Understanding the Prophetic Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who is wise enough to understand this, and who has God's command to proclaim it? Jeremiah 9:12
Isaiah 50:4-7, John 12:37-41

In these last days of the present era, scripture tells us that the Church will, in general, be compromising and have many different ideas of what the future holds. But there are believers who are willing to listen to teaching based soundly on the Word, as presented to us through the prophets. It will be these believers who will be better prepared to face these end time challenges and afflictions. Especially keep in mind that God's promises are addressed to the faithful remnant who truly believe and trust in Him, true Christian believers and only those people will be protected on the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, then later, during the terrible time of Satan's domination, until the glorious Return of Jesus. Revelation 12:14

It is sad that many pastors and teachers base their eschatology on traditional doctrines of their denomination or particular theological school, and thereby fail to carefully ascertain what scripture really means. Or when a text does not fit their current beliefs, then they allegorise it, spiritualise it, culturalize it or rationalize it, to fit whatever they think how God should act.

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, to whom give the warning? Who will hear me? This peoples ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat God's Word as a reproach and it has no appeal to them. Isaiah 28:9-10

Isaiah 29:9-11 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused.... for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor.....the prophetic vision of it all has become for you like the words in a sealed book.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where are the men of learning now? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.

Deuteronomy 32:29 If only they had the wisdom to discern this and understand what their end will be.

Matthew 13:10-15 Why do You speak in parables? He replied: To you it has been granted to know the secrets of the Kingdom, but not to them, for they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. Happy are you that see and hear!

Jeremiah 33:3 If you call to Me, I shall answer and tell you of great and mysterious things of which you were unaware.

Isaiah 48:6 You have heard, seen the evidence, now admit the truth. From now on, I will show you new things, hidden things that you did not know before.

Isaiah 35:3-5 Steady yourself, be strong - fear not. Your God comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

After the Day of the Lord's wrath: Isaiah 32:3-4

Isaiah 42:18-19 You that are deaf; hear now! You that are blind; look and see! Who is so blind and deaf as My servants and messengers, the ones who have My trust.

Isaiah 29:22b-24 This is no time for Jacob to be shamed or frightened, for they will praise Me when they see what I have done for them. The confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction. Isaiah 44:8, Isa 45:19

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that what Jesus Prophesied, other that the Temple destroyed; has not yet taken place.
Your preterist beliefs are wrong. And the scary thing is - WE are that generation who will see it all!

Yes; God does have a Plan for apostate Jewish Israel - He intends to wipe them out. Isaiah 22:14
Only a small remnant will survive, Romans 9:27

That has been what I have written ad-nauseum.

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Jeremiah 31:31-40
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

38 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the city shall be built to the Lord from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.

39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.

40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the Lord; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

Romans 11
King James Version

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal

Romans 11:24-29
King James Version

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

2 Corinthians 3:13-16
King James Version

13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

These all refer to natural Israel! God will kill off 2/3 of all living Jews during the 70th week of Daniel and the remaining 1/3 will turn to the Lord. they will cry out "Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh and cause the Lord Jesus to return and fight for them! It is these survivors that will enter into the land of Israel (called Beulah) and repopulate the land and all the OT prophecies will literally come to pass.

If you wish I can list for you all the prophecies on how Israel plays the prominent role on the millenial earth. Remember the church will not descend with Jesus, we shall be in heaven as Queen consort.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Olivet Discourse, all except the total destruction of the second Temple, remains to be fulfilled. Some have been partially or are ongoing.
1/ The Kingdom is not yet proclaimed everywhere.
2/ The Abomination in the temple did not happen in 70 AD. As described in 2 Thess 2:4
3/ The time of great distress, like never before, awaits the Great Trib.
4/ Jesus has not returned yet.
5/ The terrible Day; like as it was in Noah's time, has not happened yet.
First, before this can be at all profitable for the kingdom of God, it should to be understood that what any of us say or claim as our own means nothing, but only what comes from God. In which case I am happy to share what is true and from Him--not by interpretation or reference to common words of scripture or understanding, but by divine revelation--not because I can or would claim anything, but because He has given what is to be revealed in its appointed time, as it is also written. Which is how it has always been.

But I asked for one thing, and you have given five. So I will not fill in the details or give further explanation unless you ask:

1) The coming of the kingdom of God, was proclaimed by Jesus when He first came:

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
2) The abomination that brings desolation foretold by Daniel and referred to by Jesus, was fulfilled and is fulfilled in two forms:

a) The abominable act of the Priests standing in the Temple and calling for the crucifixion of Christ, the end of daily sacrifices.
b) The abominable acts of many false teachers and prophets standing in the Temple which is now the body of Christ speaking blasphemies against God. Which is according to what is written regarding "forces being mustered by Him", and according to Joel's prophecy also sighted by Christ of the pouring out of God's spirit "upon all flesh"--even upon the evil, contributing to the abomination that brings desolation.
3) The Great Tribulation, by definition is "all" tribulations for sins from the beginning of the world to the end, which was and is the tribulation placed upon Christ at the cross. There can never be, nor ever shall be, anything greater--because it is "all." He is the Beginning and the End.

4) Jesus' return, He foretold as "coming at an hour you do not expect." Many "expected" Him to come during that generation that was alive when He first came. When many did not observe His coming as they "expected", they began to believe that He did not actually mean what He said about His coming "soon" nor even all that He said "must shortly take place"; and in their unbelief many then began to "expect" that He would return sometime in the future, perhaps after the first millennium, then perhaps after the second millennium, or perhaps at the end of the age. But all of what people "expected", according to Jesus, was and is not to be. And yet many if not most still believe against what Jesus said, that He is instead coming when they "expect."

Even so, what Jesus said is true, and just how and when He would actually return, He also explained, as did the apostle Paul:

a) Jesus explained that He would return in this way, saying, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20 But notice that He includes "dining." --Why "dining?" Because, He was referring to His instructions, saying "Take eat, this is My body." “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Matthew 24:36
b) Then Paul broke it down, saying, "But each one in his own order."...That being [as it is written] when He "knocks" and "each one" "opens the door" is "that day and hour no one knows."
Thus, Jesus would "not come with observation", not as a mass future event as so many have believed, not to be seen again in the world--for He said, "the world sees me no more", and not when "expected."

But many also say even now in their own unbelief, that He is to come in the flesh, and that Him coming in the spirit does not fulfill His return. For which it is also written:

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. 1 John 4:2-3
Which is in accord with Jesus having given His body to the church, saying, "Take eat, this is My body", and “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." Meaning that He does not return in that body that ascended into heaven as many have misunderstood, but returns to His own body which He has given to the church--which He does, just as He said, when those who hear Him "knocking" and "open the door."

And all who have and do confess that Jesus has come "into" them--that "great cloud of witnesses"--though they have not fully understood, in spite of the fact that it was not what was expected--has testified to the truth of what is written regarding what Jesus said of His return: "Jesus Christ has come in the flesh."

5) The time of Jesus' return being "as the days of Noah." Which refers to:

a) When "you do not expect" just as the flood was not expected, and even thought to be foolishness.
b) And yet, being like a flood. Which, God promised He would not again do by means of water. However, what was to come that was like a flood...was that God would "pour out His spirit upon all flesh" which was announced by Jesus, confirmed by Peter, and witnessed at Pentecost. All of which has come about just as John the Baptist also foretold of the baptism of Christ, saying, "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but...He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." As it is also written: "For our God is a consuming fire"--not again by a flood of water, but of the Spirit.​

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can list for you all the prophecies on how Israel plays the prominent role on the millenial earth
I know those prophesies very well; they refer to the Israelites of God, NOT to ethnic Israel.
Remember the church will not descend with Jesus, we shall be in heaven as Queen consort.
What a pretentious belief!
The idea of going to live in heaven is so far out in the realms of sci-fi and ear tickling fables, that you must live in a dream world.
As it is also written: "For our God is a consuming fire"--not again by a flood of water, but of the Spirit.
Over 70 clearly stated Prophesies tell us that the Lord intends to send literal fire to correct a world that is, once again as in the days of Noah.
To spiritualize any prophecy that can be literally fulfilled, is serious error.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Isaac Newton had a good insight into the prophetic word...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…...

“"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:15

We not have the ability to predict the exact day in which Christ comes as a thief in the night. Which is why there is a pre-trib rapture in which Christ appears in times not looked for.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I believe Isaac Newton had a good insight into the prophetic word...
I believe Jesus had the best insight, He said the Prophesies were hidden from the wise and learned, Matthew 11:25
And Daniel 12:10 tells us that only near the end will anyone understand the end times Prophesies.

Newton could not possibly be right.
As for the pre-trib 'rapture', belief in that theory will leave you very disappointed.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus had the best insight, He said the Prophesies were hidden from the wise and learned, Matthew 11:25
And Daniel 12:10 tells us that only near the end will anyone understand the end times Prophesies.

Newton could not possibly be right.
As for the pre-trib 'rapture', belief in that theory will leave you very disappointed.
The Bible says over and over that Christ comes as a thief. At least Newton had the humility to acknowledge this. If this event was post trib it would be well announced.

I believe the falling away has occurred and all we need is the revealing of the Anti-Christ to make ready for a rapture...

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

If there is no pre-trib rapture then how are we going to return with Christ to reign a thousand years if we are not called up first?

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If there is no pre-trib rapture then how are we going to return with Christ to reign a thousand years if we are not called up first?
Exactly. Also, between the Resurrection/Rapture and the Second Coming, there is a very important event which takes place in Heaven -- the Marriage of The Lamb (Rev 19). But if the Bride is missing, how in the world can there be a marriage, and how in the world can she become "the Lamb's Wife"?

Reactions: rockytopva

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus Returns accompanied by His angels, Matthew 16:27, Revelation 19:14
Some other verses say: saints, but the word; 'hagios', can mean either angels or saints.
As no scripture says that the Lord will take the Church to heaven, ONLY angels will be with Him and He sends those angels to gather the holy peoples to Him. in Jerusalem. Matthew 24:31
there is a very important event which takes place in Heaven
You have made that up. Bad eisegesis.
Revelation 19:5-8 does not mention heaven, from the context, the Marriage Feast will be an earthly event.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over 70 clearly stated Prophesies tell us that the Lord intends to send literal fire to correct a world that is, once again as in the days of Noah.
To spiritualize any prophecy that can be literally fulfilled, is serious error.
Yes, clearly and literally--but rather as God is what is literal!

But why do you then mock God to suggest that looking at what was spiritually inspired and given from God whom is spirit, should not be looked at as spiritual? And what is more "literal" than God whom is spirit? Is the world which is a mere creation, more literal?

Certainly not!​

You have things upside down and backwards, and speak the words of one who does, and for this reason I have had to correct you.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, clearly and literally--but rather as God is what is literal!

But why do you then mock God to suggest that looking at what was spiritually inspired and given from God whom is spirit, should not be looked at as spiritual? And what is more "literal" than God whom is spirit? Is the world which is a mere creation, more literal?

Certainly not!​

You have things upside down and backwards, and speak the words of one who does, and for this reason I have had to correct you.
This reads as dense and convoluted as Einstein, excepting that he was correct.

There are two Bible verses which need to be carefully considered;
Matthew 15:24 Jesus said; I was sent save the House of Israel and to them alone.
Romans 9:22.....God has made some people for destruction.
There are plainly stated truths and any objections to them are overruled by the Creator God.

The House of Israel separated from the House of Judah after Solomons time. Judah remains as a visible entity, now represented by the Jewish state of Israel.
Israel was taken by Assyria to the Caucasus region and from there, they eventually scattered around the world. They are identified by what anthropologists call Caucasian peoples AND by their acceptance of the Christian faith.
Making the mistake of thinking the Jews are all of Israel, makes Jesus' Mission a failure and the apostles gave the Gospel to the wrong people.

The fate of apostate and Jesus rejecting Judah is well prophesied; they will be punished and only a remnant will survive. Amos 2:4-5, Isaiah 22:14, Romans 9:27
The future for Christian Israel, is to be gathered and settled into all of the holy Land where they will live as God always wanted His people to; as His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations, Isaiah 49:3-8, Matthew 5:14-16

Of course: ANYONE who calls upon the Name of Jesus will be saved and we see that vast multitude of peoples from every tribe, race, nation and language in the holy land, Revelation 7:9, soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed by the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Zephaniah 1:14-18
But the majority will be actual descendants of Jacob; the ten Northern tribes, in order for the Promises of God to the Patriarchs to be fulfilled. God knows who they all are. Amos 9:9

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reads as dense and convoluted as Einstein, excepting that he was correct.

There are two Bible verses which need to be carefully considered;
Matthew 15:24 Jesus said; I was sent save the House of Israel and to them alone.
Romans 9:22.....God has made some people for destruction.
There are plainly stated truths and any objections to them are overruled by the Creator God.

The House of Israel separated from the House of Judah after Solomons time. Judah remains as a visible entity, now represented by the Jewish state of Israel.
Israel was taken by Assyria to the Caucasus region and from there, they eventually scattered around the world. They are identified by what anthropologists call Caucasian peoples AND by their acceptance of the Christian faith.
Making the mistake of thinking the Jews are all of Israel, makes Jesus' Mission a failure and the apostles gave the Gospel to the wrong people.

The fate of apostate and Jesus rejecting Judah is well prophesied; they will be punished and only a remnant will survive. Amos 2:4-5, Isaiah 22:14, Romans 9:27
The future for Christian Israel, is to be gathered and settled into all of the holy Land where they will live as God always wanted His people to; as His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations, Isaiah 49:3-8, Matthew 5:14-16

Of course: ANYONE who calls upon the Name of Jesus will be saved and we see that vast multitude of peoples from every tribe, race, nation and language in the holy land, Revelation 7:9, soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed by the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Zephaniah 1:14-18
But the majority will be actual descendants of Jacob; the ten Northern tribes, in order for the Promises of God to the Patriarchs to be fulfilled. God knows who they all are. Amos 9:9
You keep reverting back to the natural and the times of this world, which certainly carry the image of what is true in the heavenly realm. But just as Jesus came preaching "The kingdom of God is like...", all these things have been and are only a likeness in the smallest way, and not what is greater. Likewise, when Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place"--in the heavenly realm, it doesn't even matter which generation one thinks He meant. I say that He was referring to that generation to whom He actually spoke, because everything of God regarding the world is rooted in Christ and His hour...which also came to pass during that generation--that is, in the smallest of ways.

The problem of not believing those things that He came to fulfill actually occurred in that short space of time, is that you are then disqualified in regard to any further acts according to that smaller way of revelation. In other words, if you do not believe what Jesus said of that time, that is the measure which the future is measured unto you.

So, you can continue your preaching--it means very little. But I have believed those things you have not included in what you believe that He also said, and it is by that measure that I have been given more according to His promising.

Thus, "dense" is an appropriate word...in that what is written ultimately means so much more than most have believed, like earthly things compared to heavenly things...and by that same measure, so shall it be measured to you.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thus, "dense" is an appropriate word
I meant 'dense', as in thick like mud.
I say that He was referring to that generation to whom He actually spoke, because everything of God regarding the world is rooted in Christ and His hour...which also came to pass during that generation--that is, in the smallest of ways.
Many cosmic and dramatic events await fulfillment;
The preterist belief is easily proved wrong, as what Jesus said in Matthew 24:32 was only fulfilled in 1948, with the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel. I am of that generation, along with all who are alive today and WE will see it all.

If you disagree and think the Return of Jesus is the next event, then please tell us when all the things, so graphically prophesies between Revelation 6:12 to Rev 19:10, took place?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant 'dense', as in thick like mud.

Many cosmic and dramatic events await fulfillment;
The preterist belief is easily proved wrong, as what Jesus said in Matthew 24:32 was only fulfilled in 1948, with the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel. I am of that generation, along with all who are alive today and WE will see it all.

If you disagree and think the Return of Jesus is the next event, then please tell us when all the things, so graphically prophesies between Revelation 6:12 to Rev 19:10, took place?
Yes, "cosmic and dramatic events await." But only in the smallest way--which is only because of the unbelief of many, and yet for the further evidence that God is true for the new believer.

But you should really get off the "preterist" pet peeve. That is not at all what prompted the foretold strong delusion and great apostacy, and by making them a scapegoat, you dismiss the very real errors of that time...prolonging the day to Satan's advantage.

As for 1948, that again is but a small example showing God to be true to those who are new to the faith. (Let the reader understand.) But to those who think of themselves as mature--it is a temple made with hands, allowed by God that those of unbelief in what is real in God should receive emptiness by the measure they have believed.

Indeed, "Every eye shall see."

As for those things "graphically prophesied" in the book of Revelation, how is it that you believe that what occurs in the heavenly realm is seen in the world, when it is written "The kingdom of God does not come with observation?" And how do those events align with the days being "as the days of Noah" when the flood was not to be with water? The scriptures tell you how, and so have I, but you have not believed it. And yet your answers are all of this world, while the events are not.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get real!
We live in a real world, we are physical people, the Prophesies will really happen as described.

Proved by how Prophesies about ancient Israel and the Advent of Jesus were literally fulfilled.
No, but as it is written, we live in a "created" world, only in the mere "image" of what is [actually] "real" on high.

Until you understand that...you kick against the goads. Such is the way of those who are of the world.

But you can change if you want to.

As for those things of ancient Israel, "there are two witnesses", "first the natural, and afterward the spiritual."​

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In Bible prophecy we are told that people will deliberately reject these:

1/ That God created the world, which at first was covered with water. Genesis 1:1-2
2/ That God once judged this world with a global cataclysmic flood. Genesis 7:1-24
3/ That God is coming back to judge this world again, but next time it will be by fire. Isaiah 66:15-16, 2 Peter 3:7

Notice that the emphasis here is on a deliberate rejection, or a wilful ignorance. It is a deliberate action on a person’s part not to believe. Romans 1:19-25

People often ask the question: ‘If there is so much evidence that God created the world and sent a global cataclysmic flood called Noah’s Flood, then surely all scientists would believe this?’ The answer is given in Matthew 11:25

It is simply not a matter of evidence to convince people, because people don’t want to be convinced. There is ample evidence to convince anyone that God is Creator, so much so that we are condemned for not believing. Furthermore, Romans 1:18 also tells us that people ‘suppress the truth in unrighteousness’.

It isn’t a matter of there not being enough evidence to convince people that the Bible is true, because they don’t want to believe the Bible anyway. 2 Peter 3:3-4

The reason for this is obvious. If people believed in the God of the Bible, then they would have to submit themselves to His authority and obey the rules He has laid down. However, every human being suffers from the same problem, the sin which Adam committed back there in the Garden of Eden, is a ‘dis-ease’ which we all inherit. Adam’s sin was rebellion against God’s authority. Likewise, people everywhere today are in rebellion against God, so to admit that the Bible is true would be an admission of their own sinful and rebellious nature, and of their need to be born again by cleansing through the blood of Christ.

It is easy to see this wilful ignorance in action when watching debates over the creation/evolution issue. In most instances the evolutionists are not interested in the wealth of data, evidence and information the creationists put forward. Often evolutionists attack creationists by attempting to destroy their credibility. They are not interested in facts because they are totally committed to their religious faith called evolution.

And, as Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:37-39 uses the event of Noah’s Flood as a warning that God has judged and will judge again, they would have to agree that God is going to come back as Judge and next time He will punish by fire.

Sinful man in rebellion against God does not want to admit that he must stand before the God of Creation one day and account for his life. Thus, in rejecting Creation and Noah’s Flood and claiming ‘scientific’ evidence that supposedly supports his own belief, he becomes comfortable in not thinking about coming judgment. But, just as God created the world by His Word and sent the Flood, so God will judge this world, once again ‘as in the days of Noah’: by sending fire. Matthew 3:12, Luke 12:49

The fossil record stands as an undeniable memorial to the fact that God has judged by water. All of this should warn each man, woman and child that just as God has kept His Word in the past concerning judgment, so He will keep His Word in the future coming judgment, in His Day of fiery wrath that will severely affect everyone alive. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Zephaniah 3:8, Revelation 6:12-17, Revelation 14:18-20