this way, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches".

but was it not the Lord Jesus in the begining addressing each church? ... yes, because JESUS is the Holy Spirit glorified in a body, (again per John 17:5). just read thoise 7 letters and see who address them, and who closed them.

D

Dave L

100%, "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father"
NOW THIS,
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

can the Lord Jesus lie? of course not, "I" send is the "Father" who send, WHY? because the Father and the Son came. is there scripture for that? let the record speak,
John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

HOLD the PRESS, "I thought the Father is sending the "comforter, as well as the Lord Jesus?" so how and why the Fatherr is in us also. hmmmmmmmm.......
Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".

Spirit of God ..... Spirit of Christ? SAME PERSON, who is ONE Spirit.
definition time: "OF". according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned here, which need careful distinction.

and here is the careful distinction. "subject", Spirit of God without flesh, meaning God is "abstract". "Object", Spirit of Christ with Flesh, meaning God is "concrete".

what a revelation, God in Flesh and God without flesh is the "Another" in

Another here is G243 Allos. just as I been saying all along. JESUS is the "Another" of himself in flesh.

hence we, we, as in Genesis 1:26 "us" and "our" the Spirit to come in flesh, per Romans 5:14b.

so Dave I agree with the scripture you posted.
If you agreed, you would see three distinct persons as the one God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of see it like you do 101...all God, but different...manifestations. The ways He chooses to reveal Himself to us...

He does actually call Himself us and we in some places. I wonder if that's more for the benefit of our own limited minds...

Reactions: 101G

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And how does One(HE) testify. unless He speaks?

D

Dave L

I kind of see it like you do 101...all God, but different...manifestations. The ways He chooses to reveal Himself to us...
This is called modal monarchism. Condemned as heresy by the early church. There is One God, three persons with different roles.

D

Dave L

I said I agree with the scriptures, not you, but the scriptures you posted.
You do not agree with them or you would see three distinct persons simultaneously existing in the one God.

D

Dave L

He does actually call Himself us and we in some places. I wonder if that's more for the benefit of our own limited minds...
It's because the doctrine of the trinity is correct.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree. see, by "sharing" himself in flesh he's the "ANOTHER" of himself in flesh, hence two, and with two one has a witness. see, G243 Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort

a Numerical difference is more than one... two here, the one Spirit in flesh, and the one Spirit without flesh.

I'm sure many will see the truth.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is called modal monarchism. Condemned as heresy by the early church. There is One God, three persons with different roles.

Well I can't help that, haha! He chose to reveal Himself to us by wrapping Himself in flesh. Today, He chooses to dine with us in inner chambers in spirit. Jesus claimed to be God. John said He was God. So I don't think it's heresy in God's eyes.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not agree with them or you would see three distinct persons simultaneously existing in the one God.
no, I believe, not see, but believe in ONE person "sharing" himself in flesh as the scriptures states.

do you believe the scriptures?, if so, you should believe in one person. as Thomas said, "My Lord .. and, and, and, My God. now Dave, was thomas refering to two diffrent person? yes or no, I'll be looking for your answer.

D

Dave L

no, I believe, not see, but believe in ONE person "sharing" himself in flesh as the scriptures states.

do you believe the scriptures?, if so, you should believe in one person. as Thomas said, "My Lord .. and, and, and, My God. now Dave, was thomas refering to two diffrent person? yes or no, I'll be looking for your answer.
God is three persons in One Spirit. Each present at Jesus' baptism. The Father spoke from heaven. The Holy Spirit descended as a dove. And Jesus (God in person) came up out of the water.